PDA

View Full Version : Poor Muskox babies

kuhio98
06-02-2007, 06:04 PM
:( :( :(
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Muskox%20Baby/?action=view&current=BearandMuskoxVideo-May282007.flv

The bears have awoken in Prudhoe Bay and have cubs to feed. Unfortunately these baby muskox make easy prey.

The video was taken a few days ago by a co-worker. It is sad but not bloody -- mostly because he didn't know what the heck he was doing with his camera. He missed a lot of the action messing with it. The video is a little over 2 minutes long.

The muskox are on the left. They have surrounded the babies to protect them. The mama bear is on the right. She charges and the herd runs. The poor babies can't keep up. Rest in peace little ones.

We are not allowed to interfere with the wildlife in any way. If I had been there, I probably would have been fired because I would have wanted to honk my horn to scare the bear away. But then the baby bears would have gone hungry. :(

If the link doesn't work, let me know. I can't remember if I've ever linked a movie before.

Kalei
06-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Poor little babies, sometimes nature can be sad, but its the circle of life. Rest in peace little babies.

Taz_Zoee
06-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I know that is life in the wild, but it still makes me cry. :(

kuhio98
06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
I know that is life in the wild, but it still makes me cry. :(Me too!

kuhio98
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
One of the security guards just told me that the bear hunted down the third muskox baby the very next day. :( :( :(

We still have a lot of snow for June -- so much for global warming.

sirrahbed
06-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I was able to play the video after a few attempts - I don't think I waited long enough at first.

That was interesting but very sad. It reminds me of watching Wild Kingdom when I was young. I was fascinated but always ended up crying. I still do. I am with you Lisa - I would have been so tempted to honk my horn.