PDA

View Full Version : Met Catnapper's crew!

jennielynn1970
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I drove to Reading to drop off some supplies for CatNapper's crew, and I got to meet ALL of her kitties!! And a very sweet doggie too! Pouncer was very sweet and loved getting a ton of pets and scritchies! Harry, the large orange and white boy, is GORGEOUS!!! He didn't want to be petted, but that's ok, lol. Allen is HUGE! What is it about oranges that they get so darn big?! Then there was Abby, who was so shy, she just kinda peeped around the corners... and then, a real treat for me, I got to meet FLUTTER!! She came out and played with her meowmie and the feather toy! She is absolutely gorgeous! Huge eyes, beautiful dark tabby markings! Be still my heart... it was all aflutter, lol.

I didn't get to meet Cameron! :( He was asleep! Oh well, maybe another time!

Thanks for being so nice Kim and Grant! It was great meeting up with you! I think we were at a Petco adoption day together before... something... you look too familiar!!

jenluckenbach
06-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Grant was nice??? :eek: :confused: :p

And Pouncer didn't swat you or hiss???

Well at least Camry likes ME better! LOL

But I whole heartedly agree about Harry (HANDSOME) and Allen (BIG....and very sweet) AND Miss Nikki (sweetest doggie I know).

catnapper
06-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Awww... your description of Flutter is too sweet. Is it obvious who I favor most? :o I was SHOCKED the little princess came downstairs at all while you were there. She must have recognised a good person was in the house.

I thought Harry let you pet him - I'm surprised he didn't because he usually lets visitors pet him (yeah, strangers he'll get pets from but he won't let me!).

Did you make it home ok through that awful storm? If I had known it was going to be like that I'd have insisted you stay here and wait it out -- sorry for sending you out!!!

No, Pouncer didn't hiss at her or swat... in fact he was very sweet. He did hiss at Harry when I went to feed them, which got a giggle from Jenny. Oh, and Jenny, please tell everyone just how easy Pouncer is to pill. Her eyes nearly bugged out when she saw what a good boy he is. :p

And yes, hubby was purrrfectly polite ;)

catfamily
06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
That was so nice of you to bring supplies to Catnappers family.I'm sure all the cats were happy to meet you (being a cat lover). :)

jenluckenbach
06-09-2007, 07:54 PM
WWWAAAAAHHHHHH, nobody at your house likes ME! :rolleyes: OK, Nikki likes me. ;)

catmandu
06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
If there was one thing that I would love to do before My One Fine Day comes would to to purrssonally visit All My Friends on Pet Talk and meet My Friends and Thier Cats and Dogs.
Sadly I dont drive and tHe Found Paradise Cat Hotel needs a lot of maintenance.
That would be so cool to bring Scrappy 2 as the one Cat who wouldnt panic. I think, JJJ3 has issues just going to the Vets!!!!!!!!!!!

jennielynn1970
06-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Grant was nice??? :eek: :confused: :p

And Pouncer didn't swat you or hiss???

Well at least Camry likes ME better! LOL

But I whole heartedly agree about Harry (HANDSOME) and Allen (BIG....and very sweet) AND Miss Nikki (sweetest doggie I know).

Cameron didn't get to meet me YET.. so we'll just have to wait and see on that one!! :p

Grant is one cool dude! We talked shop (teaching and unions, lol).

I just want to be built like Grant's younger daughter... she super athletic and looks like she's all muscle!! Me, I'm all flab! :o :eek:

And Nikki was soooo sweet!!! I just wanted to take her home with me!! I want a dog!! :o

jennielynn1970
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
I thought Harry let you pet him - I'm surprised he didn't because he usually lets visitors pet him (yeah, strangers he'll get pets from but he won't let me!).
I tried to pet him, but he kinda backed away and I didn't want to freak him out and be overly friendly. I usually like to let them come to me on their own when they're like that.

Did you make it home ok through that awful storm? If I had known it was going to be like that I'd have insisted you stay here and wait it out -- sorry for sending you out!!!
It rained cats and dogs!! :p The lightening was scary, but other than that, it really just rained off and on. Some areas were totally dry, others soaked. It was odd.

No, Pouncer didn't hiss at her or swat... in fact he was very sweet. He did hiss at Harry when I went to feed them, which got a giggle from Jenny. Oh, and Jenny, please tell everyone just how easy Pouncer is to pill. Her eyes nearly bugged out when she saw what a good boy he is. :p
I didn't know that Pouncer was a swatter or hisser! he was so sweet!!! He even jumped up on the end table next to me so I could pet him!

And yeah, pilling Pouncer, that was like a piece of cake!! Kim picks him up, hold him like a baby, pops the pill in his mouth, and voila! It's gone!! Takes all over, what? 10 seconds from start to finish?? Amazing!!!

And yes, hubby was purrrfectly polite ;)
Why wouldn't hubby be polite?! He was a really great guy to talk to. It is nice to be able to vent about administrators and all and have someone else who understands what idiots we have running our school districts here in Pennsylvania. Let's give the superintendent a nice big 12.5% raise, even though everyone is complaining about how he doesn't run the district well. So, he gets the raise, and THEN he places a moratorium on hiring of teachers (who needs them??), hires more administrators to sit and do nothing, and freezes all the budgets so we can't buy textbooks or supplies. WOW! What a great guy!! Ugh. Just thinking about our superintendent gets me all riled up!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2007, 08:54 PM
That's great that you got to meet Kim and her furkids and family.:) It's always nice to meet other PT'ers.:)

Laura's Babies
06-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Wow Jen, that was wonderful! You got to meet the MR. POUNCER in PERSON!!!!! .... (and drive home in a storm? We just had a bad one go through here too.)

I know you both had to enjoy the meeting and I admit I am a tad jealous.. :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow Jen, that was wonderful! You got to meet the MR. POUNCER in PERSON!!!!! .... (and drive home in a storm? We just had a bad one go through here too.)

I know you both had to enjoy the meeting and I admit I am a tad jealous.. :rolleyes:

Maybe a whole bunch of us should come down and go on a riverboat! I need a vacation anyway!! You do work on a riverboat, right?! Up here we have The Spirit of Philadelphia. My friend used to work on there.

Although I admit, I'd be coming to also cat nap Giz or Amy!! :o ;)

jenluckenbach
06-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Cameron didn't get to meet me YET.. so we'll just have to wait and see on that one!! :p

Well, this is how I figured it......Camry did not BOTHER to wake up because he knew he'd like me better. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Grant is one cool dude!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is this the same man who bellowed at the top of his lungs the first time I was ever in their house?? So bad that I was frightened to go back?
I guess you are just lucky that you had a common ground.

But really, kidding aside, I am glad you got to meet everyone (almost) in person. :)