PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Question???

Pawla
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
My female cat Squeak walks by things, the couch, the cabinets, me, etc, turns her butt towards whatever and shakes her tail like she's spraying. Nothing comes out, but she goes through the motions. Can anyone tell me why she does this?

catnapper
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Is she spayed? Cats have scent glands on their bottoms. She could be ,arking that way. Most often, non-spayed females will do this.

I highly urge you to spay her if she's not. ITs the best thing for her health and well being.

Pawla
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Is she spayed? Cats have scent glands on their bottoms. She could be ,arking that way. Most often, non-spayed females will do this.

I highly urge you to spay her if she's not. ITs the best thing for her health and well being.
I've had her since she was four weeks old, and had her spayed as soon as the vet said she was old enough. She will be ten in August.

lvpets2002
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
;) Hey All of my girls are spayed && there is three of them that does that too.. I think they think they are still spraying..

Pawla
06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
;) Hey All of my girls are spayed && there is three of them that does that too.. I think they think they are still spraying..
Well, I sure hope nothing ever comes out! :eek: I had a neutered male that really liked his blanket. Alot, if you know what I mean!

Freedom
06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Sparkle will do that also. Nothing comes out, I guess she thinks she is marking. Then, like she remembers she's a spayed female, she turns around and rubs her chin and face to mark the item. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
:) OMG yes my girls for sure all the time Rub their Chins & Face on everything for marking..

kuhio98
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
;) Hey All of my girls are spayed && there is three of them that does that too.. I think they think they are still spraying..We adopted Kuhio when she was 8 weeks old. She was spayed at about 6 months. She did the bootie shaking thing for 17 years. Nothing ever sprayed out. Silly girl!

Catlady711
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Pooky has done that since he was a kitten. Because of fear that he would start spraying I had him & Bear neutered at 5 1/2 months old instead of waiting to 6-7 months that was recommended. Pooky still does that and at no time has anything come out of him. I've since discovered that when he's really, REALLY happy is when he does that. It's like he's so happy he just can't contain the shake in his tail. lol

kitimom
06-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Cheese does that, too and we call it "shooting blanks"!!! LOL!!

catmandu
06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I have raed that although it looks like nothing comes out it is a bit like flatuence in a person as a scent does come out and Our Cats are satisfied that they have marked thier territory in a way that only they can sense.
Rocca did that all the time too and I bet still does that even as an Angel.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/Print0001.jpg

kittycats_delight
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Vixen does this too and she is spayed. She never actually spays but goes through the motion. I think it is sooo cute and really funny. We call her our faker. :p

Catty1
06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
That's what I think - 'going thru the motions'. Even though they can't remember why it's done...

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Interesting thread.:) My Storm also does this and nothing has ever come out. He was already neutered before I adopted him.

Pawla
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks for all the advice! She does seem to do it more right when I come home from somewhere. Maybe she's marking me because of strange smells. She also rubs her face on mine every morning when I get out of the shower. She holds her little paw up to get my attention. I'll lean over, and she marks me. She's a funny girl! :D