PDA

View Full Version : Two Pets and 3 Water Dishes

KittyGurl
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
I have always had this question on my mind. My cat, Angel, has always been buddies with my old dog, Dallas. They would play together and everything. After Dallas died, all Angel has been doing is drinking her water out of Dallas's water bowl. She never drink's out of hers. Now, Duke never met Dallas or even known her and Duke drinks out of Dallas's bowl too! So we have a cat and a dog and three bowls! I was just wondering why my pets do this? :confused:

Hellow
05-31-2007, 03:36 PM
It is a feeling of remorse because they long for there partner to return. I am being serious while posting this.

KittyGurl
05-31-2007, 03:52 PM
It is a feeling of remorse because they long for there partner to return. I am being serious while posting this.

Really!? I didn't know that. I remember right after Dallas died, we put a picture of her on the fireplace and Angel would always lay by the picture and meow softly like she was actually trying to talk to Dallas.

boris91
06-04-2007, 07:01 AM
OMG when i read that last post about angel meowing as if she were talking my heart sunk!

petpsychologist
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi,
since we will probably never know what is going on inside, we can never know exactly - we are not even able to put ourselves into the position of another human being - I mean really know what another persons knows, really feel what another person feels... so how should we ever do so with a pet who cannot tell us what she wants in our language.
Of course it can be a feeling of remorse, why not!? And out of this it could have happened, that Angel just made a habit of eating out of Dallas's bowl. And maybe Duke just likes to share something with Angel.
Just some thoughts.
Nice greetings from Vienna
Michael