PDA

View Full Version : Toby you are free now.....*Last picture added*

pitc9
06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
If you don't know who Toby is, please read this thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128247&page=1&pp=15

I drove to my parents house listening to Daughtry's song "I'm going home" and balwed my ever loving eyes out.
I got there at about 11:30 and the vet pulled in at 12:50 and she was laying under her favorite pine tree.
He was VERY nice... let me take my time saying all my goodbyes and giving all my kisses.
I told him I was ready, my husband was holding her head in his hands and had his face pressed against her cheek. I was holding her paw telling her I was sorry I couldn't fix her this time.... and then..... she was gone. :(

It was the most peaceful thing I've ever seen ...... I saw her laying there in a state of peace that I haven't seen in quite sometime. I laid on the ground next to her, hugging her and kissing her telling her how much I love her.
Then we burried her and covered her up with her blanket and her favorite red bone stuffy between her paws. Then I steped down in her grave and gave her one last kiss.

I'll miss her being here on earth... but I know she's much better off at the bridge.

I took a few pictures today, one after she was gone and the sunlight was shining on her through the pine tree.
It's beautiful, but I don't know if I want to share it.

I love you Toby, you blessed our family with 13 WONDERFUL years.
I'll miss you.
:(

dukedogsmom
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm so sorry Angie. I'm glad Toby's passing was peaceful and that you were able to be there with her. Time will tell you if you want to share the photo. She looked like a real sweetheart. I just love this one.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p6531a8859a3651e9fe0870ad9db148dc/e931d104.jpg
She's at peace now and all our RB dogs will look after her until you can once again be reunited.

Alysser
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I saw pictures of beautiful, Toby and she is just gorgeous. It sounds like you and your husband saw her go peacefully and she was happy to have you both there saying good-bye. Godspeed, Toby.

We would all love for you to share the photo, but only of course when you are ready.
{{many hugs}}

lizbud
06-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry Toby's time on earth has ended. :( I could feel your love
for this sweet girl though your posts in the other thread. You are so right
in that Toby is feeling no pain now & will be with you in spirit always.

Rest In Peace Toby.

Catty1
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Peace, beautiful Toby. May you have many rubber rats at the Bridge!

She was loved all her life by many people - thanks for being such a blessing to her.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Kfamr
06-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Angie, this post has me in tears.

What a beautiful way to leave this Earth, incredibly touching. Toby will be forever watching over you, your husband, and your parents.

And you don't need to say sorry, you did fix her and you did the best thing for her. Toby will forever know love because of you.

Cinder & Smoke
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Listening to Daughtry's song "I'm going Home" ...

My husband was holding her head in his hands and had his face pressed against her cheek.
I was holding her paw telling her I was sorry I couldn't fix her this time ...
and then ...
she was gone. :(

BLESS you for being there to send her off to The Bridge.

{{{Hugs}}}, Angie!

Rest in Eternal Peace, Dear Toby.

/s/ :( Phred

pitc9
06-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I was doing great until I came home and I called Buddy Toby :( ... my hubby and I both looked at each other and took a deeeeep breath.

. May you have many rubber rats at the Bridge!

Ohhh so true....so true...... You put such a HUUUGE smile on my face with this.... you don't even know it!! :D :D

Thank you all for your comforting words.... If you could only see the smile on my face right now as I read your words.

I just had a talk with Buddy and Sierra and I made them promise me that they'd go in their sleep ;) .... but if not.... I pray that when when they are old and grey and ready for their trip I pray to goD thay their trip is as peaceful as Toby's was.
Thank you all again for your words...they mean so much to me right now.

k9krazee
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Angie, sending you many ((((Hugs))))

I'm so glad you got to be with Toby and say your goodbyes, not many are that lucky.

Rest easy Miss Toby, I know that you certainly will never be forgotten.

finn's mom
06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Such a lucky dog. To leave this earth with love surrounding her and covering her, that is such a miracle. What a gift she gave you and in return, you gave her the chance to leave peacefully and wrapped in beauty. I say it couldn't have been done in a better, more appropriate way. May her memory serve as a reminder to all of your family how to live and love life to it's fullest. I'm sorry she's gone, though it truly sounds like she's where she needs to be.

wolf_Q
06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss, Angie. :( {{hugs}}

Rest easy sweet Toby. You had a wonderful long life and you will be missed.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Bless you Toby

chocolatepuppy
06-07-2007, 05:07 AM
I'm so sorry about Toby. :( May she Rest in Peace.

cyber-sibes
06-07-2007, 06:45 AM
*tears flowing* Angie, Toby's passing sounds so peaceful, she was surrounded by so much love with you were there to comfort her. I think it was wonderful that your vet came out so she could be in her favorite place. She'll be well cared for at the bridge.
Rest easy, pretty girl.

Logan
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Angie, I'm so sorry about Toby. :( I'm glad that her passing was peaceful and that you and your husband were able to be there with her in such a beautiful setting.

I will certainly have you in my thoughts.

Logan

Sudilar
06-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. RIP, Toby. You were truly loved. Hugs to you and your family. (((HUGS)))

gemini9961
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm so sorry Angie. Her passing with her loving family around is heart warming. I'm sure she is smiling down on you both right now saying thank you. RIP Toby :(

buttercup132
06-07-2007, 12:45 PM
So sorry to hear. R.I.P sweet Toby.

luvofallhorses
06-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I am so very sorry. :( Toby was gorgeous and had a great life with you guys. (((HUGS))) you and your family will be in my thoughts.

K9karen
06-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Angie, I'm so sorry. Have a safe trip to the Bridge, Toby. You done good.

Taz_Zoee
06-07-2007, 08:25 PM
(tears) Toby lived a long, happy life with all of the love that she deserved. She will be playing and waiting at the bridge.
RIP Toby

pitc9
06-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Again... thank you all for your kind words, they mean so much to me.

Toby, today I finally took my cd player off of repeat. I'd been listening to "Going Home" by Daughtry since Wednesday morning nonstop.

I cry every morning when I wake up and realize, once again, that you are no longer here on earth with us. It's happening more and more where I smile when I think of you or see your picture.. Rather than bawling my eye out every time. I know I haven't been back to your grave yet, I'm sorry.
I told Grama and Russ to keep an eye on Leroy and make sure he doesn’t do anything silly, I don't know how he's taking you being gone. I'm sure he misses you a lot! I know mom and dad weren’t home on Wednesday, but they know that you are in a better place and are just as sad as I am that you're gone. (dad cried when I called them to tell them you were gone T... that hasn't happened in a looong time!! Of course mom cried too!)
You were so very special to us Toby and you always will be.
We realized that that house hasn't been without a dog since around 1976!!!!
:eek: It's so quite there... but I know you're still there protecting the yard!
Have you met Candy & Taffy yet? They were here at the house before you.
A lot of people though I adopted you because you looked like Candy... maybe I did it without even realizing.... doesn't matter anyway you were a wonderful dog. I sent the vet a thank you letter with a picture of you from the day before you left. I made it quite heart wrenching... I didn't mean too.. it just came out that way. Hope I don't make him cry! :o ;)
I'm so happy you and Harley are together again!
Your food bowl with your collar inside of it are on the TV right next to Harley's ashes. I love you Toby and I miss you terribly.

Here are a few pictures from Wednesday... these were taken about an hour before she made her trip. They are from my camera phone so they are small.
Toby and I
Toby and my hubby
Toby just chilling out

Cataholic
06-08-2007, 11:34 AM
This brought tears to my eyes. RIP, Toby. You were, and still are, much loved.

shais_mom
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
RIP sweet Toby -
hugs to you and your parents Angie...

finn's mom
06-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Those are very sweet photos, even if they are small. Thank you for sharing them. I'm glad you're smiling again. Toby would like that more, I'm sure.

kallisto4529
06-09-2007, 11:00 PM
As I sit here sobbing, I can't help but feel so much kindness and appreciation to you for sharing those precious pictures of Toby. I could never begin to tell you how very sorry I am for you and your family. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you. You were very brave and selfless for her and that was yet another act of love you showed her.
RIP Sweet Toby, Play with all the plastic rats to your heart's content!!!!! I hope you met Mousse and Ginger up at the Bridge and they are helping you along, they will play with you.

sabies
06-10-2007, 05:28 AM
So sorry to hear, RIP Toby.

Daisy and Delilah
06-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Rest in Peace Sweet Toby :( Play hard at the bridge sweetheart :(

pitc9
06-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Toby, I went to mom and dad's house last night and I sat down by your grave to talk to you and Leroy came and visited with me. He was sitting on my lap for a while, then I got up to go in the house and Leroy stayed by yout grave, he laid next to you for quite a while. I went back out to check on him and bring him in the house for the night and I heard the neighbor practicing his bagpipes. He started playing Amazing Grace :( Oh I bawled my eyes out. It was so beautiful Toby.... I love you and miss you.
I started walking next door to Grama's house and passed your favorite spot, under the pine tree where we ended your pain. You fur was still on the ground from where they shaved your leg to give you the shot. I picked it up and put it in a plastic baggie for mom. I'll give it to her when she and dad comes home tomorrow night.
I must have been dreaming about you last night because in the middle of the night Buddy started barking at something and while I was still half asleep I yelled out "Toby.. hush up" Boy oh boy did THAT wake me up!!
I love you and I miss you like crazy.

cyber-sibes
06-11-2007, 07:24 AM
(((hugs)))

ramanth
06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh Angie... I am a blubbering mess at work. *HUGS*

I am so sorry for your loss. Toby was a beautiful girl and blessed to be loved by you and your family.

RIP Toby. You are dearly missed down here.

AdoreMyDogs
06-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I am so sorry about Toby :( It's so hard to lose a beloved furbaby. It's such a shame they can't be with us for longer. 13 years is a nice, long life, though, and you're blessed you had her for so long. I know she's happy now and one day you'll meet again.

((((((hugs)))))) to you and your family. I'm so very sorry :(

pitc9
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Well Toby... Mom and Dad will be home in just about an hour. :(
I can't imangine how hard it's going to be for them to pull in the drive way and not having you there to greet them.
I've pulled myself together over the past few days... (I've gone 1/2 a day without crying!)
But I have a feeling that I'll loose it all over again when I see mom tonight.
I love you and miss you like crazy Toby.

dukedogsmom
06-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Angie, every time I hear that song now, I think of you and Toby. I know what you mean about the cd and playing songs over and over. I still do that with Duke's song on occasion. I'm glad you can already smile over some memories. I know that helps. Pm me if you ever need to talk, ok?

Kfamr
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
{{HUGS}} Angie.

pitc9
06-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh Toby... yesterday was a rough day for mom, dad and I.
We were at a car show with a bunch of mom and dad's friends that knew you and they all told us how sorry they were and how much they'll miss you too.
Dad's friend Rick always though of you as his buddy, his wife was even in tears when she and I were talking about you! I started to notice that there were a lot of dogs around, then I realized that it was because there were 3 rescues there with dogs up for adoption. Dad kept trying not to look, but eventually went up to one and was petting it. He had part of his hamburger left in his hand and asked the lady if he could give it to you because he always used to save a little of what he was eating for you. When he gave it to the dog he just stood there in a daze. Then.... I noticed a little puppy... at first glance I only saw his back end and he was all tan, except for black on the tip of his tail and I thought to myself.. wow that's just what Toby looked like as a pup. Mom and I saw the puppy later and we both did a double take because this puppy looked EXACTLY like you as a baby. I called dad over to the puppy where mom and I were and he took one look and started crying. These poor people are just walking their puppy (this one was not up for adoption) and here are 3 adults that asked them to stop so we could pet the puppy and now we're all crying. It was so hard to see dad crying again over you. He misses you so much Toby!!
Mom and I finally walked over to where the rescues had all the dogs and mom picked up an 8 week old Sheltie that was saved from a puppy mill, she held that little girl for a long time. I don't think they're ready for another one right now... but I'm sure it won't be long.
Mom says Leroy visits your grave everyday still.
The next dog they get has big paws to fill!!
I love you and miss you Toby!!

finn's mom
06-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Angie, it sounds to me that when your parents meet the dog who is to be their next, they will know it immediately. It doesn't matter how soon or how late it is that they get another dog, Toby will never be replaced, that's for sure. I hope you have a good week. Keep posting, if it helps you, I know I like to read them.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-18-2007, 09:40 AM
I am sure Toby is on the case already - finding the right dog for you all

cloverfdx
06-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh my goodness Angie i am just seeing this now :(. My heart is breaking for you and your family. Toby sounds like one special girl, i am sure she is watching over you and your family and thanking you for all those wonderful years together.

Rest easy sweety.

pitc9
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey Toby.
Leroy lays by your grave all the time still. He's been sticking close to home since you left. He's actually been sleeping in mom and dad's bed at night! He's NEVER done that! He misses you so much, we all do!
The kids (my niece and nephew) visit your grave everytime they go to the house. They talk to you and leave treats on your grave.

Mom and dad are leaving to go out of town again tomorrow morning, and when they get back... we're going to start looking for a dog.

Please help us in our search Toby, you know this dog has to be good with kids and cats and the dog will have 10 acres to run on.

I look at your picture in my phone all the time, the one I took after you were gone. I've decided to share it here with my PT friends. Hope you don't mind.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pd4832aa729ae4b85fc9eb07d61ad629a/e927f6ed.jpg

Forever missed and loved.

Cataholic
07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, my....LES. Such a private image to share. Thank you. May your sadness by lessened one iota knowing that you are being thought of by me.

cyber-sibes
07-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Angie, your angel Toby will guide the right pup into your home & hearts. plese give yourself and Leroy a hug from me. I was going to say "poor kitty", but then a thought came to me...maybe Leroy can still see Toby! They say cats can see spirits we can't. Maybe he's keeping Toby company, maybe they're working out the details of finding that perfect next dog. :)

Alysser
07-02-2007, 01:28 PM
What a great pic. Major LES... :(

dukedogsmom
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Tears here, as well. I hope Toby leads your family to a very special dog. One that can make you forget the pain of loss and give lots of happiness. Toby looks so peaceful in that photo.

ramanth
07-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I hope sharing your thoughts and that photo help ease your pain Angie. *HUGS*

Sudilar
07-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Crying..........hugs to you.

anna_66
07-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Angie please forgive me for missing your thread about Toby:o

I just got done reading both threads and I'm sitting here with major LEShttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/cry002.gif

Johanna is right, that's such a private imagine to share. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope as the days pass you and your parents can start to feel better. I'm sure Toby is up in heaven picking out the new puppy for your folks right now:)

Many (((HUGS))) to you girl.

cyber-sibes
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
We just dropped by here to say thank you to Toby. I'm sure he was standing at the Rainbow Bridge too, to show Sherman the way.
((((hugs)))

loveallfurryfriends
07-20-2007, 07:55 PM
God Bless Toby--my heart goes out to you & your husband. Toby is @ the bridge, and she knows how much she was loved. R.I.P.

pitc9
07-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Toby!
I hope you heard me talking to you last night!
You've left such an imprint on my life.

What a wonderful, long and full life you lived, you were an amazing dog Toby.
It's no wonder mom and dad and I will sit out on the deck and just look out back where your grave is and no one says a word. We just sit in silence and remember you and the life you lived. I feel honored that I was the one chosen to send you peacefully on your way to the bridge. Bringing you the peace you so deserved was the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life.

In the beginning of your life I saved you from the shelter and in the end of your like I saved you once again from needless pain and suffering.
We were blessed to have you in our lives; you truly are one of a kind.

Mom and dad are still gone all the time at car shows for a few days to a week at a time; you know how they are in the summer time! :D
We never had to worry about watching the house when they were gone because you were there!

I have to tell my PT friends here a story about you.

A few years back, my parents were out of town and a friend of theirs that had been to the house several times and had met Toby, stopped by to drop something off to my dad. When the guy pulled in the driveway Toby wouldn't let him get out of his truck!! :D He called her name and tried to get her to calm down, but she kept her fur raised and teeth showing until he left!!
She knew she had to protect the house even if it was someone that had already been to the house several times!

pitc9
09-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Hey T!
We all still miss you so much!
Once in a while the kids still ask where you are. :(
When they ask we go back to your grave and we talk to you.

I saw an ad in the paper the other day for Shepherd/Lab puppies and I called on the them but they were all gone already. When I hung the phone up I started crying. I know we shouldn't get another dog just like you, but you were the perfect dog Toby!! You were perfect!!
Mom and dad have been going to the local shelters looking for a dog, but so far haven't found one.
I know they'll never be another Toby, but we can at least try to find one close to perfect! ;)
A few weeks ago the kids, Kimmy, mom, dad, Rick and I were in the woods and we found your rat!!!! Oh I was so happy Toby! The kids and I walked right over and put it on your grave! I was so happy to see you with your rat again!
Last weekend mom, dad and I were sitting out in the woods and had a fire. Mom and I were getting cold, so we started walking to the house. As we were walking towards the house Dad said "If Toby were here, we'd stay out here for another hour or so." :(

I love you and I'll miss you forever.

crow_noir
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
*hugs*

I still make sure Yellow (a yellow hockey ball that was one of King's favorites) is always near King's collar and dinglies.

You comment about finding Toby's rat made me smile and sniffly (correction: teary eyed) all at once.

dukedogsmom
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Tears here, too. Finding the rat was bittersweet. I hope Toby leads your parents to the right dog for them soon. Sounds like your dad, especially, needs another companion. They don't take away the hurt but they can make you forget it, if only for a brief time.

cyber-sibes
09-12-2007, 01:30 PM
(((hugs))) Such sweet memories. Of course, dear Toby was standing outside near the fire with you - you just couldn't see him. ;)

jennielynn1970
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Big hugs and thoughts going out to you. Toby was a beautiful girl. I grew up with German Shep. dogs and mixes and just adore them. I hope that your mom and dad find a dog that will fill the void in their hearts left by Toby. They'll know when it when they meet him or her. The pics of Toby with her rubber rat made me grin. She was a special girl.

Hugs to you!

cloverfdx
09-14-2007, 04:56 AM
{{hugs}} On the way for you and your family Angie.

pitc9
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Last night my hubby and I took my parents out to dinner and we were talking about Toby (like we always do) and talking about finding another dog.
And my dad started to say something and got choked up and stopped and said... never mind.
So of course I pushed him to finish what he was going to say.

He said that he misses Toby more than he missed his own father when he passed away. :eek:

Wow Toby, you got into dads heart more than any of us ever could have imagined!!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Les :(

crow_noir
09-14-2007, 11:52 PM

* hugs * across the distance for your Dad.

pitc9
10-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Well Toby, they went and did it!! Mom and Dad adopted a puppy over the weekend!! You did a perfect job picking out a great puppy for them! ;)

They named him Hoover, but I wanted them to name him Willard. (for some reason he looks like a Willard to me :p )

Oh T, it's so nice to see Pop happy and smiling again. He still misses you.
We all will always miss you!!

I love and miss you!

cyber-sibes
10-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Congratulations to Mom & Pop and wishing Hoover a long happy and healthy life! Good job, Toby, and keep an eye on that pup so he stays out ot trouble, ok?

Pawsitive Thinking
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Looks like you've picked a winner there Toby

Animalhouse26
10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Wow, I know I haven't been in this Forum too long, but read up on your posts. And I am sorry you had a loss of someone very special. I Know what it is like to be in that boat, and it STINKS! I had to convince my mom it was time to let our old girl Tasha go. She was 13, and after 6 yrs of leg problems, and not walking.. Steroids just stopped working. She was sooo sad and would eat or Drink anymore. So, we took her to the vet, and she actually Smiled, and tried to move around. I knew she was ready then. She was telling me she was ready to go. And she was going to run after the Hose, and Frisbee for ever.. No more pain!

This was the first... and only time i Have actually seen my hubby cry.. She was only around maybe 6 mo after I met him.

I am soooo Happy your family has found the perfect pup.. I bet he knows he has BIG Paws to fill! And I think he is a Beautiful pup! My heart is with you, and your family. And Toby sounds like a perfect Pal for my Tasha.. Maybe they have met each other over there! Tell Toby to keep a eye on her for me!

pitc9
12-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey Toby... I've been thinking about you a lot lately.
Guess it's because Christmas is coming, and this will be our first Christmas with out you. But I try to be happy about the fact that you and Harley will be together at the bridge this year. I hope you 2 drop by and pay us a visit on Christmas day.

Still miss you like crazy. :(

Love you always....

P.S. Toby, could you please help Buddy Jr. with his potty habits?? He's not catching on to well. :o Thanks T!

dukedogsmom
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I hope you and your family can have a happy Christmas. I know it will be a little lonely. Buddy Jr should be able to give you some happiness, though, along with your two. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.

lvmypets
12-07-2007, 09:07 AM
i am setting here crying has i look at your dog picture. what a bueaty. I am glad that she went peaceful. We lost our two babies within six months. first one died in may and we just lost the second one nov 17 but i know they are with yours has well with the others running and playing. I know in my heart one day they will come running back to us when we get to Heaven.

I know a lot of people don't beleive that animals don't go to Heaven but I do. God made us and he made them has well. I know when they die they go their. I beleive it in my heart and I do belive that one day I will see my sweeties just has you will see yours. Excuse my mistakes my eyes are blurr from the tears

pitc9
04-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey Toby, I wanted to wish you a Happy first birthday at the bridge.
We've had a few very special members of PT join you at the bridge recently, I'm sure they'll all help you celebrate your special day.

Remember the ice cream cakes I used to buy for you for your birthday! :D
Mom and dad thought I was nuts!

I love you and miss you so much T, :( I dream of you often.
I remember the day I sent you to the bridge like it was yesterday, I rememeber every second of it and I always will.

Stop by and visit mom and dad today, dad would love it!
So would Leory! He's gotten used to Buddy Jr., but he's sure no Toby! :p

I hope you have a wonderful day....
I'll miss you forever.

cyber-sibes
04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Happy birthday, dear Toby, hope the angels give you each a Frosty Paws at the RB today! Nuzzle Mr. Shermie for me, ok?

and Toby, add a stop at Angie's while your looking in on folks today, too, ok? ;)