PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Hurricane Season Begins!

Kfamr
06-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Today, June 1st, is the beginning of 2007's Hurricane Season and guess what...

It's the first rain we've had in 29 days! :eek:

Please, everyone, be sure you've got plans set and items ready for your family (including pets!) incase you end up in an emergency situation this season.

June 1 marks the official start of the 2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season. NOAA is predicting an above normal season, and is ready to serve hurricane-prone regions before, during and after any storm that threatens.
http://www.noaa.gov/

chocolatepuppy
06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Great reminder Kay. While here in Ohio we don't have hurricanes, we have the dreaded tornados. Last night here in my town we had a trial run. :rolleyes: My preparedness, never mind the weather channel, if it gets windy during a storm, the furkids and I head for the basement. ;)

Kalei
06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Let's hope and pray that the hurricaines this season will not destroy so much and bring so much tragedy.

wendysue1853
06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I live in Central Florida, Hurricane Central.. LOL However, this year, the last storm name given is Wendy! My name! If we get that far this year (stopping at B would be fine with me!), I will promise to be a kinder, gentler hurricane!

Kfamr
06-01-2007, 10:35 PM
We're just about a hour and a half away from you, Wendy, however we're usually safe here in our little town. *knock on wood*

Laura's Babies
06-02-2007, 06:27 AM
I was just telling my son last night we need to get our hurricane supplies and I have had all my babies micro chipped since Katrina.

smokey the elder
06-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Even though I live in New York, I do have supplies because our April Nor'easter mimicked a tropical storm! I was very fortunate not to lose power. Here in the Northeast we have a small probability of just about anything (blizzards, tornados, hurricanes, even earthquakes!) Also I live a mile and a half (about 3 km) from Indian Point nuclear plant! :eek:

pitc9
06-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Even though I live in New York, I do have supplies because our April Nor'easter mimicked a tropical storm! I was very fortunate not to lose power. Here in the Northeast we have a small probability of just about anything (blizzards, tornados, hurricanes, even earthquakes!) Also I live a mile and a half (about 3 km) from Indian Point nuclear plant! :eek:

You and I are in the same boat!!
I'm about 30 miles East of Cleveland.
Earthquakes, blizzards, tornados.. you name it! AND I live 7 miles from a Nuclear plant also!! Perry nuclear plant, right on the shore of Lake Erie.

So we have to be ready to run if the need be too.
You just never know.

I pray this hurricane season is a quite one for those of you in hurricane prone areas.

BitsyNaceyDog
06-02-2007, 08:58 AM
We spent last weekend getting everything ready for hurricane season. Justin's parents came over to help us too. Justin and his dad got the generator ready and they got boards for all the windows. I hope we don't have to use any of it.

In 2004 we lived in a manufactured home and we had to evacuate 3 times. We had to pack all of the animals and head to Justin's parents house. Now we live in a block house so hopefully we won't ever have to evacuate again. We have everything ready in case we do need to though. It's hard enough with the animals, I really hope we don't have to go through any storms now with the baby.

Zippy
06-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I hate hurricane season.Prayers that there are none and that everyone is safe.For the first time in years I don't have to worry about hurricane season.

angelbow20
06-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank god I live in Pa, We never get hurricanes or anything like it here and hopefully we never do! I dont think any one would even be prepared for something like that in the area I live.