PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Pam
06-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Does anyone else have trouble reading posts with some of the font colors on here? I have a lot of trouble seeing the light orangish and light pinkish ones. I even made my font larger but that doesn't work. Unfortunately I have stopped reading them because it is just too hard. Some are truly worse than others for me. Just give me *good old black.* Am I the only one with this problem?

Kfamr
06-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Nope! It's not just you. They really hurt my eyes.

I usually like to change font colors in my picture threads, but those are usually use navy, teal, or indigo.

Sometimes if the color is hurting my eyes too much, I will "highlight" the post and it make it a bit easier to read.

Freckles
06-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm with you, Pam.

I've had problems with the light colors for a long time!
Easiest solution for me is just not read them. I know I'm passing up posts that people want me to read, but it's too difficult. Second choice is to highlight the words, that makes a blue background with white letters.

The best choice would be the posts to be typed in black or other SOLID colors - the tints are too difficult to read.

Glad to see Kay's reply - I thought maybe it was "older" eyes that had the problem. :)

JenBKR
06-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Sometimes if the color is hurting my eyes too much, I will "highlight" the post and it make it a bit easier to read.

That's what I do. Some of the lighter colors seem to hurt my eyes. A little bit here and there doesn't bother me, but an entire post done in yellow or light orange or something is hard to read. Highlighting them seems to be the only way I can read them sometimes, or sometimes I will just skip those posts. The darker colors don't bother me though.

lvpets2002
06-09-2007, 09:00 AM
:) Thanks for the Thread of due to I thought it was just me & my computer having problems.. Has anyone noted Karen about this??

Randi
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Pam, I can't read the pinkish or bright coloured posts either, so I just skip them altogether. ;)

Zippy
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
I also have problems with the light colors.The really dark colors are ok but it does hurt my eyes to read the light colors.

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 10:07 AM
quoted by kfamr

same here, with very light, powder, or pastel colors.

is mine hard to read?

Pam
06-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks everybody! I really thought my eyes were going downhill. :) I never thought of highlighting. Great idea Kay! ;)

Some people might use a light color for one word like when someone says their cat is an orangie. :) A word here or there in a light color is fine. A whole paragraph though is just too hard for me to read.

Sandragonfly, your post is not as hard to read as the other colors but I like more contrast. Maybe making your post in Bold might make it a little easier on the eyes. :)

sirrahbed
06-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I never thought about highlighting!! DUH!! It works perfectly.

I also have trouble reading some of the texts and colors - now I know what to do, if I want to read them :D

RedHedd
06-09-2007, 12:05 PM
is mine hard to read? Yes

RedHedd
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Yes, the light colored fonts are hard for me to read too. I don't read them for the most part. When I do put in a colored word, I also bold it or enlarge the font to make it easier to read.

The all-centered text is hard to read too and when it's centered and light, well, forget it!

Laura's Babies
06-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I am with you RedHedd... Light AND centered is very hard so I skip that and the ones that are to light also. My eyes give me enough trouble as it is so I aviod any strain I can.

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
how about this one? I use this in PMs. I love the slate blue/perwinkle I use since, then realized it matched pet talk's color perfectly.

thank you for answering, I'd need to save bold for my emphasized words.. :p I'm willing to change the color but guess you don't read my posts anyway.

Catty1
06-09-2007, 04:42 PM
The slate blue is nice.

And yes, I have trouble with the light pinks, golds and oranges.

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 04:48 PM
quoted by catty1
And yes, I have trouble with the light pinks, golds and oranges.

yikes, oranges? were you able to read miles' memorial thread? so sorry about that..

Catty1
06-09-2007, 04:50 PM
OOPS - I meant light pinks and light oranges!

Miles' was just fine. And I read the posts in light colours anyway, I really do.

lizbud
06-09-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm willing to change the color but guess you don't read my posts anyway.

If she didn't read your posts, how would she say the print was hard to read?

Yes Pam. I have a lot of trouble reading small print anyway, but printed
words in light yellow, orange or pink is a lot worse.

Karen
06-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Color is one of those things that's hard to gauge, as everyone's monitor is different, never mind people's eyes, prescriptions, the lighting in the room, etc. A color that's very light on my monitor is plenty dark on Paul's, for example, and some nice but dark colors on mine look black on his. When humans are reading type, black text on a white background is most readable, so unless I am making the text bigger and bold for, say, a birthday greeting, I keep it black.

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 04:54 PM
oh ok, whew! :) most special thread to me.. will be bumped up in twenty days. :(

lizbud, mine are most of time centered (and too light for her) in picture threads.

buttercup132
06-09-2007, 04:56 PM
:o I would be one of those people. I'll not use bright colours from now on.

Cinder & Smoke
06-09-2007, 05:04 PM
When humans are reading type,
black text on a white background is most readable...

so ... I keep it black.

AMEN!!

And a few of us are Color Blind :eek: -
which makes some colors almost disappear!!

Colors with poor contrast on a white background -
anything "light" >>> Pink, Green, Orange, Yellow, soft Blues ...
all "wash out" and are almost IMPOSSIBLE to read!! :(

Help the Handicapped!! >>> Write BLACK!!

:D

catnapper
06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh man, YES! I can not read the ones where people use light text. To make matters worse, they often use bold, which is supposedly to make it more legible but it makes it a big fat blurb of color that I can't read.

And the centered thing? Drives me batty! English is a left justified language. Hebrew is right justified. Centeing is used to emphasis, like a poem, a quote, a sales ad, memo, etc. Not for daily use.

gini
06-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Yikes! The House of Orange is guilty!

Freedom
06-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Me too. For me, the yellow is impossible to read, bold or not. I never thought of highlighting, though! The "sandy brown" and teh cyan are also too faint for me.

I admit I used yellow in the "Dog Humor" post, but it was only on the "butternut squash." :D I couldn't help myself, I was having such fun! :rolleyes:
Mostly I stay away from the yellow and pink.

I like the blue, royal blue and red; but I always put them in bold. They seem too fine otherwise.

Cataholic
06-11-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought I was the only one finding it difficult to read the centered text. I thought I brought it to his/her attention once, just as a courtesy, but, no response. Now? I just skip it.

The colour that gets me the most is that light pink and yellow. Have to say I skip that, too. Hope it isn't offering me a million dollars, or anything. :)

Cataholic
06-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Yikes! The House of Orange is guilty!

Well, I am sure there is a special exemption for you. :D

4 Dog Mother
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Amazing! I thought I was the only one having trouble with some of the colors, centered threads. It is nice to know it is not only me. And yes I will skip the ones with yellow or bright pink - just too hard on they eyes. And I think someone used like a silver (or so it looked to me) and it to was hard to read. I don't mind colors but please use the darker ones for those of us with eye problems.

gini
06-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, I am sure there is a special exemption for you. :D

Well, Rascal did say Haarumpf!!!:D

auggie
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Buttercup, I was only able to read the dark yellow “updated with Ducky” writing and kept clicking on the flashing Ducky picture.LOL!
I wonder how many people missed the shortcut to all your beautiful pets because they couldn’t see the light yellow words.
You need to post more pictures of Hank. ;)

sandragonfly
06-12-2007, 08:56 PM
look at who's talking.. ;) ;)

I thought of you everytime I thought of chance .. you loved him. I plan to send you a set of baby chance! not in white.. I promise. :D

Freckles
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Everyone have a chance to read this?? :)

Catty1
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
If they didn't - how would we know? :D

Freckles
06-28-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm inclined to keep bumping this up until the light text posts disappear. :)

finn's mom
06-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I usually center my text when included with photos...I don't usually use colors, though, but is centered text difficult to read on it's own, or just when used in conjunction with a light color? I don't have too much of a problem reading any of the colors, although some are definitely easier than others! I have never had a problem reading centered posts, though...I don't know that I'll stop centering my text with photos, but I am curious! :)

mruffruff
06-28-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm not too keen on centering at all. My brain just naturally goes left :rolleyes:

I have trouble reading the light colors too. And the oversize pictures with text drive me nuts. But I still try to read them!

Cinder & Smoke
06-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm inclined to keep bumping this up until the light text posts disappear.
:)

WHAT "light text posts"????

Ohhhhh ... ya mean those ones I never read?

;)

RedHedd
06-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Bold Bump

I also don't like the oversized signature blocks that make me scroll from left to right just to read their threads, so I don't read them :p

Randi
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
WHAT "light text posts"????

Ohhhhh ... ya mean those ones I never read? ;)
LOL! Me neither!

I also don't like the oversized signature blocks that make me scroll from left to right just to read their threads, so I don't read them.
Same here! I really don't have the patience to scroll, to either read or see pictures - I just get on to the next thread.

Freckles, why do you use size 1 font? ;)

Freckles
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Actually it's Comic Sans MS, size 3 on my computer, and regular, not bold. It IS black and easy to read. Is it too large?
This is size 2, kind of light.

Almita
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Actually it's Comic Sans MS, size 3 on my computer, and regular, not bold. It IS black and easy to read. Is it too large?
This is size 2, kind of light.

That is like normal smallish size, i have to agree though i don't like the ones with light colors it gives me headaches and i have to take of my glasses because it quite hurts.

Randi
06-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Freckles, that's strange, it looks like this on my computer. :confused:

catnapper
06-28-2007, 05:02 PM
That is like normal smallish size, i have to agree though i don't like the ones with light colors it gives me headaches and i have to take of my glasses because it quite hurts.
Sorry Gina, but you use a light color and I often find it hard to read.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Bold Bump

I also don't like the oversized signature blocks that make me scroll from left to right just to read their threads, so I don't read them :p
That's ok! Ignore me! I'm used to that!!! ;) :D

Husky_mom
06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
actually, as Karen said, it also depends on oneīs own computer, as for the different fonts showing in different comps could well be because you donīt have that font installed on your own.......and thus it shows as another one maybe smaller/bigger.......

I also find some colors hard to read, esp yellows and light tones, but I blame my monitor as I use no glasses or have trouble with my eyes. I manage to read those.......I mean if Iīm interested or I care I read them.... whether highlighting it or taking a bit longer to read them ;)

I donīt mind either with centered text, yes, itīs harder to read as we are used to read from left to right, and being centered itīs still from left to right......

I donīt mind scrolling to see huge pics/posts......I do find it a bit annoying but hey itīs just one once in a while so if itīs worth it to me Iīll scroll......
I`m guilty here too as Iīve posted a few pics way to big..... sorry :p ;)

as for me I tend to use plain ol black for text, maybe some highlighted words or phrases in other colors but I stay in the dark tones.....so no one skips me ;)......... nah!.... just to make it easier for those who might have more trouble reading light colored text..... if I find it a bit hard, I try make it easier for others.......