PDA

View Full Version : Blood in the stool

In_love_with_cats
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello petlovers!

I have a question about about blood in the stool. I have a female cat, she is a tortie and is 5 years old. Ever since she been living in my house. Her stool always been very soft. She is living with two male cats. I have notice for a few days her stool is medium brown, it has little bit of blood in it. It smells awful. Now Sabrina doesn't cover her stool up anymore. It has been happening for more then one day. I am feed in her right now Solid Gold Katz-n-Flocken Dry Cat Food. Her problem still has cleared up. I notice sabrina hasn't been eating that much lately like was before. She had this problem before but it is back again. The reason she was having diarrhea because we we're feeding her from plastic bowls. We stop with the plastic dishes. What causes blood in the cats stool? Should I be concern. I know it isn't normal, the stool should be formed. Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Catty1
06-05-2007, 02:41 PM
It could be coccidia, treated with antibiotics.

You may not need to get HER to the vet right away, but get a sample of her poo in a baggie and take it in for analysis ASAP!

Also, take the food package or the label with you and get their feedback. If you change food, it doesn't have to be expensive.

Randi
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I can't tell you what the reason is, but my cat Fister had blood in is stool too for a period. It was suggested that I changed his diet from Hills C/D to Hills S/D/ mixed with W/D. That seemed to solve the problem. :) However, you better ask your vet before you try anything new.

Good luck!

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I'd also try to bring in a fresh stool sample to your vet or you can bring her in and they can use a loop to get one from her. I hope it's nothing serious. Do you know if she has food allergies at all?

In_love_with_cats
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm not too sure. I know she had this problem before. We we're feeding his from plastic dishes and that was causing the problem. Now she has it back again. Her personality isn't the same and is hiding out more then usual. Doesn't eat the kibbles like she us to.

Catty1
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Vet!

kb2yjx
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I agree with Catty1, get to a vet to rule out coccida or irritable bowel syndrome....

Catlady711
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM
We've been seeing a rash of coccidia for the last week lately. Please do take in a fecal sample to be tested. If the cat is not eating schedule an appointment ASAP to get her to the vet for a check up also. When cat's don't eat that means something is wrong.
Good luck.

Medusa
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah, vet time. My cats just got over a URI and my Yodie Yodie didn't eat for 2 days. To say I was worried was an understatement. It just isn't normal. Take your furkid in to the vet and get it treated and yourself some peace of mind. Good luck.