PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Columbus, OH June-28 to July-1

Suki Wingy
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm going to be visiting some family and we're looking for dog or horse related things to do. We're already going to the zoo and a sort of nature preserve but I can't find anything else in the way of dog shows, etc.
Suggestions?

joycenalex
06-08-2007, 03:46 PM
that weekend is the (in)famous COMFEST, (comfest.org) a large open air community festival in goodale park. sun, rain, music, food, crafts, political discourse of ALL types. it's also columbus pride weekend (stonewallcolumbus.org).
while both of these events are not specifically dog related, lots of dogs will be at both events. i'm pretty sure columbus mounted police will also be at both events(sorta horse related) and on sunday afternoon you can meet me and some of my fur crew. i will check for others as well.

Suki Wingy
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks, sounds like a lot of fun. I'll see what they think of it.

cyber-sibes
06-08-2007, 05:15 PM
If you do make it to Goodale Park, look for the white squirrels, they're gorgeous! I've seen them in the park there before.

CountryWolf07
06-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Why not go to the Metroparks? Highbanks is a good one!

Marigold2
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
The Ohio State fair is a lot of fun. However I think it's later in Aug. Eastland outdoor mall is lovely with a ton of specialty shops to visit. How about the Columbus Zoo? The state house, Lincoln gave a speech there and his body was held there as well. Ohio State Campus is lovely as well.

shais_mom
06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
The Ohio State fair is a lot of fun. However I think it's later in Aug. Eastland outdoor mall is lovely with a ton of specialty shops to visit. How about the Columbus Zoo? The state house, Lincoln gave a speech there and his body was held there as well. Ohio State Campus is lovely as well.
http://www.ohiostatefair.com/ very true but you are correct she will be here a month before it begins :(!!
Its EASTON outdoor mall I believe unless there are 2 malls like that in Columbus.
The OH caverns are AWESOME - its about an hour south of Cols.
Not sure if you are into amusement parks but there is also King's Island
www.pki.com

joycenalex
06-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Why not go to the Metroparks? Highbanks is a good one!
we LOVE highbanks, but there is a real tick problem, so carefully check the furries after. the wonder dog got 2 last weekend_ICKY!!!!

shais_mom
06-09-2007, 09:18 AM
well I missed the part about dog and horse related events - so that probably leaves out the cavern's and KI altho they might have kennels to board the dogs.

Kfamr
06-09-2007, 09:25 AM
If you're looking for something Nino can come along with - check out www.dogfriendly.com :)

joycenalex
06-09-2007, 04:37 PM
upon further research, dispatch.com ( major local paper)columbusunderground.com, columbusalive.com, theotherpaper.com. more info when i find it closer to that week. hope this helps