PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Rear ended in traffic!

Trinityagain
06-06-2007, 07:55 AM
On the way to work yesterday morning we stopped at a red light...the person behind us chose not to. As he got out of his car he said to my husband "I thought you were going to run it." My poor Explorer has a downward facing rear bumper now...not to mention possible frame damage. And I only have a year left to pay on it!!!!!!

No injuries though......

Taz_Zoee
06-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Oh that's not happy. Thank goodness there were no injuries.
I can't believe the guy said - I thought you were going to run it.
What an idiot!!

caseysmom
06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
You may not think now that you are injuried but make sure in a few days that you are okay. Those types of accidents the injury sometimes show up later.

Laura's Babies
06-06-2007, 10:57 AM
caseysmom is right, it may take a few days. I had a friend that was rear ended and 3 days later, she sat down and her legs wouldn't work when she wanted to get up. She was in the hospital for awhile afterwards.. My daughter was also rear ended waiting for traffic to make a left turn. A girl came along and plowed into her at about 55mph. Both girls walked away with no injuries and feeling fine. She ended up having to have 2 surgeries on her shoulder due to that wreck.

Lets HOPE you are alright next week this time!

moosmom
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Speaking as a former Paramedic, Caseysmom is correct. Give yourself 24-48 hours. That's usually when any symptoms will show up.

Sorry about your vehicle. I'm glad no one was seriously injured. Did you call the police??

JazzySteph
06-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Aww, I know how you feel! Some lady ran into my Accord last month running a red light! Thank goodness no one was hurt, but I had to get a new car. Now, I'm all paranoid while driving about getting hit! :eek: I'm sorry about your car! :(

davidpizzica
06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Trinityagain, I totally agree with everyone's advice, the soreness will come in a couple days. When I was broadsided by the jerk running the red light, I just felt a little soreness on my left side at first. It turned out to be three fractured ribs and a partially collapsed lung from him pushing my driver's side door into me!

davidpizzica
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Aww, I know how you feel! Some lady ran into my Accord last month running a red light! Thank goodness no one was hurt, but I had to get a new car. Now, I'm all paranoid while driving about getting hit! :eek: I'm sorry about your car! :(
Me, too! This idiot totalled my poor 2006 Cobalt. Now I have a brand new 2007 Cobalt which I love!

JazzySteph
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh no I'm sorry David especially about your injuries! I was lucky I was hit on the passenger's side and I was on the only one in the car. Glad you like your new car. I got a 07 Corolla which I'm very happy with as long as no one decides to run into me!

davidpizzica
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh no I'm sorry David especially about your injuries! I was lucky I was hit on the passenger's side and I was on the only one in the car. Glad you like your new car. I got a 07 Corolla which I'm very happy with as long as no one decides to run into me!
Now I watch intersections very carefully to see people trying to run red lights.

Trinityagain
06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I hadn't even thought of a new car until someone pointed out to me that if there is frame damage they may total the car....I only have about $2000 left to pay on it.