PDA

View Full Version : How Rude! I felt so bad.

sparks19
06-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Today a work a lady came in with three of her kids. Their ages ranged approx. 7-12.... just a guess. Two boys and a girl (the girl was the oldest).... Anyway, they wanted to make bracelets and the two boys wanted to make bracelets for their little neices. They were very sweet boys and did a fantastic job designing the little bracelets and even had their neices names in the bracelets. they were very excited about what they had made and they really did do a wonderful job... they were beautiful little bracelets. Their neices were around 1 and 3 years old I believe.

anyway about two hours later the mother returned with the bracelets and said in a very disappointed sounding voice "can I return these bracelets?" I said yes but asked if there was anything wrong that I could help with. She responded with "My daughter in law didn't want them" :eek: WHAT?!!!!!

She said that her DIL said the girls were too small to have the bracelets and they would swallow the parts (even though the parts don't come off) and told her she didn't want them and to take them back to where ever they made them.

that is so awful.... I understand that you probably wouldn't put a bracelet on a 1 year old or maybe even a 3 year old but there is NO reason she couldn't have kept them as a keepsake for those girls. those little boys worked very hard on those bracelets and were very proud of themselves and she said right in front of them that she did not want them and take them back.

To me that is just RUDE. The mother was pretty upset I could tell but she was trying hard not to lose her cool in front of her kids. I felt so bad for those poor boys and that mother must have been so embarassed.

catnapper
06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I can just imagine how excited the boys were... and then how crushed they must have been. The sister in law will learn that in life sometimes you have to throw sensibility to the wind and embrace a joyous moment.

I'm betting the sister in law wouldn't ever let her girls play dress up because they might hurt themselves on mommy's shoes :rolleyes:

countrycowgirl
06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
:eek: OMG! that is awful!! that just breaks my heart! :( .....to me that is the reason why some people stop being giving and nice when they get older because of things like that :(

Alysser
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
That is really RUDE! I would have been steaming...how embarrasing for the poor boys and mother. The SIL could have kept the bracelets until they were old ENOUGH!! GEEZ, what a heartless women. Some people are real peices of work. :rolleyes: :mad:

Catty1
06-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh no...I wish the boys could have kept them as keepsakes of their loving and hard work.

That SIL - confuses her Prep H with sunblock and disappears on a sunny day....JMO..... :mad:

sparks19
06-09-2007, 09:54 PM
It really is sad.... they were such sweet and polite boys too. I mean even if the bracelets were absolutely hideous (which they weren't.... they were beautiful) there is NO excuse to turn down a gift that was hand made by those little boys out of the goodness of their hearts. Poor kids.

critter crazy
06-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Awww....that is so mean!!! I have so many bracelets and stuff made by my Nieces, I could never turn something down like that!! That woman needs to get her head out of her A$$!!

wombat2u2004
06-09-2007, 09:59 PM
I would have jammed the bloody beads down her throat !!!! :rolleyes:
Wom

chocolatepuppy
06-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Some people are heartless. :(

shais_mom
06-09-2007, 11:14 PM
poor boys -
what a WITCH!

Hellow
06-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I would have said for her to keep them because thoes boys worked so hard on them and the least she could have done is keep them. Some people are just cold hearted. Do you have the persons e-mail adress because i want to send them a message...

AdoreMyDogs
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I have a hard time understanding how people could be so insensitive. Poor boys :( that would have just shattered my heart if it happened to me as a child, but I have always been so sensitive.

Laura's Babies
06-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Cold, heartless and cruel! OOoooooOOOOoo! I would have been spitting fire if those had been MY boys who just had their spirits crushed by someone so cold, heartless and cruel!! Those bracelets would have been down her throat before I knew what I was doing! That "&%)%#@*)"

Hellow
06-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Im serious, does anyone have their e-mail adress because i want to send them a very unfriendly message...

Flatcoatluver
06-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Wow what a harsh daughter in law. I am surpriced the mother didn't keep it and tell her children that she is going to keep it because it's so beautiful. Why take it back? That makes the situation a whole lot worse.

shais_mom
06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Im serious, does anyone have their e-mail adress because i want to send them a very unfriendly message...
I have a feeling even if she DID have it she wouldn't give it to you -
what good would it do getting a nasty message from a stranger?
she obviously thinks her _-_- doesn't stink....

Kfamr
06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
That customer's SIL is a complete witch. I feel bad for the mom and the two boys.

How would any of us have the e-mail address of a complete stranger, and do you think a "very unfriendly message" from some kid is going to change or effect this stranger?

Hellow
06-10-2007, 03:40 AM
you know, i usually can come up with so much bad stuff in 5 seconds that karen would ban me. I could have 3 pages long of rants and raves and cuss words sent to her.

jackie
06-10-2007, 06:33 AM
That is horrible. I wonder how old the girls mother was, because that sounds like a really immature thing to do, but I guess being selfish has no age.

Reggie, get a grip. Why would you want to send three pages of cuss words to stranger that has no impact on your life?

Pam
06-10-2007, 06:40 AM
If I was worried about the beads being a choking hazard I simply would have thanked the boys and put them away until they were a little older.

you know, i usually can come up with so much bad stuff in 5 seconds that karen would ban me. I could have 3 pages long of rants and raves and cuss words sent to her.

:confused: :confused:

moosmom
06-10-2007, 08:23 AM
If I was worried about the beads being a choking hazard I simply would have thanked the boys and put them away until they were a little older.

Perfect advice, Pam. No feelings hurt, very proper etiquette. The rude person COULD'VE been a little more sensitive to the giver's feelings. We're talking kids here.

Alysser
06-10-2007, 08:27 AM

And tell me how would that help the situation in anyway? :rolleyes:

If you did that, they would have the cops on the company in tow seconds flat.

shais_mom
06-10-2007, 09:05 AM
good Lord.
if your rant is about this forum - you know you can leave anytime if you are that UNhappy!

Zippy
06-10-2007, 10:52 AM
My gosh what a mean person.She didn't have to give them to her daughters intil they are alot older.Even if she didn't like them she should have thanked the boys and said how nice it was of them to think of her daughters and make them beautiful bracklets(sp?)

lizbud
06-10-2007, 11:13 AM

:confused: :confused:

Pam, that's a better idea. :) tell the boys how much the girls will appreciate getting them
when they are a little older. :)

Reggie, grow up please.

Blue_Frog
06-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Sounds like it very well could be an issue between the mom and the SIL maybe, and the poor boys got the fallout. How heartbreaking for them :( I know my mom and my dads sister were always at odds, and nothing we could do would ever please my aunt -- turns out she was just a b****. And it sounds like this woman is as well.

Whisk_Luva
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Awww! Those boys must of been so upset :(

sparks19
06-10-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah it was really unfortunate. I don't know why she didn't keep them for her boys.... I know as a child if I was upset about something like that I would just want it to go away I wouldn't have wanted to keep it to remind me that my work "Isn't good enough" Of course it's not true that they weren't good enough..... but I can definitely see a child feeling that way and not wanting to even see the bracelets anymore. She didn't have the boys in the store with her when she came back. It was just her and her daughter and they ended up exchanging the bracelets for the bracelets the daughter had made (the mother didn't end up having enough money to pay for all the bracelets at once so she was going to come back next week for her daughters bracelets)

Reggie, NO I do NOT have her email address.... this person was a CUSTOMER.... if I did have it I would not be giving it out to someone to send a rude message to a customer or anyone in their family. Seems you need to find an outlet for that anger before it gets the best of you. I mean yes this situation upset me because I just can't imagine hurting a child like that but not enough for me to harass someone over it.

gini
06-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Even at my age I am still stunned when someone does something deliberately cruel. As Blue Frog said, I think there is more to the story than meets the eye. There must be some issues between the Mother and the DIL and the DIL
was using this situation to get back at her.

She could have kindly kept them - used them as decoration for the time being until the girls were old enough to wear them safely.

sparks19
06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Even at my age I am still stunned when someone does something deliberately cruel. As Blue Frog said, I think there is more to the story than meets the eye. There must be some issues between the Mother and the DIL and the DIL
was using this situation to get back at her.

She could have kindly kept them - used them as decoration for the time being until the girls were old enough to wear them safely.

I'm sure there was some bad blood between the mother and the DIL BUT that is no reason to hurt two innocent children. Bad blood or not she is nothing but selfish..... if she did that to get back at her MIL she was thinking of NOTHING but herself and did not care who she hurts in the process. People can be so petty sometimes. Hurting two innocent children for your own petty grievances GRRRR.

And the great thing about those bracelets is that as the girls grew they could have the bracelets lengthened to grow with them so they could have them forever.

Freedom
06-10-2007, 01:12 PM

Yup, and even let the girls try them on, make everyone happy, then say the girls shoudl take them off while they eat; play; whatever they are getting up to. Just make some excuse. Say they should save them for special occassions, if the girls aren't ready to give them up. It's called tact, and later can develop into diplomacy. That woman has none of it.

Unless there is n immediate danger, there were several ways around this, keeping harmony and everyone happy. Geesh!

Daisy and Delilah
06-10-2007, 01:34 PM
This kind of thing really gets to me. I am all about not hurting anyone's feelings, as I'm sure most of us are. What a shame that an adult chose to act like that with no regard to the damage she was doing to those little kids. Poor little fellas will probably never forget it :( I will rest assured that someday it will come back to this inconsiderate woman :(

sweetpatata6
06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
poor boys -
what a WITCH!

Or as one of my teachers would say witch with a capatal B!

Hellow
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM
My science teacher would say That son of a *****!

Kalei
06-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh my, that is so sad:( I can't imagine how heartbroken those boys must have been, i would have wanted to cry if it was me:(

Some people... I dont know...it makes me sad.

Almita
06-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Awe poor boys, if i were her i would just save them and when they're older i would give it to them and say that they're two lovely uncles made it for them.

I can't believe she would do that, but that's some people in this world. :(

cyber-sibes
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
:( You're right, that is just plain rude, and insensitive, and selfish on the DIL's part. I feel bad for those boys, too. Sometimes adults have no idea how much they hurt a child's feelings when they are so thoughtless.

Years ago I taught a childrens class in macrame, and had one boy who really stuggled. He was very hyper, and I practically had to stand over him to keep him on task in tying every knot to complete a plant hanger for a pot he had made. It took him a couple weeks, but he finally got it done. When the parents came that day, this kid's dad said right in front of everyone that he didn't believe his son made it, that he knew his son couldn't make anything that nice. You could see his son was crushed. I felt so bady for him.

Taz_Zoee
06-10-2007, 11:06 PM
That is very sad. And unfortunately, I happen to know a couple of people who are the same way. And they never change. :( Those poor boys.

RICHARD
06-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Wow,
They will not choke on little bracelet parts.

They will suffer a far more painful fate at the hands of their mother!

She won't instruct them on the dangers of putting things into their mouths-
So, when the day comes they swallow an object and choke to death she'll will freak out. and sue the world... :rolleyes: ..