PDA

View Full Version : Mollie Rose just fell out of my window!!!

moosmom
06-05-2007, 10:22 AM
OMG!!! My heart is racing right now. I was sitting here posting on PT. MooShoo was in his usual spot in the window.

All of a sudden, I heard a commotion between some cats (thought it was MooShoo and Lexi). I looked over and MooShoo was struggling to gain his balance and the screen was pushed out!!! :eek: :eek:

I NEVER ran down 3 flights of stairs in my whole life. I opened the outer door to the building and in comes Mollie Rose, my 13 year old tortie, strutting in the door with this "I meant to do that" look on her face!! I scooped her up, hugged her tightly and started to ball my eyes out!!

What a close call that was! I checked her out from head-to-toe and she seems fine. I'm going to keep an eye on her for a while to make sure nothing is broken (although I'm sure VERY bruised). Then I'm going to go out and buy another kitty hammock (the first one finally gave out trying to accommodate TWO cats!) to put in the window and keep the damn window closed.

Mollie Rose use up one of her nine lives today. Doesn't seem any worse for wear, that's for sure.

The Divine Miss "M" lives on!!!

Catty1
06-05-2007, 10:29 AM
OMG! I am sure glad she is ok. Came in with that Tortietude on her face, did she??? :)

What a scare - I hope YOU are ok!

My sister's cat Froggy(Redpoint) did that years ago in Vancouver...and was hiding outdoors for DAYS. She finally saw where he had run, under a small shed, and parked herself there with a cigarette and a glass of wine to wait. She talked and called - and FINALLY he crept out. She grabbed him and ran to her apartment door, kicking at it and yelling for Mom (who was visiting) to let her in!

Froggy paced around, ate, then threw up. "He's HOME"! was all my sister said.
(She also paid great tribute to my mom, who was willing to go out in the evenings in Vancouver's East End calling out, "Froggy.....Froggy....." :D )

Pawla
06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
So glad that she's okay! Also glad that MooShoo didn't fall out also!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh Miss "M" please don't scare us like that again - there are easier ways to get your own hammock you know

Kirsten
06-05-2007, 10:58 AM
OMG, what a shock that must have been!!! I'm VERY relieved to read that she's okay, and back inside!

A couple of years ago, the same happened to a friend of mine, but that story had a sad ending. Even though she looked for her Bladie night and day, she never found her, and she never knew if she survived the fall.

I'm glad that Mollie Rose is back!

Kirsten

Randi
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh poor girl! :( What is on the ground, cement or grass? I'm glad she seems OK, but you never know about the inside. Perhaps it's good idea to go and have her checked.

Hope she'll be fine!

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
3 stories!! :eek: I am so glad she was not seriously injured. I would probably at least call my vet to see what they suggest. I also would have been crying my eyes out too. Thank goodness everything is okay. :)

shais_mom
06-05-2007, 11:27 AM
wow that's Scary!
glad she's ok!

moosmom
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
The ground at the bottom is grassy, so it probably cushioned her fall. She's sleeping soundly right now.

I'm going to keep an eye on her. If she shows signs of being hurt, I'll rush her to the vet.

Laura's Babies
06-05-2007, 01:46 PM
:eek: OH MY GOD! I would take her to the vet asap to make sure there are no internal injuries.. Are you saying she fell THREE stories???????? :eek:

Even if she is ok, she may not be sore until 2 or 3 days when it had time to really set in so watch her close!! Poor baby!!!!!!

critter crazy
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
What a fright!!!! I would have been bwling as well!! Tell them kitties to never do tat to you ever again!!! I am so glad that the sweet girl is okay!:eek:

catnapper
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh my goodness!! :eek: :eek:

I'm sure she's fine as cats are known to have awesome balance. She probably just thought of it as jumping off a table.

Do one thing for me though.... squeeze all her front toes to make sure she didn't rip out her nails like Pouncer did when he fell off my second story balcony. If it wasn't for tearing his nail out, he would have been 100% fine. He just tried to catch himself beofre the fall. While you're at it, check Moo's nails since you sqaw him regaining his balance.

Zippy
06-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh my gosh. :eek: Thank God Mollie's ok and that Mooshoo didn't fall out.

catmandu
06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
And Thank God that she didnt land on someone or yoou would probably have a lawsuit on your hands. There would be someone yelling whiplash!!
We are glad that Mollys a tough little Cat.

kb2yjx
06-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Our Spunky did the same thing on May 7, 1993!!! Do you have Anderson windows!!!???? Glad Molly is OK!! Do not count the gray hairs that you got from this!!!!

Medusa
06-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Whew! Close call! But cats are like kids; they're made of rubber and cement. Prayers going up that she's not injured.

K & L
06-05-2007, 09:51 PM
OMG I would've had a heart attack. I'm so happy to read everything is OK. Wow what a scare!

moosmom
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
kb2yjx,

Don't worry, that's why I keep L'Oreal hair color around :p . I'm SURE a few have popped up after that fiasco.

Catnapper,

The first thing I did was give her a once over, including all four paws. She seems to be no worse for wear. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on her the next 48 hours just in case.

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2007, 11:58 PM
How scary!!!:eek: I'm so glad to hear that she's fine.:)

caffeitina
06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow! Three stories! I'm happy to hear Molly Rose is OK after her tumble....but it seems as though you might have an amature Stunt Kitty on your hands. Maybe even a Super Kitty.

*insert catchy theme music here*
"Molly Rose the Wonder Cat
She flies around like a fluffy bat.
She seeks out trouble and dismay
And swoops right in to save the day"
*more theme music here*

In this week's episode, we find Molly Rose the Wonder Cat in the Cat Cave with her faithful side-kick, Moo-Shoo. Suddenly...the screen which makes the Cat Cave invisible collapses (could this be the work of the Evil and Villanous Dr. Dogbreath?), revealing the secret hideout of our Cat Superheroes.

"Holy mousetrap, Molly Rose!" yowls Moo-Shoo. "I think the Evil Dr. Dogbreath is onto our secret hideout location! If he finds out where we're our secret hideout is, he could destroy us....and that would be the end to peace and harmony for the Cat World. "

"Never fear, Moo-shoo," meows Molly Rose the Wonder Cat. "I shall get to the bottom of this and put an end to the Evil Dr. Dogbreath once and for all."

With that, Molly Rose the Wonder Cat swoops out the window of the Cat Cave, on her way to save the day.

*Will Molly Rose the Wonder Cat defeat the Evil Dr. Dogbreath?
*Will Moo-Shoo repair the screen that hides the Cat Cave in time--before it is discovered by the world?
*Will the Cat World ever be safe again?

Tune in next week to find out!

And you'll hear Molly Rose the Wonder Cat say: "Meow-meow-meow. Meow-meow. Meow. Meow."

*insert catchy theme music here*
"Molly Rose the Wonder Cat
She flies around like a fluffy bat.
And swoops right in to save the day"
*more theme music here*

Catty1
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Caffeitina - that is BRILLIANT! LOLOLOL!

Have you read the Cat Town post yet? You could write some scripts there I am sure! :)

moosmom
06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Caffeinita,

ROFLMAO!!! You are quite talented. That was great!

Catty1
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM

Don't they ALL? :D

ramanth
06-07-2007, 03:50 PM
EEEk! I'm glad Mollie Rose is okay.

Who was it that fell out of the window in MI? Eli?

Your crew has real bad luck with windows. ;) *HUGS* I hope Mollie continues to be okay. Give them all kisses for me.