PDA

View Full Version : Look What I Did with Playdoh!

Kalei
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I also posted this Cat General because of Bobo, but I thought I'd put it in General too, some people might like the idea:)

Just the other day I asked for a playdoh recipe on a thread, and here is why I wanted it:D I did this once when I was really really young, but unfortunately I lost it, during the years it seems to have dissappeared, so I made a new and better one.

What it is, is a picture frame type thing made of playdoh. I put some pictures in and get my cat to step on it for his pawprints. After a few days the playdoh hardens completely and with the little hole I made near the top, I can hang it on my wall! Anyways here it is, I made it tonight so the playdoh is still soft.

For my beloved Bobo:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4lgo806.jpg

The two little pics in heart shapes is a pic of me and Bobo when I was 4 and he was 1:)

Here's one of the pics of me and Bobo, that was taken just this year:
http://i12.tinypic.com/67sn8g8.jpg

And here is his pawprints:)
http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/145/1450664ecb1e04b405ae5bb33fb7b58d104522.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking, I can't wait till I can hang it up:D

Alysser
06-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Kalei, that is so cute. :D What a nice picture of you and Bobo

catnapper
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Know what I did at Christmas? Take a large cookie cutter then around the paw prints. Press it halfwayt into the playdoh and then pour plaster of paris into the cookie cutter shape. Wait a million hours til the whole concoction is dry them pull the playdoh off the back, Viola! A 3-D impression of your pet's pawprint. I made start shaped ones of Flutter. I never got around to the others though -- they weren't too impressed with making what I deemed "perfect" paw print in playdoh! LOL

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2007, 04:05 AM
What a lovely thing to make! I love those pawprints. :D

The question is though .... did you add peanut butter, and did you eat the trimmings?!!

elizabethann
06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
That is so cute!

I actually have Playdoh on my desk. When I get stressed, I open it up & take a whiff. It brings me back to my childhood & relaxes me.

:)

Kalei
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
That is so cute!

I actually have Playdoh on my desk. When I get stressed, I open it up & take a whiff. It brings me back to my childhood & relaxes me.

:)

Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you like it:D And Catnapper that is a really great idea, so just so I understand more, what is plaster or paris? Did the pawprint come out as a cookie? lol I guess I don't cook that much.

And elizabethann, that is such a great idea. I've never thought of that, but I always love the smell of playdoh too, and I think its because it does bring back your childhood, great idea:)

catnapper
06-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad you like it:D And Catnapper that is a really great idea, so just so I understand more, what is plaster or paris? Did the pawprint come out as a cookie? lol I guess I don't cook that much.

And elizabethann, that is such a great idea. I've never thought of that, but I always love the smell of playdoh too, and I think its because it does bring back your childhood, great idea:)
Plaster of paris is a clay-like substance where you mix this chalky powder with water. It then becomes a thin paste. Once dry it is hard like ceramic. It doesn't need to be heated in a kiln like ceramic. Then you can paint it or leave it white. I can certainly do a step-by-step thread on it. It was a lot of fun making the footprints.

Kirsten
06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow, that is a great idea. :)

I have paw prints of my girls, too, I made them in some kind of clay. I also still have Katz's pawprint, and it is very precious to me.

Kirsten

sirrahbed
06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
That turned out so well :) What a great idea! You are very creative.