PDA

View Full Version : Frontline VS K9 Advantix

Nobas Mom
06-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Just wondering which one you all think is the better product? My vet just recently stopped carrying Revolution, which is what I have used on Noba for over a year now. If not Frontline or Advantix, any other thoughts on product choices? Thanks all.

Kfamr
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I use Frontline PLUS on my 4. It's the only thing that will work here in Florida.

Randi
06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Take a look on this site, there's a discussion about Frontline versus Advantix.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Frontline-versus-Advantix-Advantage_W0QQugidZ10000000001007084

I use Advantage for my cat, and he has never had one single flee. :)

cmayer31
06-09-2007, 04:05 PM
I just applied Frontline plus to Frankie last night. I've never tried Advantix, but I have never had an issue with Frontline, so I haven't switched. :)

lizbud
06-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I've always used Advantage on the pups & the kitties. I'm happy with
the results.

LuckyNumber7
06-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I have always used frontline plus on all of mine, and they have never had fleas since I started using it.

dukedogsmom
06-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I only bought a couple for Dasher and I can't remember which one it was. But it doesn't seem to work as well as the ones used before by the SPCA. The vet suggested I rotate the two. Does anyone do that? I just wish he could be on Revolution but they don't suggest that for dogs that have been through the heartworm treatment.

Logan
06-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Advantix has the best commercials! ;) But I use Frontline Plus for my two dogs. I use Revolution on my cat.

I've never tried Advantix, so I have nothing to compare to. But Frontline Plus has always been fine for my gang. No ticks and no fleas.

Logan

Taz_Zoee
06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I've always used Advantage on DJ and Zoee. But then we needed something for ticks too. We got Advantix and used that. Then I heard Advantix was deadly to cats, so now we use Frontline. My brother uses it on his dogs too and it works great. My brother lives in a bad tick area.

Aspen and Misty
06-09-2007, 10:05 PM
There is one reason while I will NEVER use Advantix..It's deadly to cats. You can't use it even if you have cats in the house. In my opinion it's not worth the risk. You would have to be so careful even if you didn't own cats to make sure your dog never came in contact with them after the flea meds had been administered.

Ashley

IRescue452
06-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Right now, Hartz, for fleas ticks mosquitos and eggs. Hartz also has the chemical that can't be used on cats in most of its flea products. Our animals never get anything though. Not even a tick from camping.

K9karen
06-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I use K9A..and (howls MZ Klo) *There ain't no bugs on meee...there ain't no bugs one meeeee....* :p

lizbud
06-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I use K9A..and (howls MZ Klo) *There ain't no bugs on meee...there ain't no bugs one meeeee....* :p

I LOVE that commercial. :D I walk around the house singing it sometimes. :D The furries think I'm bonkers. :D

kallisto4529
06-10-2007, 05:22 PM
well i dont know about the Advantix being deadly to cats, seeing as i have a cat and i have used it since it first came out, with the recommendation of my vet, never once has bei-jing ever had any problems. I dont use it on her, i have only used it on the dogs, but she has never been sick or anything from it. I have tried frontline before and it just does not work as well as Advantix in my opinion. It keeps all of the fleas,ticks, and mosquitios away, Ginger when she was alive was extremely allergic to fleas and mosquitos and thankfully as long as she had it on her she never had any problems. I dont know what part of florida other people are in, but where I am, it works just fine.

wolfsoul
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Between Frontline and Advantage, I've heard of alot less problems with Advantage and Advantage is the only one that will take care of lice. I do live in a very high risk area for lice (fleas aren't too bad), but I don't like using chemicals on my dogs so I leave them as is...Haven't had any problems so far. Advantix I know nothing about but I am wary of all companies that do alot of advertising.

countrycowgirl
06-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I use frontline...if I had the money I would use revolution as in my opinion it is the best...and at the vet clinic that I work at it is what doc recommends...he doesn't sell advantix though he does sell advantage and his reasoning is that he does not like the chemical combinations in the product ...

cyber-sibes
06-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I use both. I used to use Frontline, then thought I'd try K9A (their commercials are awfuly cute!) Star had a bad reaction to K9 A, but I use it on Sherman. Star gets Frontline Plus.
I'm hoping they both work well because RI has a serious tic/Lyme disease problem.

Catlady711
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
well i dont know about the Advantix being deadly to cats, seeing as i have a cat and i have used it since it first came out, with the recommendation of my vet, never once has bei-jing ever had any problems. I dont use it on her, i have only used it on the dogs, but she has never been sick or anything from it.

You may have been lucky and I'd begin to wonder if your vet ever actually read the label on Advantix. After reading these parts of their label I certainly wouldn't use it in a household with cats!!

K9 Advantix Label (http://www.bayeranimal.com.au/default.aspx?Page=50&ItemId=14&InformationId=97)

Found this on Bayer (the manufacturer of K9 Advantix) website about the Advantix product.

Do not use ADVANTIX® on cats.

PRECAUTIONS
Do NOT apply to cats or animals other than
dogs. Do NOT permit cats to actively groom
or have close physical contact with a recently
treated dog. Due to their unique physiology
and inability to metabolise certain
compounds, the product must not be used
on cats. If applied to a cat, or ingested by a
cat, this product may have serious harmful
effects. If this occurs consult your veterinary
surgeon immediately.

NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR IN
ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL
UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE
LEGISLATION.

kallisto4529
06-10-2007, 11:45 PM
i dont have to worry about that with my cat, she is not like many of the cat's that are here on pt, she is not sociable to our former dog's and totally hates Reilly..lol Seriously though if i thought for a min that she would have any contact with it at all, i would never use it, for fear of doing harm to her and my vet would never allow it to be used either.