PDA

View Full Version : Well maybe it was for the best

animal_rescue
05-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I put my 2 weeks in work today. I started this job late last June and was pretty much full time until school started up, then I worked every single weekend and holiday. Well school let's out in 2 weeks and I talked to my manager today about what was happening this summer with my schedule since I didn't want to be working every weekend anymore and was hoping to work during the week and get every other weekend off. She told me she only wanted me working weekends this summer. She really didn't need me during the weekdays since we now have a secretary and added another weekend person to the job(she didn't say this to me FYI I just know this). So I just asked her if it was ok if i just put my 2 weeks in and she said that was fine. So I work this weekend and next weekend and I'm done. I'm very sad and feel like crying but I don't want to give up my weekends anymore, or only make $60 a week. Especially since this is my last summer as a high school student, I kind of want to make this special and focus on my family life now and hope it gets better. I'll still go in and volunteer or whatnot but I really hope I did the right thing by quitting. I'm very sad though and I'll still be looking for a new job but not right away, maybe when school starts up I'll look for something part-time.

Laura's Babies
05-30-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't blame you for not wanting to work every week end but can you live without the money?

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
That really sucks but at least you still get to volunteer. I hate working every weekend too but luckily its only till like 1/2 and only Saturdays but still it's a pain.

animal_rescue
05-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't blame you for not wanting to work every week end but can you live without the money?

Honestly I don't know, I guess I will find out. If not I can get my job back easy, I just don't want it.

animal_rescue
05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
oh wow I totally forgot to add that i want to look into starting my own petsitting/dog walking business. I know it won't be that big and probably not successful this first summer but it's something I really interested in maybe starting a career out of like my own boaring kennel and/or training center.