PDA

View Full Version : Top 20 most common Swedish cat names

Ann
07-17-2002, 09:10 AM
Here is a list of the top 20 most common Swedish cat names! Swedish Agria Pet Insurance compiled this list and several cats my family has owned has been named some of the below names so it seems pretty accurate.

[list=1]
Nisse
Smulan
Maja
Missan
Lisa
Simba
Felix
Linus
Tusse
Mimmi
Sotis
Findus
Sigge
Tiger
Simon
Skrållan
Rasmus
Morris
Kajsa
Musse
[/list=1]

Just thought you guys might find it interesting! :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Ann...

Did you notice the name "Morris" on the list? He was once very famous -- worldwide even!

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2002, 05:20 PM
None of mine are on the list :( but then again I'm not Swedish. :)

Ann
07-18-2002, 04:57 AM
Yup, I noticed Morris on the list! But that was only cause I asked a few days ago who Morris and 9 Lives was LOL! I never heard of either before that

Now, I wonder where I could find a list of the most common American cat names... That'd be interesting to know as well and more people would be able to look up their cat's name since most members are from the USA.

Logan
07-18-2002, 06:49 AM
Well, Mimi was on there! Isn't that neat? Even if it is spelled a little differently!! I now know that I had a "Swedish" beauty in my presence. Always heard that Swedish women were beautiful, and Mimi is certainly no exception!! :D

lovemymaltese
07-18-2002, 01:08 PM
I was surprised to see some of those names on the list, I think that Tiger is a popular cat name all over the world, it's one of my personal favorites.

Fuzzy317
07-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting that. Its interesting to see popular names in other places.

12-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Hey , Maja is in the list !! Sounds just like Maya , hey;) :p ;)

Uabassoon
12-01-2002, 11:02 AM
I love the name Linus. That's my friends name, but he doesn't pronounce it the English way like Linus from Charlie Brown, he pronounces it Lee-nus. I think my next male cat will be named Linus.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Well, I found a few links to lists of most popular (common) cat names in America - here's one list:

BOYS
1 Max
2 Sam
3 Simba
4 Charlie
5 Oliver
6 Oscar
7 Gizmo
8 Buddy
9 Toby
10 Spike
11 Rusty
12 Jake
13 Buster
14 Sylvester
15 Rocky
16 Milo
17 Bailey
18 Simon
19 Sebastian
20 George

GIRLS
1 Sassy
2 Misty
3 Princess
4 Samantha
5 Lucy
6 Missy
7 Molly
8 Sophie
9 Pumpkin
10 Maggie
11 Callie
12 Daisy
13 Cleo
14 Chloe
15 Angel
16 Nala
17 Sadie
18 Katie
19 Jasmine
20 Peaches

My kitty (Dudley) isn't on here, but then I never call him Dudley anyway - I prefer to use one of his hundreds of nicknames.

COCatMama
12-01-2002, 11:20 AM
my fave cat name is Pouncer
:)

Barbara
12-01-2002, 12:44 PM
It's nice to see Findus on the Swedish list. He's my favorite cartoon cat. His character is a lot like Filou's and I think Juni also looks a little like him.

I have no idea about the German's favorite cat names but Tiger must be among them as well. It's difficult for me to think of more American cats called Sebastian than Tiger....

Edwina's Secretary
12-01-2002, 01:15 PM
In this morning's paper I read an article about an actress whose cat Mountbatten is in a play with her. The cat's understudy is her other cat...
EDWINA!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
The shock of it all......

Cataholic
12-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
In this morning's paper I read an article about an actress whose cat Mountbatten is in a play with her. The cat's understudy is her other cat...

Do you think Edwina should cast for Edwina's understudy? Are you sure the Edwina's are different Edwina's?? Have you ever thought how strange it is that TWO people in this world would name thier cat Edwina????:D :D :D

Lillycat
12-01-2002, 05:36 PM
hmmmm.....could edwina have a "secret life" that we are unaware of":confused:

tuxluvr
12-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

All right, queue the Twilight Zone music....am I correct that not only does Edwina have a namesake, but there is a cat named after her original "Mountbatten Estate"?!!?

Freaky, indeed! I knew there was more behind those mysterious grey eyes!

Barbara
12-02-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
hmmmm.....could edwina have a "secret life" that we are unaware of":confused:

This is was I was thinking. Who if not Edwina -the Lady and the Actress:rolleyes: :confused: :p