PDA

View Full Version : If I didn't have Bad Luck....

K9karen
06-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd have no luck at all.

First off, thanks everyone for the lovely B-Day wishes.

I was debating mentioning this. I won't go into the horrible details, but at midnight, June 6, I celebrated my BDay in the ER. I am going through a series of rabies shots for a month. Once again, my "bad" hand is pretty severely injured. My hand doc is seeing me Friday for a follow up and hopefullly no surgery again.

There are a few that know what happened. I can't talk about it now. I'm so devastaed and inconsolable that it will take me more years to get over this and I'm still having nightmares about my wrist. I'm trying to celebrate. My brother took off from work and is taking me to a movie and dinner. I'm so physically, mentally and emotionally ill, I hope I don't pass out from being so upset and beside myself.

Maybe I will tell the story at a later date. But yes, as you guessed, it involved another unprovoked dog attack. Imagine, me, a fanatic dog lover. My brother said to give up dogs and take up knitting, stamps or coins! :rolleyes:

Sorry i forgot to do the color..I'm using one hand to type again.

Off to see Shrek 3..maybe I'll have some giggles.

Love you guys..

K

Catty1
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I hope you get some smiles today.

Use HUGE knitting needles for the next nasty dog...same neighbour???

Prayers coming to you for peace and healing!

Alysser
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I am so sorry another dog attacked you, I hope you feel better soon. (((hugs))) and good luck on friday. Enjoy your birthday, Shrek 3 is a ppretty funny movie, and I hope you enjoy yourself and feel better soon.

jackie
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time, I guess one good thing is that it can only get better!

gemini9961
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Karen how devastating. Hope all gets better. Have fun at Shrek.

Husky_mom
06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
sorry to hear about your startoff..... but youŽll have a great day afterall......

shaking and wagging off all the bad luck.........may you have a nice smooth day, sending healing vibes for your hand and emotions......

Hellow
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry that you had to spend your bday in a ER room, but if i was you i would carry around one of your dogs anywhere you go for protection.

Sevaede
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
**HUGS**

I'm sorry you're having such bad luck. :(

dukedogsmom
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey woman. We haven't talked in a while. Sounds like now is a good time to catch up. I'm not a real huggie type person but if you were2 here I'd give you one. We need a hug emoticon. Talk to you soon.

Donnaj4962
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh my... I am so sorry to hear about this! I hope that your brother taking you out helped to take yourmind off of things at least for a while. Hope you are better soon!

joycenalex
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
oh karen......i am a hugger (((HUGHUGHUG))).

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
We love you too - here to help if we can

Karen
06-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Sending you big, comforting hugs, and happier days ahead birthday wishes.

Cinder & Smoke
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
It involved another unprovoked dog attack.

:eek:

I think we otta take up a collection and buy you a Suit of Armor >>>

http://www.knightsedge.com/images/suit-of-armor-6224t.jpg

Or maybe you'd rather have a Stun Gun?

Or a box of Hand Grenades?

Sure hope you get Healed Up and Pain Free - SOON!

BIG {{{Hugs}}}

;)

lizbud
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Oh Karen, I don't know what the heck is going on with the dogs in
your town, but if things don't get better soon, we'll just have to drive
up there & spirit you away to safer climes. :) I am so sorry to hear this
awful news & on your Birthday too. :( Sending big hugs and also sending
hugs from LBaker too. Laurie and I met today in downtown Indy.She told
me to telll you Hi, she's thinking about you too. :)

Logan
06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm going to clarify a little bit for you so you can understand what happened. Karen was driving and a dog ran out in front of her car and she hit it. Of course, she jumped out to try and help the dog and it proceeded to bite her. Obviously, it was frightened and probably hurting. I know Karen will explain more to you all, later, but perhaps this helps a little bit. It is definitely the "condensed" version! :p

I hope you enjoy the movie and your dinner, Karen. Take that deep breath that we talked about and try to relax

Love,
Logan

Catty1
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
oh OWWW! :eek:

I hope both she and the dog are ok!

Cinder & Smoke
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Karen was driving and a dog ran out in front of her car and she hit it.
Of course, she jumped out to try and help the dog and it proceeded to bite her.

I am going through a series of rabies shots for a month.
Once again, my "bad" hand is pretty severely injured.

:confused:

I don't quite understand ...

Did the Injured Dog do a Byte and Run? :eek:
If it Bit and then ran off - did no one know its owner?

If it survived and got treated; quaranteening it for 10 days is usually
allowed before the bite victim needs to begin anti-Rabies shots.

If the dog died :(, then it can be tested for Rabies.

Sure hope the question is resolved before the anti-Rabies shots are needed.

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred

cassiesmom
06-06-2007, 06:56 PM
hugs and prayers !

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
How awful. :( I am so sorry you had to endure this again, karen. (((hugs)))

I hope you're feeling better soon! You certainly don't deserve any of this.

k9krazee
06-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Sending you GIANT HUGS, Karen, and I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Enjoy your movie!

catnapper
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh Karen..... words cannot express my sadness for ytou. Gentle hugs and many prayers for your poor wrist.

slleipnir
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Aww *hugs* I hope thinks get better :)

Logan
06-06-2007, 08:40 PM
The dog was injured, but ran away. She has no idea where it is, which was also upsetting for her.

Here is how she explained it in an email at 2:30 this morning:

... 1 blk from my house, i couldn't stop in time to avoid hitting a
small dog..maybe cockapoo. i pulled right over..the scream was deafening. i
grabbed my purse and ran over to look at the damage. i dropped my 2 ton purse by my leg..the dog crawled over to the curb. i went to grab my purse
strap..forgot i left my cell at home and the dog reached back and bit me on
the left pointer finger. i flagged a car. the guy lent me his cell and gave
me a towel. blood all over. a lady from a house came out of nowhere-did not
recognize the dog description..another lady pulled over and went to look for
the dog as it disappeared. i called 911....

When Karen and I spoke on the phone, earlier today, she said they gave her four injections last night that had to do with preventing Rabies. I'm sure she will give us a better explanation when she settles down a bit. She is exhausted and upset. I hope her evening was relaxing and that she will get good sleep tonight. She needs it.

Logan

ramanth
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh Karen. :( :( I'm so sorry to hear you've been injured again.. and on your birthday too! :(

I hope the dog is okay. You didn't mean to hit it so please don't feel bad.

I hope you enjoyed Shrek 3. *HUGS*

Bengalz
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Healing vibes and warm hugs for you dear lady :) I hope things improve and settle down for you soon. Please don't blame yourself about the little dog - he/she should not have been out alone and unattended. We only have so much control over any outcome - please remember that. That said, I do hope the pupper is found and treated.

Please take care of your self and take as many deep breaths as you need to recover from such a terrible shock.

Major hugs,

Betty

moosmom
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh Karen, No!

I am so sorry this happened. You've been through SO much in the last year. Do NOT blame yourself for hitting the dog. Blame the irresponsible pet owners who allowed this dog to roam. Shame on them!!

BIG ((((((((HUGS))))))))) sweetheart.

wolf_Q
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Karen. :( I hope you will be feeling better soon. It's not your fault, its the fault of people who let their dogs roam...hopefully he was found and is ok. I hope your hand gets feeling better.

mina'smomma
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey sweetie I hope your birthday got better hun. I think you'll have liked Shrek 3. Hubby took me to see it on my b-day (5/15) Keep your chin up hun. Things will look up soon.

Hugs and headbumpies
Renae & Baby, Mina & Kasie

wendysue1853
06-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I am so sorry for your troubles! I know my feelings would be hurt right along with my body part if I was attacked by a dog and I was a real dog person! I love dogs but I know some can be really crappy! Just their nature I guess!

Kfamr
06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Oh Karen, what an upsetting series of events. I'm so very sorry.
Wish there was something I could do, but being so far away, I can't do much. :(

{{{{HUGS}}}}

luvofallhorses
06-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh no! :( I am so sorry. :( I hope you feel better soon! ((((HUGS))))

K9karen
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Thank you all so much! I was afraid to mention the details. I flagged down every car that went by and only 1 guy stopped. He gave me his cell and a towel. I turned around and the dog was gone. it definitely had a broken leg as it was dragging it. There are a lot of small streets off this main highway. I can't imagine where it went so quickly. John looked, the lady looked, the cops said they would look and call me if they found it. Maybe it went under a car. Since the dog couldn't be found, I had to get the rabies shots. One preventive shot which works 100% immediately, 3 boosters, and now a series of 4 more. I opted to get the shots for safety. My heart knew the dog was OK but dying from rabies isn't in my plans any time soon.

I had laid down my purse to look down at the dog. I knew NOT to touch it. But when I grabbed the purse straps, I guess the dog thought I was going to touch it and although up against the curb, reached back quickly and bit me. The doc that did my wrist is seeing me Friday. The ER doc said he saw the tendon. No pain, just very swollen and numb and purple. I soak it 3x a day and wrap the gauze in aloe vera and it helped. No stitches for a dog bit 'cause it closes the possible infection.

I have flashbacks a lot. I know it was an accident but the sound and sight is something I will never forget. I feel sorry for the dog. If my dogs got out, I'd be all over looking. It was around 11pm on a busy street. I feel awful. The only "ha ha" part is that one of the cops recognized my name and address and asked if I was the "Rottie girl" and how my case was going! What a reputation. Maybe I'll never get a ticket now, being so (in)famous.

Shrek was great. I love the animation. Dinner was expensive and wonderful. On the way home, we stopped at a local gas station and the governor of Pa, Ed Rendell was inside. He lives nearby. I thanked him for the new dog laws (BYB) and senior citizen laws (helped my folks) plus we used to go to the same hair salon and I met him when he was district attorney. As soon as I walked up to him to say hi, he said "Wow! Aren't you cute!" Then he introduced me to his cute limo driver! LOL! My brother was laughing in the car. They don't call him "Fast Eddie" for nuthin'. He'll probably be at our Glenside 4th of July parade. So I did have a good laugh!

At home, had my fave Black Forrest Cake. Took pics I hope i remember to post. I also have some belated Klo pics too. Sorry. Plus my brother gave me a HUGE monetary gift. I will admit he loves celebrations. He can be a really great guy.

Phred, I wear a size 6/8 in body armour. Thank you very much.

Sorry to blab on. Hopefully will get sleep tonight.

Have i told you guys how much I love you? Thanks for your phone calls too. I am a hugger and you each get a bear hug.

crow_noir
06-07-2007, 02:46 AM
*HUGS*

Glad to hear that you at least enjoyed the movie. Sometimes the distractions are the only things that help us carry on.

chocolatepuppy
06-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Karen, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I hope you heal quickly. {hugs}

Alysser
06-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I am really glad to hear you had a good day. *hugs* :D

pitc9
06-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Pleeeeease please forgive me Karen for only just now seeing this thread. :(
I've have a few rough days recently.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad your movie and dinner was enjoyable! Hey... Fast Eddie sounds like a great guy!! :D

Rachel
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
[COLOR=Indigo]Took pics I hope i remember to post. .

Oh, don't worry, we will remind you. Did you get a few of you and the gov? :p

Phred, I wear a size 6/8 in body armour.

Had to rub it in, didn't you? :rolleyes:

Catty1
06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh, Karen - you sound in good humour after all this, and I am SO glad you had a great evening!

Did you get the limo driver's phone number? :p

I do hope that dog is found - he could have 'bolted' out and his owner is worrying. But there are others looking after that, you take care of yourself.

LOL! The "Rottie girl"! How is that case going?

HUGS back to you and take care! :)