PDA

View Full Version : Creamsicle is in heat again!

Medusa
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Somebody please shoot me. She seems to know when I've booked her spay because she comes into heat every time! So now I have days of yowling at the top of her lungs to look forward to. And she's extra loud because she's deaf. I thought maybe w/all my furkids better from the URI that I'd finally have some peace. Guess not. So I may as well book Pidge for her teeth cleaning. Someone refresh my memory: what is sleep?

moosmom
06-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Medusa,

Hang in there. A heat only lasts about a week. Hopefully, she won't go into heat again before she's spayed.

Earplugs, my dear, earplugs.

catmandu
06-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I Remember When Karina Would Go Into Heat By The Hotel And Screeeeeam, Tahnk God We Got Her And Her Kittens To Safety.
Sadly She Had Fip And Had To Be Pts , A Sad Momma Cat Who Had To Be Taken From Her Babies.
Hang In There And You Will Have To Grin And Bear It.
If They Are Like The Found Cats They Will Choose The Wrong Moment To Vocalize.

Medusa
06-01-2007, 09:05 PM
I might bear it but I ain't gonna grin. She was just in heat a month ago.

Laura's Babies
06-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Note to self... Rebook spay for 2 weeks from today!

TRY to get some sleep when you can, LOL!

Jessika
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't/can't cats go into heat whenever they feel like it, need to, or want to??

Does your clinic not spay while in heat? If they do I might explore that option since she seems to favor her monthly heats, lol.

kt_luvs_kitties
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Why cant you spay her while in heat? I know they bleed a little more, but I got Hannah and Puff both done while in heat. Also AnnaBelle.( it did cost a little more) But They did just fine. Anyways, Good luck!!! :D

Medusa
06-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Yes, cats come into heat whenever. And no, Dr. Lee won't spay while a cat is in heat. When I first rescued Yodie Yodie, she was to have surgery to have the ear polyp removed and be spayed at the same time but she came into heat and he wouldn't do it. I want to schedule Cgirl for spaying again but now I have to take Pigeon in for her teeth cleaning and to have mats removed from her belly. Sweet girl is 17 now and although she's got the sweetest temperament, when you try to groom her, she bites. She just doesn't want to be messed with. She has such a long coat that usually I have to sit on her (kinda) and cut the mats out. But I can't do it on her belly. So while she's sedated for the teeth cleaning, they're going to shave her belly. THEN, as long as none of the fur posse gets sick, Creamsicle will go in to be spayed. Boy, can that girl hit some high notes!

phesina
06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Here's hoping you can get Creamsicle spayed soon, without too much more caterwauling!

Pat and the gang

Medusa
06-02-2007, 03:39 PM
The only time she's quiet is when she's sleeping. I'm surprised she isn't hoarse by now.

ShylanHal
06-02-2007, 03:45 PM
It's actually really bad sometimes to get the cats spayed while in heat. Not only because they bleed more, and there are several cases of kitties coming out just fine from it, but my friend, Amber, had to spay her cat while in heat because of the same reason, she kept going in every time they rescheduled.

She got really bad repurcussions from that, like she used to be a VERY sweet, lovable girl, and very docile and healthy, and as soon as she was spayed she suddenly undergroomed big areas and over groomed others to the point of bleeding, she's become violent with anyone other than immediate family (she used to be a HUGE people lover) and can't weigh more than like... five pounds or so, which is SKINNY for a cat her size, which is just a tiny bit smaller than Clover.

It messes with their hormones a lot when you spay them while in heat, which is why most vets refuse to do it.

BTW: Hope you can get through it; Clover went into heat before we could spay her (fortunately only once) and while she didn't yowl, she'd whine like a dying mule and pace throughout the entire house and wave her ass in your face while you were sleeping. I know how it is!
Hope your ordeal is over with fast and soon!

Freedom
06-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I have to take Pigeon in for her teeth cleaning and to have mats removed from her belly. Sweet girl is 17 now

Oh Mary, I wouldn't have the teeth cleaning on a 17 year old! The risk with the anesthesia is just too great! My vet won't do non emergency anethsesia on any cat over 10.

As for Creamsicle, Don't TELL her next time it is scheduled. :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
06-03-2007, 12:43 AM
I hope that everything will go well with Creamsicle and that you'll finally be able to get some sleep.:) Luckily I've never experienced any heats before.

I'm also surprised to hear that your vet wants to do a cleaning on your 17 year old cat Pigeon. My Storm is only 11 and my current vet doesn't want to do a teeth cleaning on him even though he has bad gingivitis. He just had one done last year and also had to have a tooth removed. My vet told me to start using C.E.T. oral hygiene rinse a few times a week. I just use q-tips and swab the upper and lower gumline of all of my cats except for Starr since he's still on pred. It's much easier than brushing their teeth and hopefully it will help them.