PDA

View Full Version : Photography Tips, Tricks, and Hints

Sevaede
05-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I was curious and hoping that our ultra-camera/photography savvy members would share some tips, tricks, and hints for using cameras, photography hints, helpful tricks, and anything else! :D

I absolutely adore photography and have considered it for a career (unfortunately, I don't believe our local colleges have the kind of classes I would need). However, my skills are pretty minimal and I would *love* to be able to take pictures that are even a fraction of the quality and awesomeness of some of other very talented members pictures! :D

I have a Canon PowerShot A540. :D

Roxyluvsme13
05-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Macro = Love :)

Kfamr
05-31-2007, 08:14 PM
It's hard to teach someone photography, since it is such a broad subject. What specifically are you wanting to learn to do?

Freedom
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
This is what I know: always try to have some red in the pic.

Animals are better close up (don't know why PT member would want to know THAT!) :rolleyes: :D

Framing the subject is nice. Like with a tree branch, have it down the side of the pic not thorugh the middle.

I have been looking at the Canion powershot, I want, want WANT a digital camera. I'm tired of waiting until I finish my roll of film to see what I have. How long have you had it? Do you like it?

I hope someone with real photo expertise answers, I'll be watching!

Catlady711
05-31-2007, 11:00 PM
The Learning Zone-Taking your camera on the road (http://www.cameraontheroad.com/index.php?cat=8)

This site has hours worth of reading and EXCELLENT photography tips that work with most any camera, def worth reading!

Sevaede
06-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Macro = Love :)

It seems so! :D

Sevaede
06-01-2007, 04:02 AM
It's hard to teach someone photography, since it is such a broad subject. What specifically are you wanting to learn to do?

Oh gosh, really anything! :D I love all types of photography. Plus, I'm willing to try any technique once! hehe! :D

Things in my pics that bug me particularly.. Zoom. I would love to be able to do the flower close ups that some do! Portraits, moving critters and objects, better landscapes, overall quality, etc. I would like to do black and whites and have them clear.

There's so much! I'd love to learn it as much as possible! :D

Sevaede
06-01-2007, 04:15 AM
This is what I know: always try to have some red in the pic.

Animals are better close up (don't know why PT member would want to know THAT!) :rolleyes: :D

Framing the subject is nice. Like with a tree branch, have it down the side of the pic not thorugh the middle.

I have been looking at the Canion powershot, I want, want WANT a digital camera. I'm tired of waiting until I finish my roll of film to see what I have. How long have you had it? Do you like it?

I hope someone with real photo expertise answers, I'll be watching!

Red.. Hmm! Will definitely try it! :D And the framing! :D

I've had my camera since early December of last year. I *LOVE* it! I'm never without it unless I accidentally left it at the house or I have no batteries. :D It has some pretty awesome features too! :D

Sevaede
06-01-2007, 04:15 AM
The Learning Zone-Taking your camera on the road (http://www.cameraontheroad.com/index.php?cat=8)

This site has hours worth of reading and EXCELLENT photography tips that work with most any camera, def worth reading!

Thank you very much! :D

Catlady711
06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you very much! :D

You're welcome :)

I use that site as a refresher before I go on vacations so I can get better pix.

Russian Blue
06-01-2007, 06:44 PM
The best advice I can give is don't be afraid to shoot from different angles and using various light sources. Also, pick up a good photography book that explains all the basics. I really like books by Bryan Peterson.

Also, find a local photography club and join it! That is the best way to learn, with fellow photography nuts. ;)

Kfamr
06-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh gosh, really anything! :D I love all types of photography. Plus, I'm willing to try any technique once! hehe! :D

Things in my pics that bug me particularly.. Zoom. I would love to be able to do the flower close ups that some do! Portraits, moving critters and objects, better landscapes, overall quality, etc. I would like to do black and whites and have them clear.

There's so much! I'd love to learn it as much as possible! :D

A majority of what you listed has to do with the camera. If you don't have a good zoom or macro, flower close ups aren't going to turn out right, etc.

Want to post a few of your photos and what you'd like different about them? Also list what settings you have the camera on when taken, if you remember them.

luckies4me
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
LCC has an awesome course on Photography! You should check into it. :)