PDA

View Full Version : Sheena Is Pregnant!!!!! Pics Added

NicoleLJ
06-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hubby is picking her up now from the vet. They just called. And Sheena is definately expecting pups. I am sooooo excited. She is already booked for her x-ray for July 2nd. That will be day 56 of her pregnancy. So hubby will be picking up her puppy food today that she has to be switched too now that it has been confirmed. Ryder and Sheena Pups!! This will be awsome.
Nicole & Sheena (Moms to be)

Husky_mom
06-05-2007, 11:05 AM
less than two months so see the cutie fluffballs of white fur!! canīt wait!!

congrats grandma!!

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Congratulations!! How exciting, you are both pregnant together. :)
I can't wait to see pics of the puppies. :D

CathyBogart
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
How exciting!! Yay Sheena!!

NicoleLJ
06-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks so much. I am going to drive you all nuts with updates. LOL Here is the first one. Sheena is just starting week 5 of her pregnancy. So one of my breeder friends sent me this link the first time we bred Sheena(the one when she had a false pregnancy). It has a lot of great information along with a week by week progress report of what is going on during pregnancy. Here is the link:

http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/medica...html#pregnancy

Here is what it says is going on with Sheena starting today:

Week Five (Days 29-35)

DEVELOPMENT OF THE PUPPIES
Development of toes, whisker buds, and claws
Fetuses look like dogs
Gender can be determined
Eyes (previously open) now close
Fetuses grow from 18 mm - 30 mm
Organogenesis ends -- embryos are now fairly resistant to interference with development

CHANGES IN THE BITCH
Swelling becomes noticeable
Loss of "tuck-up"
Weight will start to increase

CARE OF THE BITCH
Slightly increase amount of food and switch to puppy kibble. If you feed one meal a day, add a small extra meal. If you feed twice a day, slightly increase one of the meals.
Add daily multi-vitamin for dogs
Palpitation no longer possible due to fluids in uterus

TO DO LIST
Nothing special this week

Today I will take some pics of Sheena so you can all see how big she has gotten.
Nicole & Sheena (moms to be)

Riptide
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh this is so exciting! If there's one thing I love the most, it's tiny little Shepherd puppies. When I lived in South Carolina, I used to help out around the kennel for a GSD breeder who was a family friend (and in return he taught me how to handle GSDs in the show ring). The coolest thing was laying down in the middle of the field and having 6-8 pups (sometimes more) curled up around and ontop of me. Ohhh how I love Shepherd puppies!

Sevaede
06-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Eeeeh!:D Congratulations!

Karen
06-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Congratulations, how very exciting! :)

NicoleLJ
06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks so much all. Her due date is just a little over a month away. Not very long at all for all the things we need to do now that the pregnancy has been confirmed. Anyway for those who have been waiting patiently. Here are the pics.

Just so you can more easily see the difference I will show Sheena in 3 different stages. This first one is her normal weight:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/9CE7B80C-B38D-10DE-AB9F02CADB68E181.jpg

Here is Sheena just after she got home from her "visit" with Ryder(the papa)on May 18th:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpzK9zQK.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpF3pOav.jpg

And here is Sheena now. I just took the pics and you can still see the gell they used during the ultrasound wetting her side a bit and her belly. I will be giving her a bath later today to remove it:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpvCJOhb.jpg

This one I think shows her bulge the best
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpzi6G6w.jpg

There you go. Hope you enjoyed them.

Flatcoatluver
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
She is so pretty!! A big congrats to both of you! :)

Alysser
06-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Congratulations to you and Sheena!! :D Can't wait for updates.

cassiesmom
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Nicole, what does dad-dog look like? Is he also white? Sheena is beautiful. I'll bet that her pups will be, too. Congratulations!

ps: I've got noticeable swelling and weight gain today too and I'm not even pregnant :(

NicoleLJ
06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks so much everyone.

You can see a picture of Ryder here:

http://giftofgracekennels.com/id45.html

Underneath his pic is a link to a page I made for him with another picture of him. Yes he is another White Shepherd. LOL These two compliment each other in so many ways that I think the pups will be simply outstanding.

Roxyluvsme13
06-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Ryder is gorgeous, and Sheena is looking great.

Can't wait to meet the little balls of fluff! :D

critter crazy
06-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Pardon the stupid Question, but I know nothing about White Shepards. If mom and dad are both white Shepards, will all the Babies be white shepards?

By the way.....CONGRATS!!!!:D

finn's mom
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
They are both gorgeous!

lute
06-06-2007, 08:39 AM
CONGRATS!!!!! I bet those pups are gonna be ubber cute! I can't wait for more pics of her big o belly and then PUPPIES!!!

NicoleLJ
06-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Pardon the stupid Question, but I know nothing about White Shepards. If mom and dad are both white Shepards, will all the Babies be white shepards?

By the way.....CONGRATS!!!!:D

No question is a stupid question in my opinion. So if you have one ask away and I will try to answer it. The answer is yes. Because both parents are white all the pups will be white.

Thanks so much everyone for your compliments.

Was a very busy day yesterday answering emails and questions and getting paper work ready and so on. I made up my whelping sheet. So that as the puppies are born we can immediately write down time of birth, weight, length, sex and collar color. That way it will be much easier to record everything in a speedy way.

Got the puppy info pack just about done. Got to add a few more things to it first. Hubby is picking up the supplies today to start building the whelping box. So we are on our way. lol

Sheena is doing great. She waddles a bit now, no longer chases Luca around the yard, and is eating more. She will be started on her new Innova Puppy food today. So all is progressing well.

Husky_mom
06-06-2007, 11:33 AM
could it be possible for two white dogs that came from colored parents to give some colored and some white.......or all white??

I mean they came from colored ones so they do have that gene there, could it be a possibility or non at all?.....

NicoleLJ
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
The gene for white is a masking gene. So when you get two dogs that carry it all you get is white. So even with colored parents if both are white shepherds they will all be white pups. As long as the parents of the pups are white the pups will be white.