PDA

View Full Version : It was a scarey ride!

Laura's Babies
06-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Yesterday, I got a phone call from the park manager where I live asking me to come up to his shop.. I go and this big guy was there in a trap... He hadn't trapped him, it was the only thing he had to put him in... Here is the story... (The kitty is being called "Toby" for now....)

A lady in the park had went out visiting and when she got home and pulled in her driveway, Lewis saw something fall out from under her car. He walked over to investigate and he found this guy! The lady had NO idea he was up under her car or where he came from, she only knew she didn't want a cat! This boy had been fixed and declawed and is VERY healthy looking and I judge in to be between 15 to 20 pounds. He is the friendliest thing, you can pick him up and love on him all you want. He is terrified of the outside so I talked the manager into letting him loose in the shop and keeping him as a "shop" cat until we could find out where he belongs.

Mike got on the phone and called several of the rescue orginazations and checked the newspaper for lost cat ads and he found 2 and called them. This is not the cat those people were looking for. I am thinking about calling the vets around here and see if one of them would scan him to see if he is microchipped since I know he belongs somewhere and someone is looking for him. He is to healthy and loving to be a stray. Here is Toby
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3132.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM3134.jpg

Freedom
06-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Oh Toby, what's your story???

Gladyou and the ranger are taking care of him! A declawed should NEVER be outside, they can't protect themselves well and can't climb a tree to escape danger!

Any chance of you keeping him? A nice big huggable orangie!

Laura's Babies
06-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I am at my limit already and can not take him but I would love to! Amy is so stressed out with Boo here that I couldn't, even if I had the room. While things are going good with Boo now, the stress level is still high due to all the attacking she did when I first introduced her here and the stress is taking a toll on Amy's CH.

Lewis does not want to turn Toby over to the shelter... I think he has fell in love with this one and would keep him himself if we can not locate the owner and make a shop cat out of him as long as he will stay in the shop with the doors open.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-04-2007, 08:58 AM
He sure is a lovely looking cat

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh Toby, you are a beautiful boy. I hope if someone is missing you they can be found so you can be reunited with your family. If not, I hope you can be a shop kitty with Lewis. :D

Randi
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
What a lovely boy, Toby is! :) He looks so much like Fister, except for the white. I hope you can find his family, or the shop owner will keep him.

Best of luck to Toby!

Catty1
06-04-2007, 09:57 AM
What a gorgeous boy! If he winds up as a shop cat, I hope he won't dash out with the doors open, being declawed and all.

Dear Toby - if you are lost, your people must be heartbroken (they BETTER be!).

I would think he crawled under her car at the place she was visiting! He wouldn't do it while she was driving. Could she or you call her friend and find out if the friend knows someone with a big orangie?

Poor Lewis - if Toby finds his home, he'll just have to rescue another! :)

catnapper
06-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Poor Toby certainly does look lost anf freightened. Good for you looking ot find his family, as it certainly seems he's not meant to be lost... his fluffiness would attest to that! :D

PS: Are you sure you haven't found my Allen? Good thing I saw him eating 15 minutes ago or I'd be searching for him right now ;)

momcat
06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
What a beautiful boy! Toby, you look so sweet and friendly I'd love to snuggle with you. Don't worry, there's nothing for you to be scared of. The folks who found you will love you, care for you, and do everything they can to help you find your furever family. They must be missing you a lot!

Grace
06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What a gorgeous boy! If he winds up as a shop cat, I hope he won't dash out with the doors open, being declawed and all.

Dear Toby - if you are lost, your people must be heartbroken (they BETTER be!).

I would think he crawled under her car at the place she was visiting! He wouldn't do it while she was driving. Could she or you call her friend and find out if the friend knows someone with a big orangie?

Poor Lewis - if Toby finds his home, he'll just have to rescue another! :)

I agree with Catty1 - check the place where the woman was visiting. And the scanning for a chip is a given.

rkidsrcats
06-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Toby...Antoinette here!
http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/swiffer1.jpg
I know what you went through - I did the same thing in a Dodge 1-ton.
Ya think ya found a nice comfy warm spot and suddently you are hitching a ride.
I truly hope someone is looking for you right now and you find your home and family soon. Don't be scared now though, you are in good safe hands not matter what.
Annie

Carol Bulger
06-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh my, what a beautiful cat...He has been well taken care of thats for sure, very healthy looking. I bet the owners are upset and wonder where their baby is. I wish yall luck finding out where he belongs. Until then I am sure he will be looked after with lots of love.
Carol Bulger

catmandu
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Michael And Miquelito And The Orange Porch Angels Are Hoping And Praying That Tobys Purrents Wont Give Up And Will Move Heaven And Earth To Find Thier Big Orange Companion.
He Is So Big And Handsome , He Must Be Someones Very Special Friend And We Pray That They Are Reunited.

Medusa
06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh my goodness, Toby's family should be frantic looking for him. If he's declawed and that healthy and friendly, he must belong to someone. We're praying that the come for him NOW.

ramanth
06-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh my!! What a beautiful boy. I hope you find his owners or a new home for him soon.

moosmom
06-04-2007, 05:42 PM
What a handsome boy!!! I hope you find who he belongs to. If not, I hope Lewis will allow him to be the new shop mascot.

phesina
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Hoping Toby finds his way home soon...

AbbyMom
06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Laura

He's so handsome! I hope you find his mommy/daddy.

You might try posting his picture on the following web sites:

Tabby Tracker: http://www.tabbytracker.com/

Lost and Pound: http://www.lostandpound.com/

I've posted several cats on Tabby Tracker and received emails indicating a potential match--nothing worked out, but you never know!

Pat

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2007, 12:17 AM
He sure is a handsome boy.:) I hope that you'll be able to find his owners or that Lewis will end up adopting him. Good luck.:)

Freedom
06-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Shop cat mascot sounds like a fun job, Toby! Ya might just want to consider that? Or maybe he can take you home with him! Don't worry Toby, whatever happens you are in great hands!

catfamily
06-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I wish I lived nearby.I'd take him.
I told Mike a couple weeks ago I wanted another orangie cat for Sunny(Was Harry).
He looks like my Sunny too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/2-7-07harrysunshine.jpg

Kirsten
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Toby is such a beautiful boy, but he looks soo scared!! I wish he could talk and tell you his story! I'm sure that someone is missing him terribly right now! There's such a scary adventure lying behind him, and I'm glad that he's alright. But I hope the owner will soon be found!

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't know how much effort Lewis is going to put into finding Toby's owner. I really get the impression that he wants to keep him and he is a tad distracted since his wife died only 2 weeks ago. I will check tomorrow and see if he has heard anything yet.

Catty1
06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Well...if a family is missing Toby, it's only fair that they should know he is ok.

I bet he could find a great shop cat or two at a shelter!

How sad about his wife...I am sure he is in shock...and if Toby is such a nice boy, that would cheer him a bit.

Medusa
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
How sad for Lewis but there are other cats out there that could use a home. If Toby's family isn't found, he would make a wonderful companion for Lewis. But a real effort needs to be made to find Toby's family, although it doesn't appear that they're making much of an effort themselves to find him. A dilemma. Prayers still going out that Toby finds his home.

Catty1
06-05-2007, 03:28 PM
If Toby is an outdoor cat, it may take a day or two for a family to realize that no one's seen him.

But he seems well looked-after - surely a family like that wouldn't let him be an outside kitty?

Unless he bolted, got scared, and hid under that car....

todd
06-05-2007, 08:53 PM
keep us updated

caffeitina
06-05-2007, 09:08 PM
What a handsome boy that Toby is! I hope you're able to find his owners. If I was his meowme, I'd be missing him dearly. Good luck to you! And good luck to Toby too. Please keep us updated on how things go.

Catty1
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
*bump*

Any updates?

Laura's Babies
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I just got back from checking on "Toby" and that situation... Lewis still has Toby and seems to be in love. He has made no effort to find out where that neighbor had been that day and I posted him on Petfinder lost and found and no responses there either. I am not sure which neighbor came home with him or I would try to catch her and ask where she had been.... Whenever I ask him who it was he says that lady over there and makes no directional movement to indicate where! :rolleyes: I think he wants to keep Toby and don't want the owners found. He keeps the shop doors open all day and Toby don't go near them, he comes up and gets in Lewis's lap and I think he has warmed more than a lap.

Catty1
06-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Awwww.......that is so sweet....if the owners are missing him, they might let him stay with Lewis...

Laura, I hate to be a fink, but could you check the vets and shelters and see if anyone has reported someone like Toby missing?

I remember I went overseas once, and had arranged for a friend to come in and look after my three cats.

I got back 6 months later - this was before email - and my friend's mother was taken ill, so he got over VERY sporadically for a while. Anyway, my two regular cats knew where home was, but the third, Rudy, was new, and after coming home a couple of times, he vanished.

It was a small town - so I drew pics of his B&W face, and posted signs in the laundromat. I said, "If you are keeping him and he is eating all your food, that is fine. I just want to know he is ok!"

The lady called me - she had been angry at me until she saw that pleading sign. And I got to go visit him, after ASSURING her I wouldn't take him. He was happy and spoiled! :)

All I am saying is that if he DID have caring owners, they will want to know! :(

Laura's Babies
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
We are watching the newspapers for ads. If you have a lost or found pet, the ads are free. Someone calls every missing orange cat ad and so far, Toby is to big to be any in the missing ads that have been called.

lvpets2002
06-08-2007, 04:46 PM
;) Awwee this baby is Bigg & Adorable.. Poor Handsome Boy for having such a scrarey ride.. Hope his owner claim him soon.. Good Luck Toby

catfamily
06-08-2007, 09:20 PM
If Lewis LOVES this cat...and this cat LOVES Lewis....then it was meant to be :)
I'm so happy for this union :)

nancys
06-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Toby - it's too bad you can't talk & tell everyone your story. Hope you're reunited with your family soon. :( :)

cassiesmom
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
It sound like Lewis is going to fail as a foster cat daddy ... and Toby has a new pawpie ... he's so handsome! I hope they'll be happy together. Will Lewis take him home at weekends and when the shop is closed?

Laura's Babies
06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Lewis spends a lot of time at the shop, even on week ends. He can sit in there and see people coming and going unseen and that is how he keeps a eye on things in here.

I got a email from one person that had been in a wreck and her cat was with her and dissapeared, it was a orangie. I don't think it is Toby but I gave her Lewis's phone number anyway.

jazzcat
06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
What a handsome boy! Sounds like Toby may have a new home if an owner doesn't show up soon.