PDA

View Full Version : Closer and closer!

Laura's Babies
06-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I am seeing that Boo is going out of her way to be nice these days. She is trying to make ammends and friends now to the rest of the fur kids. Yesterday was a eye opener for me when I saw her sit and wait and wait for Amy to move so she could get in the kitchen to get some water. Amy never moved so rather than attack, she made a major big jump across and over her. I saw her do this twice yesterday! I saw her also go sit in front of Giz for a long time, my first thought was she was stalking but I watched and I think she is just trying so hard to make up for how mean she has been. She sat there until Giz quit growling at her and then she left.

I have been noticing she walks way around them to keep from having confrontations so bless her heart, she is TRYING so hard! Last night I tried something I thought it was time to try. Usually when we go to bed, I shut the bedroom door, last night I left the door open. Boo sat on the foot of the bed looking at the open door for a long time before she came laid on me as she usually does and I was not woke up to any cat fights!! I think the worst of it is over and it will be all uphill from now on. She is making a big effort and Amy don't even go get in that cage when Boo is out anymore and seems a lot less stressed.

Just a few shots of them being close to one another, something that I am seeing a lot.
Samantha and Boo sharing the perch..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/BooandSamantha-1.jpg

Boo, showing Amy she is not a threat anymore. Amy is a little spit fire and she refeses to move so Boo was showing her "I am ok now, I can be nice so relax!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Closer.jpg

Amy goes to eat and as she trys to back out of the feeding station, she always falls over so she just stays there and takes a nap most of the time. Boo will want to eat but not upset or disturb Amy. When Amy would go in the cage, Boo would just sit and watch her for hours. Anytime Amy would walk, Boo would watch her with great interest. I use to think it was stalking but now I think she realized Amy has a disabilty and was seeing what that was all about. Yesterday showed me she has a lot of concern for Amy and has decided Amy is no threat to her place in my house.

It has taken us 5 months to get here but we are finally getting here!

Rie Rie
06-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Mom, this is great and I sure do pray it stays this way when you leave to go back to work, as I just HATE leaving Kitty Boo shut up in your room the whole time. I will have to test it out when you leave and see what happens.

moosmom
06-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Sounds like things are finally starting to calm down at LB's house. That's great news!! Keep us posted!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Good girl Boo - isn't life so much nicer when you all get on?

cassiesmom
06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Go, Kitty Boo! *smooch smooch, smooch smooch* to you all for getting along better!

phesina
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh, what wonderful news.

You go girl, Boo!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2007, 08:59 PM
This is great news!!!:D I hope it continues.:)

Scooter's Mom
06-10-2007, 02:41 PM
This is terrific news! I am so happy to see that they are beginning to get along better. I will continue thinking good thoughts for them to all coexist peacefully.

Crystal

Laura's Babies
06-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Things are still going good. There have been a few minor incidents but I do not have to watch as close as I use to and can go outside without being scared someone will get hurt unsupervised. I leave the door open all the time, night and day and she usually just goes back there and lays on the kitty bunk bed until bedtime when she gets on my bed. She comes up here and makes a round now and then, then heads back for another nap on the bunk bed by the window.

jenluckenbach
06-10-2007, 04:10 PM
This is wonderful progress, and it may have seemed like a LONG 5 months, but it was worth every minute. :)

You are a good girl, Boo.

Carol Bulger
06-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Hey, this is a great step on Boo's part. Who says you can't an old cat new tricks???? Hope it's all good from here..
Carol Bulger
:) :D

Kalei
06-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Aw, its great to see Boo and Amy getting along well:D The pictures are great, and I just love that perch, I should get one like that for my kitty:D She would just love it...when she gets bigger of course.

Laura's Babies
06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Ny neighbor and I built that perch and it needs recovering now as they have really used it a lot! We built Rie one the other day and I am waiting for her to post pictures of it finished but here is one of it just cut out and propped up....

The round part is one of those spools electrical wire comes on and if you go to your local lumber yard where they sell wire, they will give you one if they have a empty spool... or know any electricians. They just throw these away when they are done with the wire... I had to buy the 4X4 and "L" brackets but we had everything else. You cover them however you like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Perch1.jpg

Kalei
06-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh wow, that's a great idea, and my workplace has many many plywood reels that I could use for the bottom to start with:D So did you by the carpet and staple it onto the wood?

phesina
06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow, that's beautiful, Laura! Fantastic work there.

Laura's Babies
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
We already had the carpet that was scraps from a construction sight that was being thrown away and already had the staples/staple gun. The cats that it was made for are delclawed so the posts were covered with fabric but with claws, sisal rope works GREAT, you just wrap and wrap and wrap.. If you work where you can get your hands on them get one spool for the bottom and one for the top, just take it apart and use the wooden circles. Any padding and fabric will cover the perch where they will lay and I PROMISE you, the kitties do not care if it is perfect or not, color coridinated or not.

Finished it looks like... (shhhhh.. don't tell Rie I posted this but it is still at my house in this picture and she was here to take it home.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Perchfinished1-1.jpg

rg_girlca
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I am so happy to hear that things are going better now in your household. Especially for special sweet Amy. Keep up being a good girl Boo.

WOW!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!!! Laura, that perch is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!

I LOVE it!

Kalei
06-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow! :eek: That looks amazing!! Aw you have inspired me to try and make one someday!

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow Laura!!! Is there anything that you can't make?:D It looks great and I bet that you could also start making these in your spare time and selling them locally.:)