PDA

View Full Version : This is just plain silly!

gini
06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Humor me - it must be my Friday mood.................

But I just ate a cookie. I had it in my hand ready to eat and realized that it was upside down. I couldn't eat it until it was right side up.

Does anyone else do this or am I just strange? (nothing like leaving yourself wide open):D

Well, I warned you - this is just plain silly!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Now, that you mention it, I do that too. I suggest eating Oreo's they have no upside down! :D

Cinder & Smoke
06-01-2007, 01:24 PM
... and realized that it was upside down.
I couldn't eat it until it was right side up.

;)

Glad it wasn't an Oreo!

You'd STILL be flippin it over lookin for the UP side!

:D

Randi
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Gini, only a few hours ago, I had a few cookies I brought back from England (shortbread) and one was upside down - I turned it around just like you. :D Glad I'm not alone. LOL!

kuhio98
06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I flip my hamburger over before I eat it. The sesame seed side has to be on the bottom. Usually I flick off as many of the sesame seeds as possible before flipping it. :confused:

For home, I only buy buns without seeds.

Cinder & Smoke
06-01-2007, 01:38 PM
:eek:

It's all OFF-Center! :mad:

Check your next Whopper Sammich ...
Chances are the "Chef" was in a hurry ... and all the Stuff
is just thrown :mad: on the bun ... all catty-whumpus ... :(

* Unyin hangin out one side,
* Burger patty slippin out over there,
* 'Mater fallin out.
* Lettuce cockeyed,
* Pickles all layin inna KLUMP ...
* :eek:

Gotta Pop da Top an Re-Build frum da Patty UP!

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Surely Miz Gini, you are not suggesting there are people who eat upside down cookies???? I would be shocked if confronted with such behavior. The top is prettier than the bottom so that is what you should see when you eat it.

Now the far more important issue. We know that Randi was eating a shortbread cookie...what kind of cookie were you eating???

Randi
06-01-2007, 01:46 PM
... and we know that Sara thought a Flapjack was some kind of pancake (I believe ;) ), this was the first time I ever had one - and they were made with oatmeal and honey, baked lightly in the oven. Delicious!

Of course!! The reason we turn our cookies etc. around is that we MUST see the pretty side of it! :D

I would definately have the sesam side upwards! ;)

Husky_mom
06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I flip my hamburger over before I eat it. The sesame seed side has to be on the bottom. Usually I flick off as many of the sesame seeds as possible before flipping it. :confused:

For home, I only buy buns without seeds.

OMG!!.....and I thought I was the only one to do that!!.....:D

I´m amazed that I have even this things in common with someone else, I thought I was a weirdo but now I feel good to know someone just as weirdo as I am ;) (I ´ve felt bad at all, and I said this weirdo thing in a good way)

about cookies and all, I don´t eat much but I ALWAYS have to eat it the RIGHT way, whatever I´m eating.......hehe.....

another similar thing is with my wedding rings (engagement/wedding band) , you know, they have this factory made inscriptions like "made in" and how many "kt´s"......I have to have them in a certain spot or I literally feel them ackward and have to take them off and put them on RIGHT.....

Almita
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I think i'm the odd one, I eat my cookies upside down, because the pretty side usually has the best flavor, and i like the good part to touch my tongue so i can taste it :o .

gini
06-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Now the far more important issue. We know that Randi was eating a shortbread cookie...what kind of cookie were you eating???

Oh Sara, you are so nosey!:D :D

If you MUST know - it was a pecan sandie. I have a terrible weakness for those.

And Phred - you made me burst out laughing at the image of me turning the Oreo over and over....................what a dilemma!:p

What amazes me though, is the fact that this thread has had responses from California - Kansas - Ohio - Denmark - Alaska - Mexico and Arizona.

And they are saying this place has changed (on another thread). I don't think so, I think it is just as wonderful as always!

Lady's Human
06-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Phred, you aren't the only one who rebuilds fast food burgers.

I can't stand it when they're all "Catty wumpus" like that.

Freedom
06-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Cookies MUST be right side up.

Burgers too, but for me that means the seed on TOP.

Kfamr
06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Usuaully, my cookies are eaten right-side-up, that's if I have enough time to notice before it's gone!

As far as taking apart burgers, I always do that. Sandwhiches too. Anything that has different layers, they must be organized on top of the bun/bread/etc.

Which is what gets me in trouble at work when I am in the kitchen. According to coworkers, it takes me too long to make a sandwhich because I have to make it "perfect." I can't help it. :o

critter crazy
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
You Cannot eat a cookie Upside down!! Just not right!:D

as far as burgers go, yes you just have to rebuild them!!:D

lizbud
06-01-2007, 04:27 PM
... and we know that Sara thought a Flapjack was some kind of pancake (I believe ;) ), this was the first time I ever had one - and they were made with oatmeal and honey, baked lightly in the oven. Delicious!

Randi, do you mean to say that Flapjacks is NOT another word for
pancakes?? They're the same thing. :)

Gini, I always turn my cookies over too, just never thought about it much.
Doesn't everyone? :D

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I could not possibly eat a cookie/biscuit/cake upside down. I have never re-built a burger though. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Randi, do you mean to say that Flapjacks is NOT another word for
pancakes?? They're the same thing. :)

They are the same thing in my littler corner of the world too!!! ;) :D

Pawsitive Thinking
06-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I could not possibly eat a cookie/biscuit/cake upside down. I have never re-built a burger though. :D

Me neither Kazzie - I can't stand on my head for the life of me :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Thank you!!! Liz, MOFF...for backing me up. Crazy Europeans... ;) ;)

a flapjack, a hotcake, a griddlecake, a silver dollar.....are all the same thing as pancake......

Told ya so Randi! :D :D :D

Kfamr
06-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I've never seen anything else called a flapjack - Randi, what is considered a flapjack there?

flap·jack (flāp'jāk')
n. See pancake.

pan·cake (pān'kāk')
n. A thin cake made of batter that is poured onto a hot greased surface and cooked on both sides until brown. Also called flannel cake, flapjack, griddlecake, hotcake; also called regionally battercake.

Miss Z
06-01-2007, 05:35 PM
A flapjack and a pancake are totally different! :D

A pancake is flat, round and made from milk, flour and eggs. A flapjack is a chunk of oats cooked together in honey or syrup, sometimes you can put raisons and dried fruit in it too.

Pancake

http://recipes.e2bn.net/resources/pancake0001a.jpg
Flapjack

http://www.handmadecake.co.uk/productimages/Product17.jpg

I never knew you called pancakes flapjacks over there, lol. I suppose you learn something new every day!

lizbud
06-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Thank you!!! Liz, MOFF...for backing me up. Crazy Europeans... ;) ;)

Hee hee :D :D

shais_mom
06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
like me
you didn't realize there was a top or a bottom to a cookie!!
;)
it all goes to the same place.......... is what my dad always says...
well - what he says I can't type here - it is a family friendly site.

Anyone else if they get something a bit too uhhhh done (ok burnt) flip it over so that the unburnt side is up -
Like it makes a difference in taste (its still going to taste BURNT! ) but its prettier!!

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Hmmm.

It was probably an Aussie cookie.... ;)

wendysue1853
06-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I never really thought about this ,, but you right, you have to eat a cookie with the pretty side facing up. oreos would b an issue if you were flpping it over and over trying to find the right side to start from, that kinda cracks me up. what i like about this place is we can have silly convos like that that are not necessarily pet related. what a cool place!

slick
06-02-2007, 12:22 AM
a flapjack, a hotcake, a griddlecake, a silver dollar.....are all the same thing as pancake...... Well as far as I'm concerned Sara is right. They are all the same to me!!!! :D :D OMD, this thread is phunny!!!! :D :D

Now I don't eat cookies but I do like a bun with my salad at lunch and I simply cannot eat the bun upside down. Same thing for sammies, burgers and hot dogs. They must be right side up. :rolleyes:

Isn't it great to be silly sometimes??? :p :D :cool:

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2007, 02:45 AM
Anyone else if they get something a bit too uhhhh done (ok burnt) flip it over so that the unburnt side is up - Like it makes a difference in taste (its still going to taste BURNT! ) but its prettier!!
Oh yes, I do that too. :D

The picture Miss Z posted is definitely a flapjack. :p

Sevaede
06-02-2007, 02:54 AM
The cookie has to be flat side down for me. :D You can't really call the ones I make pretty but they sure do taste good. :D

Randi
06-02-2007, 06:23 AM
A flapjack and a pancake are totally different! :D

Flapjack!!
http://www.handmadecake.co.uk/productimages/Product17.jpg

Miss Z, you know what you're talking about! :D The flapjack I got in The Lamb Inn, looked pretty much the same. I had never tried them before, so had to ask what they were though, before I ordered. They're delicious!

Think I'm going to make some tomorrow - if I can find the recipe!

Eating a hot dog is just not possible, unless the right side is up! :p

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Eating a hot dog is just not possible, unless the right side is up! :p

And WHO, pray tell, has the deffynation of the "Right Side" of a HOT Dawg??

NOTE: Hot Dawg BUNS are "hinged" on one side ...
(it's a Real MESS if ya load wunna those sukkers up and the Hinge :eek: breaks!)

Now we have an UPPER Bun, a Hinge, and a LOWER Bun, a Hot Dawg in the center,
and a few tablespoons of Condiments poured, packed, and stuffed 'round da Dawg ...

In sort, about TWO pounds of STUFF crammed into a ONE pound wrapper ...
with half the Stuff oozing & dripping out the open side and both ends.

So ... what's UP onna Hot Dawg??
The TOP Bun or the Gooey Open Side ??? :confused:

And IF you hold it wiffa Gooey Open Side UP ...
(to minimize Stuff fallin out and down all over your front) ...
WHICH Bun is onna Right, and which Bun is onna Left ???

There's TWO possible ways to hold it ...
#1 TOP Bun on the Right
or
#2 TOP Bun on the Left

Now, if you're Slovenly and insist on Top Bun UP ...
you have two more choices of which side to make your mess on ...
#3 Hinge on the Left - Stuff fallin out to your Right
or
#4 Hinge on the Right - Stuff fallin out to your Left

Is there a BOOK on "Dressing and Eatin a Hot Dawg"?

Pam
06-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Gini, what a cute thread. :) I eat my cookies right side up. Don't think at my age I am daring enough to try it another way! :D

Gosh, the whole flapjack thing really makes one think, doesn't it. Should I ever be fortunate enough to travel to England I would probably need to buy a book to help me understand the language! :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Sigh...once again -- UK and US -- two countries separated by a common language....

An American to the rescue (again! ;) ;) ;) )

Here is a photo of a stack of flap jacks....a stack of pancakes...a stack of hotcakes.

http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/recipe/l_R069384.jpg

I am afraid Miss Z, your anemic looking pancake looks more like a flour tortilla to me! :D :D :D

gini
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Yes, Sara, and they are also called griddle cakes. AND I feel the same way about them too - they absolutely HAVE to be right side up to eat properly.:D

Somehow pancakes never look the same on both sides.

slick
06-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I am afraid Miss Z, your anemic looking pancake looks more like a flour tortilla to me! Actually it looks more like a crepe to me!!!

Phred, the bottom half of the hot dog bun is flat the the top half is rounded. The almost blasmaphy is you eat the "dog" with the rounded part on the bottom. :D

Randi
06-02-2007, 10:27 AM
OK, I give up!! :D They seem to have changed the hot dogs since I last had one (as a teenager) - I couldn't find a picture of a decent one. These days, they put all kinds of wierd stuff on.

I know them as a long bun, cut half way through with a sausage stuck in the middle, and loaded with the following: yellow or brown mustard - or both, tomato ketchup, fried crispy onions and finely chopped raw oninions on top.

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Here's a deal for you Randi...next time you come to SoCal....Gini and I will make sure you get a proper hotdog (although that is a difficult thing to get here...much easier in Chicago) and some American-style flapjacks!

Randi
06-02-2007, 10:35 AM
That's a DEAL!!! I'll start packing! :D

And when I get there, I'll bake some REAL flapjacks for you! ;)

Edit* I just found the proof! I inherited these ancient cook books from the guy who was running Charlie's Bar, he had boxes of them.

Here's the ingredients for Mocha Flapjacks!

2 oz. of butter
2 oz. of roughly chopped chocolade (not in the ones I had)
4 oz. rolled oats
2 oz. golden syrup (honey in mine)
2 oz. chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons coffee essence (pretty sure that wasn't in mine)

Miss Z
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I am afraid Miss Z, your anemic looking pancake looks more like a flour tortilla to me! :D :D :D

LOL, doesn't look that appetising, I admit, although I'm sure a bit of lemon juice and sugar would work wonders. It was the best pic I could find of what, to me, is a pancake. The ones you posted are far smaller and thicker than the ones we have over here. When I was searching for pancake pics, the American version came up the most. I'll have to get my mum to make pancakes one day, so I can post a better pic of a real pancake. ;)

Randi, my grandma makes wonderful flapjack, I'm sure we have her recipe somewhere so I'll have a snoop in the kitchen cupboards. She says the trick is too make it not too chunky, otherwise the taste can become a bit monotonous after taking huge bites. She also recommends using golden syrup over honey, but I can't remember her reason for this. She's a pretty good cook (my little brother calls her a chef!) so I presume she knows what she's talking about. :D

Kalei
06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Haha you're not that silly, I have to eat my cookie the right side up too, same with my toast, and even when I eat a chip I have to eat it when the flavoured side touching my tongue first.

lbaker
06-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Hot Dogs are eaten from the side, no top or bottom, who would eat a hot dog from top to bottom or bottom to top? :confused: ~ end of story ;) Hello my darlings! Nice to see everyone!!

Randi
06-02-2007, 11:21 AM
No Laurie, it's eaten from one end to the other!! :D

Thanks, miss Z, I'd love your granny's recipe. :)

lbaker
06-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Right you are Randi, I stand (wobble? slide?) corrected (hmmm, I best stop by Thursdays so I can make sense out of this whole thing) :rolleyes: End to end, OF COURSE!!

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Before I could make your English-style flapjack ( ;) ;) ) I would have to figure out what golden syrup is and what are rolled oats.

Sigh...and I am still trying to find rocket for a recipe from my latest "Hello" magazine.... :D

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2007, 11:46 AM
To complicate things still further, in Scotland we would never call the first photo Miss Z posted a pancake. To me, a pancake is the same as an American pancake, but smaller.

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 11:52 AM
That would be a silver dollar! :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
I thought a small pancake was a "Silver Dollar"? PAN (fry it in the pan) CAKE (puffs up a wee bit). All these years ~ who would have knowed :rolleyes: HAH, Sara... we do occasionally share the same brain :eek: (scary) ;) To further complicate things I thought a "flap jake" was more like a corn fritter type of thing... dear oh dear.. this is as confuzzled as boiling an egg :D

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Hot Dogs are eaten from the side ...

GOOD GRIEF! ... "From the SIDE" ??? :confused:

HOW, pray tell ... like an ear of corn ... wiff TWO HandPaws ???

Ya must look good wiff Mustard, Relish, an Ketchup smeared from Ear to Ear!

:p
:p

Kalei
06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Haha I know I'm completely off topic but does anyone have the recipe to make Playdough? :D

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I thought a small pancake was a "Silver Dollar"? PAN (fry it in the pan) CAKE (puffs up a wee bit).
Well it's hardly likely to be called a "silver dollar" here, is it? But yes, that would be the way you make them. In a heavy based pan, or more particularly, "a gridle". I think Gini mentioned gridle cakes before, but "gridle cakes" aren't pancakes, "gridle cakes" are scones. :D

dear oh dear.. this is as confuzzled as boiling an egg :D
I have never exploded a pancake in my life. Have you? Or Sara?

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Well it's hardly likely to be called a "silver dollar" here, is it?

:D :D Point well taken....and silver pound just doesn't have the same visual... :D :rolleyes: :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Note to self....how can I explode a pancake.....hmmmm...let me work on that... :p :p

RedHedd
06-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Ah this is the Pet Talk I know and love. All of us from around the world discussing earth-shattering problems and coming up with solutions.

For me, eating upside down food is just plain wrong! Hot dogs must be eaten from end to end with the round part of the bun on top. Sesame seed hamburger buns must have the sesame side up or you'll get sesame seeds falling all over the place.

I too rebuild hamburgers.

And I've never seen an Australian flapjack, but they look yummy! The recipe looks good, but what does one do with the ingredients? There were no cooking directions! :p

Kalei
06-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I looooooooooove pancakes! Except mine are never round. Mine are triangle.:D:p

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
What does one do with the ingredients?

There were no cooking directions! :p

COOKING ?? :confused:

OMG!!
Ya gotta *COOK* these things ??

What settings do I use on the Micro-Zapper Box?

/s/ Nuke-It Phred

Randi
06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
To me, a pancake is the same as an American pancake, but smaller.
And a lot thinner!

Ya must look good wiff Mustard, Relish, an Ketchup smeared from Ear to Ear!
Yeah, that's the problem - unless you have a very BIG mouth!! :p

Sara, I trust you won't explode a pancake, you turn them in the air. I used to be quite good at that - in school. My mom wouldn't let me. :rolleyes:

lbaker
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Ketchup on a hotdog :eek: That's like putting ketchup on a bologna sammich!! Yucky poo ~ leave it to a woman from Denmark to rightfully correct a woman from the U.S. of A. how to properly eat a hot dog.. "end to end" of course :o "Exploding Pancakes", great name for a Rock Band :rolleyes: Triangle pancakes? What a concept ~ (how on earth would one do that?) Gini, see what you started! *thank you* ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Ketchup on a hotdog :eek: That's like putting ketchup on a bologna sammich!! Yucky poo
I LOVE ketchup on hotdogs along with mustard and cheese and chili!!! (I put ketchup on scrambled eggs too) ;)

Kalei
06-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes Triangle pancakes lol, I use a sandwich cooker to make my pancakes and it works great, in that case the pancakes are triangles lol:D

shais_mom
06-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Haha I know I'm completely off topic but does anyone have the recipe to make Playdough? :D
hmm
1) go to yahoo.com
2) type in recipe for playdough
3) eyes bug out with results... :eek:
;) :eek:
http://www.mssscrafts.com/crafts/recipes/playdough.htm
if you don't like that one
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu9mBsWFGgVkBQuxXNyoA?p=recipe+for+ playdough&fr=ybr_sbc

my mom used to make a playdough that had peanut butter in it and you could eat it - she was a Kindergarten teacher and made it for her students
so we only got it when she did that!

Kalei
06-02-2007, 01:09 PM
hmm
1) go to yahoo.com
2) type in recipe for playdough
3) eyes bug out with results... :eek:
;) :eek:
http://www.mssscrafts.com/crafts/recipes/playdough.htm
if you don't like that one
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu9mBsWFGgVkBQuxXNyoA?p=recipe+for+ playdough&fr=ybr_sbc

my mom used to make a playdough that had peanut butter in it and you could eat it - she was a Kindergarten teacher

Hey thank you so much! I am going to make playdoh today, first I have to get down to the grocery store lol. Once again, thanks so much the recipes are great!:D

lbaker
06-02-2007, 01:14 PM

shais_mom
06-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey thank you so much! I am going to make playdoh today, first I have to get down to the grocery store lol. Once again, thanks so much the recipes are great!:D
you are welcome -
have fun!

Kfamr
06-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Okay, so last night I made cookies & now I have a craving for hot dogs. Thanks a lot. :p

(I made the chocolate/oatmeal/PB no-bake kind. ;) )

lbaker
06-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Phred, "no-bake" right up your alley ;) *I'm still trying to figure out eatible PlayDoh* :confused: with or without ketchup? :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2007, 01:28 PM
(I made the chocolate/oatmeal/PB no-bake kind. ;) )
oooo, those are my favoritest cookies in the entire world!!! :D

RedHedd
06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Phred, "no-bake" right up your alley ;) *I'm still trying to figure out eatible PlayDoh* :confused: with or without ketchup? :rolleyes:
PlayDoh always was safe to eat, so technically, yes, it is edible. How palatable it would be is another thing, but adding peanut butter sounds like a great idea! Of course, I wouldn't put ketchup on my Playdoh, but on hotdogs - always! :p

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2007, 01:45 PM
My Mom used to make a play-dough that had peanut butter in it and
you could eat it -
she was a Kindergarten teacher

OMG!

Iffin she did that today, she'd wind up in Jail!

Mommy: Hey Johnny, wha'cha do in KindyGarden today?

Johnny: Mrs. M made us eat our Play-Dough!

Mommy: :eek: <dials the Cops> "Arrest that Woman - she's poisoning my kid!"

I prolly ate the Regular Stuff an dint notice the difference! :p

------------------------------

KindyGarden Art Class ...

Turned out to NOT be my best subject ...
Assignment: Color in the B&W outline drawing PER Teacher's "suggested" colors ...

Tree = Brown bark
Robin in Tree = Red & sumpin else
Sky = Blue, please
Grass = Green, thank you

An hour later ... Lemmie see, Johnny ...

MY (Color Blind lil Kid's Version) >>>
Tree = GREEN
Robin = Orange and ???
Sky = Purple
Grass = BROWN

OMG! ... Thou shalt NOT **PI$$ OFF** thy KindyGarden Teacher by screwin up
your "Art Project" .... DO IT OVER, Ya lil Dummie!

It was an HOUR after the GOOD Kids left to go home, and I was on my THIRD Revision
of "Burd In Tree" when she admitted defeat and threw me out!
I toddled home with my half-completed Third Edition (wiffa HUGE RED 'X' on it)
and a Nasty Note to give to Mom and bring back "signed" the next day!
Sumpin 'bout "Total Disregard for Instructions and Bad Attitude!"
:rolleyes:

And believe it or not ... It wasn't till I was a Junior in High School that my
Stage Crew Advisor, Mr. Ramsey, gave me some sage advice ...
"Have your Eye Doctor test you for Color Blindness!"

OMG! How right he was ... Red/Green "deficient" ...
I thought Mr. R was gonna cry!
It was the first year our new School/Community Auditoriun was open, his A#1 Head Boy on the Stage Crew,
Kenny, was a color disaster - Kenny saw Black, White, and Grey ...
and not a smidgen of ANY colors!
Made selecting, cutting, and placing the colored Gelatines for the stage lights
an impossible task for him ... Enter Newbie Johnny ...
Hey Kid ... "Gel" these lights the way the "Lighting Director Kid" has mapped out.

OK, Boss!!
I'd open up the "Gel Cabinet" --- a multi-drawered storage cabinet with
HUNDREDS of differend "shades" of Gelatines - about 3' x 4'.
My job ... "match" a sample colored Gel to the full-sized sheets, and cut the
required number of gels in each color ..., "frame" them, then "Gel the Lights" -
"proper" color in front of a few hundred hanging stage lights ...

I totally screwed up 3 or 4 Shows before I too was "retired" from Gel Duty!
Kenny graduated that year, Mr. R had to put up with my handicap for FOUR Years!

Yup ... I STILL stop for "Flashing YELLOW Lights"!

dogzr#1
06-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh dear gawd, only on pet talk would we talk about eating cookies upside down. I always make sure the cookies are right-side up, with the flat side on the plate and the one with all the *goodies* on top.

Now I'm all confused as to what to call pancakes. I always thought flap jacks were just super skinny pancakes. :confused: Oh well, no need to get all confused about it. They taste good no matter what they're called.

And I thought their was only one way to eat a hot dog. Two buns on the side with a wiener in the middle with all sorts of toppings. Now I'm craving a hot dog...

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Phred I always wonder how any of us know we really see colors the way they are. I mean, all we have is the word of others that what we see as "green" really is green. What if we had mean teachers and what they taught us is really purple but they called it green!!! Maybe it's a mass conspiracy to confuse an entire generation!!! :confused: :D

Lady's Human
06-02-2007, 06:21 PM
I think it best if I stay out of the "exploding pancakes" discussion, right Karen?

(They didn't explode, but they didn't quite fit the normal description of pancakes, either) :p

lbaker
06-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Oh do tell Mz Karen... telling on brudders is phun!!! hee hee hee (exploding pancakes?) :eek:

Lady's Human
06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
:p They weren't exploding, but I just wanted to see how thick I could get them.....

lbaker
06-02-2007, 07:35 PM
oh, well... that certainly explains it :rolleyes: What a family :D

Lady's Human
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Let's just say that it was determined (Through much trial and error) that the maximum practical thickness for a pancake with regular batter is about 3/4 to 1" thick.

Anything fluffier than that and cooking becomes a challenge.

lbaker
06-02-2007, 10:45 PM
A 1" thick pancake? :eek: *erk* To get back to the original subject (where were we anyway?) Do pancakes have a top and bottom? (regular pancakes, not ONE INCH whatevers :rolleyes: ). If you ate a cookie upside down would you have to stand on your head :confused: :p

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Great thread.:) I also have to eat my cookies pretty side up and my hamburgers right side up. I haven't eaten hotdogs in years but now I too have a craving for one.:)
I also thought that pancakes, flapjacks, hotcakes, and griddlecakes all meant the same thing. My favorite pancakes are blueberry pancakes. I make them with fresh blueberries and then put vanilla icecream on top of them instead of syrup. Yummy!!!:D

Catty1
06-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay, so what's a latke? Now we can move into the exotic world of Potato Pancakes! :D

Sevaede
06-03-2007, 03:29 AM
*pokes everyone and then runs off*

Only on PT, right? :D This place rocks.

gini
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
O.K. - haven't had time to check back in on this thread but here I am once again!

Let me be clear - I DO NOT put ketchup on my right side up cookies.

If I were to try to stand on my head to eat "anything" they would surely call the cops.

Phred, I know a commercial photographer who is color blind. But I think he passed kindergarten:D

It is clear to me that we need to organize the very first ever PET TALK PANCAKE COOK-OFF!

Sara, if yours explode, please don't attend:D

Kay, if you are going to keep on making those cookies - you have to make enough to share!!!

And it is my private opinion that the Mayor and her brother haven't shared HALF of the really good stories to come out of their household.;)

Lady's Human
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
PT Pancake cook-off?

What would the rules be?

Judging criteria?

And would Mario and Orc be drafted as judges?

lbaker
06-03-2007, 06:36 PM
RULES? RULES!!! We don't need no stinkin' rules :D

sirrahbed
06-03-2007, 06:42 PM
funny gini!! :D

I never gave that any thought - but I absolutely have to eat my cookies with the right side up!!

Hamburgers must also be right side up - have to think more but I suspect anything with a right and wrong side must be eaten this way. hmmm........biscuits are broken in half and eaten with the browned side *down* :p

Karen
06-03-2007, 07:23 PM
The back story - when we were kids, Lady's Human decided to see "just how fluffy" he could make the pancakes, by adding a bit more and a bit more and a bit more baking soda each time. Some of the results were funnier than others!

gini
06-03-2007, 08:39 PM
PT Pancake cook-off?

What would the rules be?

Judging criteria?

And would Mario and Orc be drafted as judges?

I will get back to you:D

Kfamr
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I was just flipping through channels and one of the News headlines was "California Man wins Hot Dog eating contest."

RICHARD??? Is there something you're not telling us???

Cincy'sMom
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
My thought on the burgers...are cheeseburgers...no condiments on top of the cheese. It is fine if it is afast food burger, but if I assemble it, I want the kethcup and mustnad and pickles under the burger, and the cheese on top.

Same goes for cold meat and cheese sandwhichs.. Cheese goes between 2 meats, or on top, with any mayo or mustard on the bottom. No condiments touching my cheese, please!!!

sandragonfly
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
my teddy pancakes :D
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/20/87/23048720.jpg
(copied off google)

we made a lot like them when I was younger. omg... miss cooking them with my father.. at campings especially!

this thread is just plain silly.. :p

4 Dog Mother
06-04-2007, 09:11 AM
Amy, I never knew you made your sandwiches so weird - that must come from your dad's side of the family! You didn't tell everyone that there is no right side up with an oreo because you take it apart and eat the center and then eat the two sides. hmm, I'm trying to think of some of the other things you do..... oh, eat the chocolate off the Klondike bars and then the ice cream.

Okay, now I have another question, what do you put on your pancakes? Syrup, ice cream, or whippped cream. A long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away (sorry, I just a thing about Star Wars being 30 this year) we were on a vacation in Wisconsin and there was a Swedish restauarant - all 3 kids had to have strawberry pancakes with ice cream on top for breakfast. Nothing like starting you day with 3 kids high on sugar!!! Jasmine - my 3 year old grand daughter prefers whipped cream to syrup on her pancakes.

Randi
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I like honey smeared on my pancakes and rolled up, but I know that a lot of people put jam on, or just sugar. Mine must be hot, so ice cream would ruin that. However, I had some yummy ones (Belgian) with honey, walnuts and whipped cream in a restaurant :p

Here are some ideas from the mentioned restaurant: http://www.aok.dk/infosites/452/3.1.html

Oh, and while you're there, take a look at no. 22 (Saint Malo). That is yummy!

lbaker
06-04-2007, 10:16 AM
My grandparents taught me to lightly sprinkle fresh lemon juice on my pancakes then follow with a dusting of sugar. YUM!!! Now I'm hungry!!

Catty1
06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Syrup, real Maple syrup if I have it - and sugar free jam is surprisingly wonderful!
(Raspberry - yeah!!!) :)

mruffruff
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
I must eat everything with the top on the top.....and I often rebuild burgers!

Latkes are potato pancakes, aren't they? I make mine with raw, grated potato, an equal amount of grated onion, salt & pepper, and enough flour to make a batter. Fried in a pan with a good amount of oil so they don't stick. I like mine with sour cream. Made some last week and froze the extras.

I'd like to try the English version of Flapjacks. How do you cook them?

Kfamr
06-04-2007, 12:47 PM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/English-Flapjack/Detail.aspx

There's a recipe I found. Very easy, few ingredients... I may try it today. I think I'll add some nuts though. Sound just like granola bars to me. ;)

Randi
06-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I think nuts is a good idea, but keep the raisins out! :eek:

Btw, making pancakes, you have to add a little beer to the dough, it's suppose to make them crispier.

Guess what I just baked.... white bread. Why oh why won't they rise the second time!! Here I am with two rather flat breads, but they taste OK. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Ok, does anyone besides me like peanutbutter and jelly on their pancakes? Peanutbutter and syrup is great too!!! :D

lizbud
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, does anyone besides me like peanutbutter and jelly on their pancakes? Peanutbutter and syrup is great too!!! :D

I like my P & J on plain bread. :) Pancakes (still warm) smothered with
Log Cabin maple syrup. Yum Yum. :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-05-2007, 10:19 AM
My sister is visiting from the East Coast. I asked her..."what is a flap jack?" "A pancake of course!" "What do you call a little pancake?" "Silver dollar!"

We did agree a "flap jack" made images of a cowboy cooking on the range over and open fire....something very western.

I like a fried egg on my pancakes....

Kfamr
06-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I didn't make any English Flapjacks, however, I did make cookies.
Enough for al of us to "test" how we eat cookies - Right side up, or upside down? I'll get my camera out for those who want to eat it upside down.

RedHedd
06-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I put PB&J on waffles! Yummy! ;)

Cincy'sMom
06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
We did agree a "flap jack" made images of a cowboy cooking on the range over and open fire....something very western.

Sunday aftrnoon our softabll game got rained out, so a small group of us stopped for a beer. The one woman had just returned from camping with her daughter's gir scout troup and said that morning they were served a Chuck Wagon Breakfast. Her husband asked if they had flapjacks! (They didn't), but I immediately thought of this thread, and laughed to myself.

shais_mom
06-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Sunday aftrnoon our softabll game got rained out, so a small group of us stopped for a beer. The one woman had just returned from camping with her daughter's gir scout troup and said that morning they were served a Chuck Wagon Breakfast. Her husband asked if they had flapjacks! (They didn't), but I immediately thought of this thread, and laughed to myself.
you might be a Pet Talker if........