PDA

View Full Version : Quote Game

Ann
07-17-2002, 04:41 AM
I just got the idea for this, so hopefully it'll work :) I start by posting a quote from a book, movie or song and you guys guess where it's from! The one who guesses correctly gets to do the next quote.

I think it's better if we try to use quotes from fairly well-known sources, and maybe we can even do animal related ones!

Here's the first (I think it's pretty easy):

Buck did not read the newspapers, or he would have known that trouble was brewing, not alone for himself, but for every tide- water dog, strong of muscle and with warm, long hair, from Puget Sound to San Diego. Because men, groping in the Arctic darkness, had found a yellow metal, and because steamship and transportation companies were booming the find, thousands of men were rushing into the Northland. These men wanted dogs, and the dogs they wanted were heavy dogs, with strong muscles by which to toil, and furry coats to protect them from the frost.

zippy-kat
07-18-2002, 12:53 AM
The Call of the Wild
Jack London

:eek: Gotta find a quote now...lol

zippy-kat
07-18-2002, 01:06 AM
I have two and I can't decide on which to use...I'm afraid this one is too easy but I hafta show loyalty ;)

"First he ate some lettuces and some French beans; and then he ate some radishes; and then, feeling rather sick, he went to look for some PARSLEY.But round the end of a cucumber frame, whom should he meet but Mr. McGregor!"

Ann
07-18-2002, 04:43 AM
Good work zippy-kat :)

And congrats popcornbird, now it's your turn! Sorry if you thought it was too hard at first, I just thought it could be a fun game! It'll obviously be hard for people to guess the quote if they haven't read the book or seen the movie it's from but still!

G.P.girl
07-18-2002, 07:56 AM
jack londons call of the wild?

G.P.girl
07-18-2002, 07:57 AM
oh, sorry but i only looked at the first one

Edwina's Secretary
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
I saw this yesterday as I was leaving work. Hours later I was filling my bird feeder and "Jack London" suddenly came to mind....

I was still awaiting the flash of the name of the book. You guys are good!

Rottieluver45
07-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Little Red Riding hood?

Rottieluver45
07-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Okie Dokie!! Here it is!

I`m a doctor,not a door stop!

(I had trouble thinking of quotes!)