PDA

View Full Version : Welcome letter for Puppy pack

NicoleLJ
06-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I just finished writing the welcome letter for our puppy pack. I was wondering what you all thought. Any suggestions? Does it sound good? If you were getting a puppy would it be something you would like and learn from?

Here it is:

Welcome

To the joys of adding a Gift of Grace puppy to your family. You are now an extended part of our family.

There will be ups and downs as your puppy learns and grows and figures out their place in your family. Enjoy and treasure all of it. Find time to laugh at the little things that happen. This will help things be less stressful as everyone adjust.

In this puppy information pack you will find info about the White Shepherd breed, paper work of Ryder(sire) and Sheena (dam), training advice, what to expect as the days, weeks and months go by and also a trouble shooter at the end to help with some of the more common problems. All of this is meant to help you and your new puppy have a much stronger and happier bond.

You are getting the privilege to add a pup to your family that can have the potential to achieve many things in life. This breed is very confidant, intelligent, easy to train when using the right motivation(which doesn’t always mean food or treats), loving and protective. They are a thinking breed so you must always find ways to keep them busy and happy. Give them jobs, even if it is just helping to pick things up around the house, they thrive on helping their family,

Because of their confidence level they will need socialization from an early age. The more the better. Take them to schools when the kids are out at recess so they can be fawned over by children and learn that children are fun and safe. Join a dog club or class so they can socialize with other dogs and learn that it is more fun to play they to argue. Take them to as many places with you as possible. The more they see, experience, feel, hear and so on before the age of one the more happy, confidant and easy to adjust to new situations they will be.

I also want to stress to never be fearful of contacting me for advice. I will try my best to help you. And if I don’t have the answers I can help you find someone who does. No one knows it all and we should not be expected to. So asking for help just shows what a good and caring puppy owner you are. My goal is to make sure this is a life long match which is why I will always be here to assist you through the life of your pup. I will share in your joys also and take pride with you in your and your pups accomplishments.

Enjoy your puppy and welcome to our family.

Can't wait to hear your suggestions
Nicole & Sheena (moms to be)

Roxyluvsme13
06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I think it sounds wonderful. It's kind of similar to what Lily's breeder said to us :).

Aspen and Misty
06-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I love the letter and I think it is great. I also think it makes you look like such a loveing breeder. I did want you to know there is a mistake in this sentence.

Join a dog club or class so they can socialize with other dogs and learn that it is more fun to play they to argue.

*more fun to play then to argue

Again, I love the letter and I can't wait to see pictures of the puppies.

Ashley

NicoleLJ
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks so much for the assistance. I don't alway catch my mistakes. lol Very handy to have another set of eyes to look at it to help me see the problems.

Giselle
06-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry, I'm a spelling freak. I think you mean "confidEnt" :p A confidant is somebody you tell your close secrets to LOL. Very nice opening letter though!

wolfsoul
06-09-2007, 11:20 PM
*more fun to play then to argue

Actually it's "more fun to play than to argue" LOL. :p
I'm a spelling freak too.

Sounds great!

NicoleLJ
06-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I am rotten at grammer and spelling. And my spell check doesn't alway catch it. So thank you very much for your help. I do appreciate it.