PDA

View Full Version : Sgt. Kills His Own K9

dukedogsmom
05-31-2007, 03:06 AM
I'd like to think there's a special place in hell for this man. And I found a discussion on another forum. I'll post a link to that, as well.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070531/APN/705310538
Sergeant charged with kicking and killing his police dog

The Associated Press
MIAMI
A police sergeant was charged with kicking and killing his police dog during a training exercise last year, authorities said.

Sgt. Allen Cockfield surrendered to authorities Wednesday on charges of animal cruelty and killing a police dog. He posted a $6,000 bond, jail spokeswoman Janell Hall said.

The dog was a 4-year-old German Shepherd named Duke.

Cockfield will now be relieved of duty without pay. He had been on administrative duty with pay since the death last June.

Duke collapsed during a training exercise along with 10 other officers and their dogs, police said. They said no biting or attacking was involved.

Doug Hartman, Cockfield's attorney, said his client is a 26-year veteran police officer and has been in the canine unit for 23 years.

"This dog lived with him. He raised this dog," Hartman said. "He's very upset."

Rob Hickman, the vice president of the North American Police Work Dog Association, said this kind of case was rare.

"This is the first time I've ever heard of anything like that," Hickman told The Miami Herald.

"He's very upset?!?!" Give me a break! He's probably upset he got caught. Here's the link to the forum. It gives a little more info on it.
http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/112247

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 04:08 AM
Ugh.
Stupid beesturd.

I cannot imagine that.

My ? is...Was it one kick?

If it was, this AH deserves whatever he gets.

My second ? is....What the hell were they doing to make a dog collapse?
I can't even think about THAT...

--------

I think that police/k9 units are cruel.

I really hate to hear that a K9 is killed on duty -

I really despise it when the handlers comment about the bravery of the dog and how it saved the lives of other officers....YOU SENT THE DOG IN THERE TO GET KILLED!

The bond between a human and a pet (dog) is extra special. Both depend on each other for safety. Imagine sending your best friend to take on a guy with a gun, pipe or piece of wood?

What an AH.

dukedogsmom
05-31-2007, 05:11 AM
That article on the forum link I posted said Duke was kicked several times :o My ex was a dog trainer in the Army and I shudder to think what those poor animals experienced, just from my own experiences. He was a wanna be cop with a chip on his shoulder the size of a boulder. I hope there's a special place in hell for him, as well. There were other witnesses but they didn't speak up about it. For a cause like that, I'd risk losing my job. I don't understand how they could let that inhuman jerk get away with that.

Ginger's Mom
05-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I am disappointed that one of the other ten officers didn't pull out their gun and shoot the sergeant in an attempt to stop the attack. I have no idea what the quote "He is very upset" means. That is beyond my comprehension.

moosmom
05-31-2007, 07:48 AM
My first thought after seeing my partner (dog or otherwise) collapsed is "What's wrong?? Get this poor dog to the vet!!"

I think he was pissed that he had so many witnesses to the tragedy. I don't care if he was a veteran of the force. He killed his partner, plain and simple. He should do some jail time. Afterall, they consider canine partners members of the force.

May he rot in hell for what he did. :mad: He's very upset. He damn well should be!

pitc9
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
It's sickens me to no end when I hear of anyone hurting an animal let alone killing it but to have this person #1 be an office and #2 to do this to his own K9 that he helped raise and train... omg....
It's true... there IS a special place in hell for people like this.

I too wonder why the other officers didn't have the balls to stop his attack.

:( Oh this is so sad... so sad.

Rest easy K9 Duke. :(

He'll get his one day....

steel
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
alot of cops saw this dirtball beating the dog.they did nothing to stop it.i guess they were scared of the big bad bully cop.may the k9 RIP.

Kalei
05-31-2007, 05:41 PM
sick :(