PDA

View Full Version : New Album

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Here's from our vacation. We were gone from July 3rd through July 9th. We went to this very rustic....VERY RUSTIC, remote hunting cabin that was in the middle of several hundred acres of nothing but woods and a few fields.

We went to an island called Beaver Island. It is about a 4.5 hour car ride to get to where the ferry cruise ship is, and then we board the boat and it's just over 2 hours long.

I have been to this cabin a couple of years ago and it's so lovely. There's no water, the nearest spring well is 6 miles away. There is no electricity. It did have a propane stove and a few propane lights.

Anyway, Graham has gone in the past but this was Kersey's first trip. She surprised me by not running off and staying close to the cabin the whole trip. I didn't know if I could trust her to not run off, but she did really good, and she and Graham both had the times of their lives. They had three things that every dog wants: food, love, and freedom :) They would have been happy if we never, ever left that little cabin. Who cares if we have to drive 14 miles round trip to fill up several 6 gallon jugs every day so we could use it to bathe :) And who cares if that little outhouse was filled with mosquitos who liked to bite our butts whenever we went in there :)

I hope you all enjoy.

Beaver Island Vacation Album (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291626905&code=3152912&mode=invite)

mugsy
07-16-2002, 09:25 PM
What great pictures Leslie. It looks like a good time was had by all. It looks like Mackinaw Island!

Pam
07-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Great pictures Leslie and I do LOVE the first one of Graham!!! It looks like a great time was had by humans and doggies. We rented a small cabin up in the Lake George, NY area one year and had a great time. There was a lake out the back door and it was just so peaceful. We were very appreciative of the modern day comforts when we got home though! hehe!

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
What great pictures Leslie. It looks like a good time was had by all. It looks like Mackinaw Island!

Thanks :) It honestly would have been more fun if the mosquitos and black flies were not so bad. We used up two full cans of Off Deep Woods, two full tubes of Skin So Soft Plus w/ bug repellent, and 2 small tubes of Off Botanicals bug repellent lotion and we were both unable to get any relief from the terrible bugs.

It may be similar to Mackinaw Island, but it's smaller I think and it's not well known yet so there is very little tourists on the island (sofar). There was a big crowd on the 4th, but many people just came over on the boat and spent only the 4th there and then left. Mackinaw Island has heavy tourists, while Beaver Island is still a hidden treasure.

mugsy
07-16-2002, 09:43 PM
Where is it?? By the looks of it it must be on one of the Great Lakes.

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Mugsy, It's an island north of Charlevoix, which is in the tip of the lower peninsula. It's in Lake Michigan. If the map comes out, it is the island with the red star. http://www.emeraldislehotel.com/assets/images/map3.jpg

If you are interested in getting more info let me know. My mom's friend is the one who ownes that cabin and the land where we stay when we go.

mugsy
07-16-2002, 10:08 PM
Now I know where it is!!! Thanks!! I would LOVE to go, but I don't think 15 dogs would be manageable!!

aly
07-16-2002, 11:52 PM
The pictures are great Leslie. Graham and Kersey look so adorable :)

ramanth
07-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Those pics are great Leslie! I love the water dogs and the pics of them in the field. :)

I'll defiantely have to check out camping at Beaver Island. :D

Dixieland Dancer
07-17-2002, 10:34 AM
Looks like a great time was had by all! Thanks for sharing the pictures!! :D

jennifert
07-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Fabulous Pictures Leslie! Beaver Island looks like a great place. I'm glad you all had a wonderful vacation!

AdoreMyDogs
07-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I had fun but the dogs had far more fun. The bugs were unbearable and I am pretty tough when it comes to things like that normally. The dogs had the time of their lives, and even though the bugs were terrible, I plan on going next year. The dogs will be counting down the days I bet :) They were so happy the whole trip.

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-18-2002, 06:22 AM
Looks like you guys had a great time! Boy, I bet Kersey and Graham just loved it out there!

Great pictures.

anna_66
07-18-2002, 08:50 AM
WOW! Those were great pics! It looked like everyone had a wonderful time!

lovemymaltese
07-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Those dogs look so happy. Thanks for posting, I just love looking at pictures.