PDA

View Full Version : ***{{{ Diarrhea }}}***

Canumeow
05-31-2007, 06:11 PM
What is the "BEST" over the counter medication for very loose bowels???

I have read of the pros and cons of Kaopectate or Pepto-Bismo.

I'm sure that someone here has had some experience with this problem.

Can you PLEASE give me some advise before I go to the vet???

Thank you very much for any and all considerations.

Yes.............. Another sick cat! *sigh*

Canumeow

Thursday - May 31st, 2007
18:10 Hrs CDST

krazyaboutkatz
06-01-2007, 12:45 AM
How old is your cat? Is it indoor only or does it also go outside? If it's very young it could have parasites that are causing this. Coccidia and giardia sp? can cause this. Rice and canned pumpkin can be used to help bind a cats stools but if the cat is very sick it should see a vet. Plain yogurt can also be given to help increase good bacteria.

What kind of food are feeding your cat? Dairy products can sometimes also cause diarrhea. My cat Starr has very bad food allergies and also colitis and he had severe diarrhea for many months. I hope that your cat will feel better soon. Please update us when you can.

Canumeow
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Simba Is 12 Years and 5 Months old. Mainly indoors but I do take him outside on our patio and back yard occasionally so he can have a little grass treat when there are no harmful chemicals present.

He eats both wet & dry cat foods and loves cat treats.

Have you ever used the products that I mentioned at all???

Canumeow

Friday
June 1st, 2007
11:23 CDST

And Thank you for your reply!!!

mrspunkysmom
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Those are human products and I would not give them to a cat or other animal without vet approval. Things that we can eat can be poisonous to animals

Anne

krazyaboutkatz
06-02-2007, 12:46 AM
I think that most Kaopectate's now contain aspirin in them which is deadly to cats. I would take your cat to the vet. You could also bring in a fresh stool sample if you're able to get one. If not then the vet can use an instrument to get a fresh sample from your cat. I hope it's nothing serious. Good luck.