PDA

View Full Version : The Power of PT Prayers is Needed Urgently!

Lobodeb
06-09-2007, 12:45 AM
My poor grandmother is going to bury her second son in two years. :(

As most of you know, my father chose to end his life May 14, 2005. I just found out this morning that his older brother chose the same fate. I am on my way home to New Mexico to be with my family. What do you say to a woman who has outlived 3 of her children (one of her babies was stillborn)?

Can you please say some prayers for my grandmother and my uncle?

Many thanks in advance.

Kirsten
06-09-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that!! The same happened to my grandmother, and after that, she gave up on herself and gave in to her heart problems. She was 81 when her last child, my father, died. At that point, she was already a widow for more than 20 years.

It's hard to find the right words, as it's the most horrible thing for a mother to lose a child. How old is your grandmother?

My heartfelt condolences to your family!

Kirsten

crow_noir
06-09-2007, 01:35 AM
:(

*HUGS*

My thoughts are with your family.

caseysmom
06-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I cannot imagine what your grandmother is going through, god bless her. I am so sorry about your uncle.

Kfamr
06-09-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm so sorry, Debby. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-09-2007, 05:25 AM
I am so sorry to hear that! Your grandmother and family will be in my prayers! :(

anna_66
06-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Deb,

I'm so sorry to hear this:( I'm sending prayers her way.

ramanth
06-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm so sorry. :( :(

My prayers are with your grandma, you, and your family.

moosmom
06-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Debbie,

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Please accept my sincere condolences. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom
06-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Prayers for all of you. Can't imagine what your grandmother is feeling. {{hugs}} to all of you.

Alysser
06-09-2007, 07:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss and your grandmothers loss. (((hugs))) I'll keep you in my prayers.

Laura's Babies
06-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I am so sorry to hear that and your family will be in my prayers. I doubt there is nothing much you could say to make her feel better, just let her know you are there for her and stay by her side.

When my son died, there were two people I will never forget that came. One was a neighbor who came and sat quietly on my sofa and every hour or so, she got up, washed up the dirty dishes and made fresh coffee. After the funeral I had someone ask me who that dark headed lady was that stayed by my side and I didn't know, I had to think about it and when I did, it dawned on me there was a friend Francis that I knew that seemed to always be there, that quitely stuck to my side but out of the way that tended to my every need.

The biggest impression was a SIL that came and told me she needed me to go with her and took me out of the house, put me in her car and said "I am here to just take you out of here to give you a quiet break away from everybody, where would you like to go?".. I will never forget that kind act and break that I so badly needed but just didn't know it. It is those things that really impressed me and showed me who my friends were.. the quiet ones that were there to help without being noticed.

JenBKR
06-09-2007, 07:49 AM
((((hugs)))) I am so sorry you and your family are going through this again. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Debby, I am so sorry you are going through this again. Thought I don't have the words, I do feel your pain. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Daisy and Delilah
06-09-2007, 08:24 AM
How awful for you and the family Debby. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. :(

gemini9961
06-09-2007, 09:27 AM
My prayers are with you and your family Debby.

Randi
06-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( My thoughts are with you and your family.

((((hugs))))

Catty1
06-09-2007, 10:23 AM
hugs and prayers.....all you need.

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 10:41 AM
again, said in my PM, you all will are in my thoughts. :( this is so sad, megamega prayers for your dear grandmother - I can't imagine what condition she's in now.

and so sorry I can't see you & your little smiley boy tomorrow now, hopefully it'll be next time! have a safe trip.

((((all you need debby!)))) :(

Karen
06-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Your poor grandmother. She and all you family will be in our prayers. Will Hugito be with you? That will surely give her a smaile and hope for the future.

AdoreMyDogs
06-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I am so very sorry :( I can't imagine how horrible that is to go threw, especially for a mother. You and your family are in my prayers :( ((((hugs))))

Cataholic
06-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I am so very sorry, Debby.

Lobodeb
06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Thank you, everyone.

How old is your grandmother?
She's 82. She lost her husband in 1995, her second oldest son (my dad) 10 years later and now her oldest son. She's got more strength in her pinky finger than I do in my entire body.

Will Hugito be with you?
No, not this time. I'm only going for 2 days. My mom and I are planning a week long trip at the end of the month and Hugito will join us then. Maybe by then she'll be in slighly better spirits to enjoy him more.

phesina
06-09-2007, 06:33 PM
My deepest sympathy. I am so very, very sorry.

Hugs and prayers,
Pat

catnapper
06-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh Debby, I cannot imagine the pain of losing any children, let aloneall of your children. This must be amazingly painful for you as well. ((((hugs)))) for your family.

Karen
06-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Aww, bring plenty of pictures of your smiley boy for her then, okay?

Ginger's Mom
06-10-2007, 06:46 AM
Debby, I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.

smokey the elder
06-10-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm so sorry for your grandmother. It doesn't seem right for parents to bury their children.

Lobodeb
06-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Thank you again, everyone. Your kind words and thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

As expected, my grandmother isn't doing well. The details of how my uncle was found was kept from her as it is more than anyone needs to know about how their child died. I wasn't able to stay for the funeral because of the delays with the autopsy. It will be tomorrow, so can I ask for one more round of prayers for my family? They are greatly appreciated.

Aww, bring plenty of pictures of your smiley boy for her then, okay?
I did just as you suggested, Karen and they were a huge help. My grandma mustered up enough energy to tell me that she would never forgive me if I ever come back without him. It was good to see her crack a little smile.

cyber-sibes
06-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Debby, your family is in my thoughts & prayers, especially your grandmother.

Karen
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh, good, I am glad Hugito's picture was able to make her smile even a little. That gives us hope for her.

hugs to you and her.

anna_66
06-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Deb, I will be sending prayers asap. I'm glad that the pictures brought a smile to her face.
(((HUGS)))
Anna

4 Dog Mother
06-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Deb, I am really, really sorry that you have to go through this again. And I know you are going through your dad's death in your head and heart again. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! PM me if you need to.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I don't think there is anything you can say or do but just being with her will mean everything.

I am so sorry - I lost an uncle to suicide too

DJFyrewolf36
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
My prayers are with you and your family