PDA

View Full Version : Puppies found in dumpster - happy ending

Taz_Zoee
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I work at a management company that manages homeowners associations. A homeowner just called to report 7 newborn puppies she found in the large community dumpster. She immediately took them to the vet where their body temperatures were brought back up to normal.
The homeowner called the police (this is a misdemeanor in Pleasanton) and they are going to do what they can. In fact, some of the officers and dispatchers may even take the puppies in. They are also going to contact local rescue groups. :)
The vet said the puppies were only a day old and looked to be lab/rott mixes. So the rescuer is on the lookout for a recently pregnant looking dog that fits the description. She is going to knock on doors to ask neighbors if they know anything. She is also going to contact the local news station. So we are hoping they can find the culprits.
I just wanted to share this with my PT family. And I'm going to call the homeowner back next week to see if she knows anything more.

WELOVESPUPPIES
06-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Thank Goodness they were found by someone who cared. Good luck little pups and I hope they find the BIG BAD MEANY who did this to you :mad:

Sevaede
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Whew! Thankfully, indeed, that they were found by a good person! :D

elizabethann
06-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Who could do such a cruel thing?

I'm so glad those puppies were found and are doing well.

pitc9
06-01-2007, 02:46 PM
ONE day old!! :eek:
I pray for their health and that they all make it. Oh my... one flipping day old. Oh the poor sweet innocent things.
Thank goD they were found!

I hope the "person" is found that did this and they pay for what they did.
:mad:

chocolatepuppy
06-01-2007, 03:49 PM
How awful. How could someone live with themselves doing that? :mad: My RB Mandy and her littermates were found in a dumpster, although not that young. I hope and pray the little pups make it and whoever did it is found.

Taz_Zoee
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Ok, so I was telling Bruce about these puppies. And how the police dept people want some of them and the rest are going to rescue. He said, so you want to rescue one of them, is that what you are saying? I said, I wouldn't mind fostering one. He said, fostering is fine. I just about fell off my chair!!! :eek: :eek:
So next week when I call the lady back, I'm going to see what the status is on them and find out if they need fosters or anything. OH BOY!! I'd definitely need PT's help with this one!!! I've bottle fed kittens before, so I sort of know how. Ok, let's not get too excited, when it might not happen. Calm down..... whew. :)

lute
06-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Poor puppies! I'm so glad they were found! I really hope they find whoever did this! Good luck on getting to foster!

K9soul
06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh wow, poor babies! Well you know... if you foster one it's REQUIRED that you take many pictures and show us! :D. I hope it works out, I'd love to see you foster one!

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Poor pups! Glad to hear they're alright now though. It would be great if you could foster one!

Kalei
06-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Those poor innocent little puppies. How could anyone in their right mind ever do such a cruel thing to such a helpless life. I hope they get found and punished the way that will teach them what goodness means. :mad:

I"m so glad the puppies are okay, and that would be so cool if you were to foster one!

Taz_Zoee
06-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, I called the lady who found the puppies this morning and she is not at work today. :( And I do not have a home or cell number for her.
So I just called the police department and the person I spoke to wasn't on duty Friday morning so she knows nothing of it. But if she finds out anything she will call me back. ( I'm not holding my breath on that one)
But I am going to try to call the original lady again tomorrow.
Even if I can't take one in, I'd like to know how they are, or if they found the people who did this.

Freedom
06-04-2007, 05:36 PM
ONE day old!! :eek:
I pray for their health and that they all make it. Oh my... one flipping day old. Oh the poor sweet innocent things.
Thank goD they were found!

I hope the "person" is found that did this and they pay for what they did.
:mad:

Couldn't say it better than this. ONE day old!!

pitc9
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, I called the lady who found the puppies this morning and she is not at work today. :( And I do not have a home or cell number for her.
So I just called the police department and the person I spoke to wasn't on duty Friday morning so she knows nothing of it. But if she finds out anything she will call me back. ( I'm not holding my breath on that one)
But I am going to try to call the original lady again tomorrow.
Even if I can't take one in, I'd like to know how they are, or if they found the people who did this.

Oh I hope someone calls you back and lets you know how they are!!

Taz_Zoee
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Well I tried to call the woman who found them again today. And again, she is not at work! :eek: Apparently, she is having plumbing problems. But the person that answered the phone said she hadn't heard anything more on them as of yesterday, but she was going to call to check on them yesterday afternoon. I guess they are all at the rescue shelter. Hopefully she will give me a call if/when she hears anything. I doubt I'll get a call from the animal control division of the police department though.
So I just feel good in knowing they were found and hopefully they will all live long happy lives. :D I will update again, if I hear anything.