PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter fans in Toronto, Ontario?

ramanth
06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Andy, my sisters, friends, and I will be attending this:

Casa Loma Museum - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Friday, July 20th

"Harry Potter and the Casa Loma Party" is a more mature party for all fans 14 and over, who have been with the series a bit longer, and who have come to the sad realization that the series is at last reaching its end. This party is FOR FANS, BY FANS. The only corporate involvement we have is with sponsorship, but otherwise this party is purely organized and maintained by total Harry Potter nerds.

This party has paid admission due to our one UNIQUE factor: Casa Loma is an actual castle! That's right, it was built in the early 1900's, and remains one of Toronto's most beautiful and popular tourist attractions in all Ontario. There actually IS no "castle" listed under "Location type", so we had to choose "Museum", since Casa Loma technically is a historical landmark.

Your ticket cost includes:
- A formal dinner (food, cutlery, table linens, wait staff, etc)
- All-night access to a drinks bar (non-alcoholic beverages ONLY)
- Live band performance (5th Projekt)
- DJ/dance
- Activities ranging from Potter Jeopardy to a treasure hunt
- All-night access to the beautiful outdoor terrace
- 1-hour access to the lovely castle gardens
- And of course, at the end, if you wish to buy your copy of the 7th book, we will have books provided by a major bookseller

We encourage everyone to dress up in costume! If you don't have a costume, that's still fine! Our dress code for non-costumers is semi-formal, with strict "no jeans" rule.

As mentioned, this party is restricted to ages 14+. Everyone must print out and sign a waiver form, and all those under the age of 18 MUST have their form signed by a legal parent/guardian.

Official Website:
http://hp-casaloma.virgin-designs.net/home/

BC_MoM
06-06-2007, 09:03 PM
That's awesome! I totally wish I could go.

ramanth
06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Bumping for the afternoon crowd. ;) :D

Sevaede
06-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Awwww! I would go if I were closer! :(

I remember reading the first book when I was in elementary school ten years ago. I loved it but didn't think it would be that big until its popularity skyrocketed when I got into high school.