PDA

View Full Version : I feel awful right now...

Alysser
05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
We have had these chipmunks living in our yard for about 3 years each summer. They have holes all around the yard, and basically live in that lap of luxury. My dad leaves food out for them every morning and they come right out and eat it. We loved watching them, and they were so brave with us. They always let us near them. Well, yesterday we just opened my pool and exactly 5 minutes ago, my dad found 2 of them DEAD in the scimmer. I feel so awful, I wish I would have been home to save them like the many other times we saved them from a watery grave. They were the older ones, the Mom and Dad, so they still have babies. I just hope they don't end up with the same fate.

RIP little chippies. I'm glad you got a good life out of our yard..

I know there was really nothing I could do but I still feel awful. :(

moosmom
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
It isn't your fault. Things like that happen. RIP sweet chippies.

angelbow20
05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Its not your fault, I know how you feel though, Tonight I went to check on the 5 stray kittens we have by my house and in the corner of this old shed where they and there mom live was 2 baby bunnie cuddled up all scared :( I wanted to jump in and grab them but I couldnt really get in without the people who own the shed hearing me and seeing me in their shed. I saw rabbit fur in that area also so my guess is the mother cat already got one of the other babies or the momma bunny I just want to cry but I know its nature I will hopefully go check tomorrow morning and if I can get the baby bunnies out maybe I will let them go in my yard somewhere if they are even alive.