PDA

View Full Version : Zoee's limping :( *good update post #6*

Taz_Zoee
06-08-2007, 01:19 AM
I noticed earlier tonight while we were playing frisbee that she seemed to be running funny. But when she walked she didn't limp at all.
Just now she got up from napping and is limping pretty bad. Bruce and I have both checked out her leg and foot completely.
Luckily, I am not working tomorrow. But unfortunately, we are going out of town. So if she is still limping in the morning I will be taking her to the vet.
Let's hope her leg just fell asleep and she'll be fine in the morning. :)

Kfamr
06-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Poor Zoee!
Maybe she's just a bit stiff from playing frisbee?

Hope she feels better soon!

Taz_Zoee
06-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Boy I hope so. Maybe swimming this weekend will help loosen it up.
Thanks for responding. :)
I'll try to get on at some point tomorrow or over the weekend to update this thread.
Now I must go see how Kiara's owwie is doing. :)

Taz_Zoee
06-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Zoee is still limping. :(
We have an appointment in less than 30 minutes. And I just woke up 10 minutes ago!! :eek: LOL
I'll update when we get back.

cmayer31
06-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I hope that it's nothing big for Zoee! Maybe just a pulled muscle, or stepped wrong. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there is only good news from the white coats.

Taz_Zoee
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Thank you Craig! :)
And yes, it was nothing major. WHEW!! She must have pulled a muscle or strained something last night while we were playing frisbee.
But since she is going to Camp Daniel this weekend I got some anti-inflammatory drugs for her. Because there is NO way to keep her calm when she is around Boo and Lucy. :)
Thanks to everyone who read this and hoped good thoughts for us. As usual, it worked!! :D :D

kallisto4529
06-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Cin I'm sorry I just saw this, How is zoee doing now??? Im so glad it was not anything serious!!!! Give her some hugs and leg massage from aunti marti.

Vela
06-11-2007, 08:49 AM
So glad it was nothing serious! Hope she's back to her normal self soon.

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys! She was at my brothers this weekend and he said she only had one little episode. They were outside playing and she began to limp again, so they took her inside to rest. The next time the door opened she was back out playing again. :D
So I think she'll be fine. I didn't notice any limping last night, so that's all good! :)

DixieDad
06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
This is my first post here but I wanted to make some comments about Zoee's limp. How old is Zoee and did the vet xray. My BC rescue Dixie Belle suddenly started limping after playtime ( she's 5 yrs ) and at first the vet thought it was just something pulled. When it continued to return off and on I insisted on xrays and found she had injured her left shoulder in the past and had some arthritis there. Now that we know what it is we can manage it. I have ant-inflamatory drugs to help if she has an episode but to help limit the problem I give her a daily dose of glucosomine with condroitin. This helps her with her joints just like it does humans. I take the same thing. Not trying to push this on you just trying to give you some useful info. I wished I had know earlier so I could have spares Dixie 3 monhs of discomfort.

DIXIE BELLE
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/DixieDad/Dixie021807014.jpg

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, first of all....Welcome to PT DixieDad. :D Dixie Belle is a beautiful BC.
Zoee is just two years old. And I will definitely be pushing for further examinations if this problems continues. We didn't get to see my preferred vet since it was a last minute visit. As I think I said before, I only took her because I didn't want my brother to have to deal with a vet visit or anything.
What anti-inflamatory drugs is Dixie on? They gave me Derramax (I think that's what it is called) for Zoee. I sure hope she is not getting arthritis at such a young age. Although, 5 is very young to get it too.
But I will keep in mind Dixie's story. Thank you so much for sharing it and the picture. :)

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Glad Zoee is doing well - and welcome to Pet Talk DixieDad! :)

DixieDad
06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Deramaxx is what I have for Dixie but I try to limit it's use to just when she's having a problem. Deramaxx is a drug that you need to have schedule bloodwork if it's used on a regular basis. It can cause liver damage. On a use as needed program it's fairly safe.

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Well that's good to know. They gave me eight doses of it, but I only gave it to her Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am not going to give her anymore unless she is limping again. And that would be just until I can get her back in to the vet. So far this evening she is not limping. Whew! :)