PDA

View Full Version : I'm Surrounded!

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Last night while watering in the front yard I noticed a cat in the bushes. Young, yellow, thin, having a bad hair day. He would not let us get close to him.

So we set out food and water for him. My niece and I sat inside the front door and watched. He crept out of the bushes and ate voraciously. (Perhaps you wonder where the beautiful but not too bright Edwina was all this time? She came over to us, wondering why we were on the floor, climbed around on us...walked away...came back...same thing. The third time she finally noticed the cat not five feet on the other side of the glass:rolleyes: )

When he finished he searched around for more kibbles. I decided to take more out to him. After a bit I looked out the window. Initially my heart stopped. I thought Edwina had gotten out the front door (absolutely forbidden -- it's a very busy street.) It was a beautiful gray and white kitty now eating!

What radar these animals have! I imagine Lyle (my name for the first kitty) getting out the message..."Hey...soft touch down at 6100! Free kibbles! Pass it on!"

Seriously, between the traffic and the raccoon in the back yard (raccoons will hurt and even kill cats) I need to find out if these are strays and get them off the street!

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-17-2002, 04:08 PM
awwww GOOD LUCK!!!
I have a stray coming around my house and QUEEN TINKY is not happy about it. I want to catch him but he always runs away. Poor Kitty :(

AvaJoy
08-09-2002, 10:05 PM
I had a similar experience when the elusive "Debra's Mom" stray (stubborn and refuses to be trapped) brought a young Tortie (Lisette) to my front porch, skinny and panting. DM backed off and sat down a few feet away to keep a watchful eye while she let Lisette inhale all the food I had put out.

I don't see DM very regularly anymore, but Lisette arrives every night to feast. She now knows where to find some nourishment, thanks to the kindness of Debra's Mom. :)