PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #214- Once in a Blue Moon!

RICHARD
05-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Well I think it's appropriate to celebrate that celestial rarity known as a BLUE MOON!

I think that everything should be "blue" or "moon" related this week.

So how's about we start with a Blue Hawaii and Pink Floyd----Dark Side of the Moon, maybe?

So wtihout any further ado!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, I'm still feeling "blue" because I'm still sick. Does that count?

How about some catnip tea for the kids and regular tea with honey and lemon for me? :D

Um, Mario, no need to "moon" me. I feel bad enough without seeing that! :eek:

slick
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Well I'm only feeling blue because MOMO is sick. Richard, get that woman some real spirit to put in her tea!! That will blow all the germs away guaranteed!!!

Is Blue Hawaii a real drink?? I guess I could google it but only have a minute or two on line here then it's back to work. I just hate sharing an office now. Everyone knows what everyone is doing....or maybe that's the point!! :eek: :rolleyes:

One double of something for me please Richard.

Later gators.

Karen
05-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Blueberry tea, of course, will cure what ails ye! Hot or iced, dear? And maybe some blueberry cake - I'm sure blueberries are in season somewhere ...

mike001
05-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Sure are out here....blueberry festival next weekend, serving blueberry pancakes.

cassiesmom
05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Maybe later... if I have one of these right now I will be in big trouble...

BLUE HAWAI'I COCKTAIL from about.com
Harry Yee was a bartender at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and Spa when in 1957 he was asked by a representative of Bols to create a new drink using the company's new Blue Curacao liqueur. The Blue Hawaii was born. There are numerous variations of this recipe, many using Creme de Coconut, but this is the authentic recipe.
INGREDIENTS:
3/4 oz. Light Rum
3/4 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Blue Caracao
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Sweet & Sour Mix
PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients and mix well. If using ice, mix the ingredients in a blender. Serve in a tall glass. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.

Hey, isn't there a beer called Blue Moon?

lbaker
05-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Gini was thinking of the Frank Sinatra version of "Blue Moon" last week but all I could think of was the version by the mice in the movie "Babe" :rolleyes: Then I started remembering the Rock & Roll version by The Marcels back in the 60's "ring-a-ding a-ding-a-dong-dang... Blue Moon" :o :eek: What ever else we do put something on the jukebox before I drive everyone NUTZ!!! I'll pour the tea, I'll get the muffins out of the oven... just put something else on the music box :rolleyes:

Randi
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
"Dark side of the Moon"... what a brilliant idea!! It's one my favourites. A Blue Hawaii sounds good too, and it's looks so pretty. :)

MOFF, take the chance for this once and pour some spirits into your drink, that'll make you feel a lot better, and it'll taste great. ;)

Slick, it's just too bad that you have to share an office, but I could suggest a few things to get rid of the others. :D

Karen, I think the first place we'll see blueberries will be in Sweden.

Cheers everyone... hope my tongue won't go blue. :eek:

slick
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Oh CM, that drink sounds absolutely wonderful. Richard, I'll take one of them for the road please. Will it give me a blue tongue?

Twisted Sister, how about you and me setting up the Karaoke machine and we can sing Blue Moon. Mario and do the dang-a-dang part. :)

Oh stop mooning everyone Mario. :rolleyes:

**waves** Hi Randi!!! I've already tried eating chili for lunch but they stuck around.... :eek:

Killearn Kitties
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello everyone! I'll take a Blue Moon please, followed by a blueberry tea before I go to bed. I see Randi's favourite album is on the juke box - also a difficult one to tap dance to, don't you think? :D

lbaker
05-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Well TS, Chili today and hot tamale? Sounds like a weather forecast - arr arr arr - OK OK, I'll say it first *GROAN* Hi KK, hi Randi!!! If you stop throwing fruit at me Twisted One I'll wave to you too!!! :p

slick
05-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Well TS, Chili today and hot tamale? Sounds like a weather forecast - arr arr arr - OK OK, I'll say it first *GROAN* Hi KK, hi Randi!!! If you stop throwing fruit at me Twisted One I'll wave to you too!!! :p Twisted??? Heck, I ain't half as twisted as you!!! :p :D

We are on a heat wave up here so a nice ice cold beer in a frosty glass will do the trick right now. Speaking about tricks, anyone know any magic???

Lady's Human
05-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Magic?

I know some magic!

Watch me make all the Bailey's disappear!

lizbud
05-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Gini was thinking of the Frank Sinatra version of "Blue Moon" last week but all I could think of was the version by the mice in the movie "Babe" :rolleyes: Then I started remembering the Rock & Roll version by The Marcels back in the 60's "ring-a-ding a-ding-a-dong-dang... Blue Moon" :o :eek: What ever else we do put something on the jukebox before I drive everyone NUTZ!!! I'll pour the tea, I'll get the muffins out of the oven... just put something else on the music box :rolleyes:

I always loved that song. :)

Artist: Sha-Na-Na
Song: Blue Moon Lyrics

Blue moon, you saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for someone
I really could care for
And then suddenly appeared before me,
the only one my arms could ever hold
I heard somebody whisper 'please adore me'
But when I looked, that moon had turned to gold -
oh oh oh Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own
Without a love of my own (Blue moon)

RedHedd
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Sha-Na-Na-Na; Sha-Na-Na-Na-Na, Dang! That's hard to type and I haven't even had a blue Hawaii yet! Oh no! How did Mario's "moon" get blue? :eek:

I'll take a muffin and run off .... to do a mani and pedi. Fun!

lbaker
05-30-2007, 08:24 PM
ohhh, a Mani & a Pedi... lucky you!! hey Twist & Gini, we may have scared RICHARD off behind the bar, nah... never happen ~ Paybacks are "bummer, dude" so let's watch each others backs tonight!!

Magic trick question - What invention lets people walk through walls?

DOORS

OH DEAR ME!! listen to the *groans* even from the L&F :eek:

gini
05-31-2007, 12:31 AM
I was driving over here to the bar - and before I could turn the corner I could hear the racket!

Lordy you guys are loud.

Ya know, I have always had a policy that I will NEVER drink anything blue - in a cocktail. Now blueberry tea is different stuff. But I have always thought tidy-bowl in a drink was disgusting.

Richard - come on out from behind the bar - we won't make any more "new" paper jokes about you - honest (snicker, snicker, snicker)

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 03:23 AM
:eek:

Um, Mario, no need to "moon" me. I feel bad enough without seeing that! :eek:

What? A little monkey arse don't make you laugh?
Tea and honey?

DONE!

Slick,
When have I ever steered you wrong?

Double BH? ...and a beer! What is a heatwave to you Canucks?

DONE!

KK,
One BM and a tea...and a tap for your dance!

DONE!

Karen,
No wonder I see Mario watching your every move...

blueberries!

I'll serve! DONE!

Hi Mike....

Blueberry festival? Great Idea!

DONE!

CM,
Thanks for the research!

Blue beer? Hmmmmmmmmm

DONE? :D

Randi,
Having been to see a couple of Floyd concerts, a blue tongue wouldn't be shocking! :D

DONE!

LB,

Here's a Don Henley song!

Talking to the moon...

When the hot September sun down in Texas
Sucked the streams bone dry
Turned to roads to dust
In the sleepy little towns down in Texas,
the shades are all pulled down;
the streets are all rolled up.
And the only thing that breaks the silence
Are the trucks a-passin' by
Late at night on the front porch swing
You can hear their mournful sigh
And the lonesome whippoorwill cries to the stars above
He was callin' out for his lady love
She's been gone so long

I was just talkin' to the moon
Hopin' someday soon that I'd be over
The memory of you-too hard to hold

And the wind across the plains
Is all that now remains
And the night shakes loose the names
But they never quite go back the way they came

So, good-bye rodeo
It's a long, funny way for men to go
Never change
Never change at all

Hopin' someday soon that I'd be over
The memory of you- too hard to hold on

Hopin' someday soon that I'd be over the
Memory of you

Done!

LH,

Disappearing Bailey's?

All you want, now that you don't have to drive!
DONE!

Liz,
I'll do the bass if you sing...

DONE!

Redd,

Got it...Muffin and some baby wipes for the Blue Moon!

DONE!

Gini,

I'll fix you a slushy then...

Tidy Bowl drink? LOL That is a PT quandry...

Don't drink out of the bowl!

It's "new" to me!

DONE!

smokey the elder
05-31-2007, 06:42 AM
I think there's a Grateful Dead song called "Standing on the Moon". Too early for blue stuff; I'll have some coffee to go with the blueberry pancakes I'm making.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Will hum "Moon River " while sipping on a Blue Hawaii...........

or "Walking on the Moon"............

Karen
05-31-2007, 12:05 PM
I was at a local ice cream place last night, and they have blueberry ice cream! I didn't get it, because I'd have to look upthe ingredients list first, given my odd food allergies, but I did think of this thread!

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I think there's a Grateful Dead song called "Standing on the Moon". Too early for blue stuff; I'll have some coffee to go with the blueberry pancakes I'm making.

How's a bout a late birthday coffee?

DONE!

BM.

Some Blu Hawaii while you take giant steps, walking on the moon!

DONE!

Karen,

Here's a triple scoop with all the fixings!
\
DONE?

gini
05-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Karen, I have to share that our Trader Joe's has a delicious ice cream.

It only comes in four flavors - coffee - chocolate - french vanilla and BLUEBERRY.

I bought the blueberry and I discovered that it disappeared so rapidly I knew that I hadn't better buy any more or I would look like two scoops!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!!!
I'm feeling better today!!!! FINALLY!!!

Must be all the well wishes and monkey hugs finally kicked in!!! :D

I do ask for a moment of silence for my car though. Saturday will be the first anniversary of its "death". Poor thing still sitting in my drive way, hoping I'll get it fixed. I'll go put a flower on it this weekend in memory of its service above and beyond the call of duty getting me moved before it croaked!!!

Drinks on me in its honor today!!! :D

RedHedd
05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
(_|_) How'z that for a Blue Moon? :D :p

gini
05-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Very funny!

slick
05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone! Just stopping in for a minute before going back into my conference. Having a good time here in lovely downtown Vancouver. It's a beautiful day....anyone want to come over and play?

Momo, so glad that you are feeling better and I'll say a silent prayer for your car. May she rest in peace until revived again. When the time comes, we should celebrate. "She has risen!" LOL

So I'll take one cold beer to take in to the next meeting please. In a frosty glass with a blue paper brolly OK???

See you all later.
xoxoxoxo

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM

LOL, Just wait until the mayor sees that! She may yank our license!

MOFF, A moment for your car....

DONE!

Gini,

You aren't supposed to wat the whole thing in one sitting.....come on, share?

DONE!

LOL,

I just cooked up some potatoes for a salad, I tossed in some eggs to cook after I turned the fire off and thought about the "how to boil an egg" thread...time to relive that one.

----------------------

My BLUE story.

Day before yesterday I saw and blue jay atacking a crow in the back yard.
Since I am not fond of crows I laughed and went about my business.

Later I thought about it and found the problem I have been having with sleep recently

For the last three nights that Effing Jay sings from about 12 midnight to ?????, I am sooooooo tired....it was kinda nice the first night...

He is nesting in a tree about 3-4 houses down.....(as I type this I can hear him....) So, IF I CAN HEAR HIM, I wonder what the people under the tree are thinking!

:rolleyes: :D :eek:

God, I wanted a sign to remind me of the "Thrusday Blue Light Special" but not at the expense of my sleep!

cassiesmom
05-31-2007, 05:29 PM

Laughing so hard I'm crying! Thanks, RH! Barkeep, as long as I've dropped by - could I please have iced tea with lemon. In a blue glass would be groovy. Richard, I'll gladly take your noisy blue jay if you'll accept my choir of cicadas in return. They start performing every morning around 4 AM.

lbaker
05-31-2007, 06:53 PM
There was a question in the morning paper in the "Metro" section just today asking what kind of bird wakes up in the middle of night and sings instead of eats like every other sane creature upon waking?" Now I have an answer BLUE JAYS. We have plenty of them. The worst are the cat birds! They dive bomb everything, people, cats, dogs....

"How to boil an egg"... ah yes, I remember it well :D

slick
05-31-2007, 08:56 PM
Stop the presses!!!!!!!!!

I was taking a cab back to the office from the hotel downtown when all hell broke loose. It was a very busy part of downtown. First there was one cop on the motobike, then two more, then more, then more....sirens were blaring and all traffic came to dead stop. We figured that there must have been a bad accident or something when out of the blue comes this limo surrounded by a motorcade and it drove right past the cab in the opposite directlon. I looked inside but of course you can't see anything.

I was an arm's length away from a celebertee and near as I can figure it was either Sting who performed in town last night (maybe tonight too but not sure) or AAAUUUUUUNNNNOOOLD who is also in town and met with the Vancouver Mayor today about greenhouse gas emissions.

**sigh** That's about as close to a celebertee as I'll ever get. Unless I make another trip down to LA and cruise the strip..... ;)

One double BM for the road please as I'm heading home now Have a good night everyone. :)

joycenalex
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]For the last three nights that Effing Jay sings from about 12 midnight to ?????, I am sooooooo tired....it was kinda nice the first night...

He is nesting in a tree about 3-4 houses down.....(as I type this I can hear him....) So, IF I CAN HEAR HIM, I wonder what the people under the tree are thinking!

they are working up the nerve to ask to borrow the Edster :)~ :p
may i have a double blue moon please. my ex just spent an hour deeply annoying me, and reminding me why we are way way over.

RedHedd
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Slick! You have Sting AND Arnold? I'm jealous, but only at the Sting part; Arnold is our governator :rolleyes: One of the best concerts I've ever gone to was Sting and Annie Lennox on my 50-something birthday a few years ago. Sting and I are the same age and share the same birthday, so I got to sing Happy Birthday to him!

slick
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Some more excitment. I just can't stand it.

My work parking is underground. I drive up to the gate, it opened and what did I see in the laneway??? More cops. Lots and lots of cops. There was yellow tape along the driveway right across the lane from my work. Seems earlier today a dead body was found in a car in that parking lot. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, life in the big city. Who wants to visit???

One double BM please. I've seen enough blue uniforms to last me a lifetime. :D

RH: I've never been a fan of Sting or your Governator but still it was nice to at least know that I was that close to someone of "fame". :D

Karen
05-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Yikes, gee Slick, hope tomorrow is more peaceful and less policefull for you!
Oh, blueberry ice cream at Trader Joe's? I'll have to check that out - grocery store ice cream has ingredient lists that are checkable - not so the local ice cream place that is always mobbed and staffed with this season's teenagers!

Oggyflute
06-01-2007, 03:07 AM
G'day All,
Ok so a 'Blue Moon' is called after the second full moon of a month. Sooo I guess that means I should probably have two of those 'Blue Moon' cocktails. In accordance with the second sighting of our celestial piece of rock. As opposed to actually having 'once in a blue moon', where clearly the architect of this beverage was clearly advocating a celebration of two, well maybe a few. (Personally I can't see that having just two of these will in any way curb a desire to have more :D ) I hope that I was at least a little clear. :confused: I did try to be consise, and it does happen. Once in a blue moon would be my guess.
Cheers everyone. :D

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2007, 03:20 AM
I hope that I was at least a little clear. :confused:
Nope. Not even close. How many of those have you had already? :D

Must be Friday night with you already. Are you doing the barby for us today. Huh? Huh?

davidpizzica
06-01-2007, 03:45 AM
RICHARD, I'll have a blue hawaii before I have to go to work. I'm proud of the fact that the Marcells, who recorded the original Blue Moon, is a group from Pittsburgh! Also, has anyone remember the song, "Allegheny Moon"? (keep shining. . .)

Oggyflute
06-01-2007, 03:54 AM
[QUOTE=Oggyflute]I hope that I was at least a little clear. :confused:/QUOTE]
Nope. Not even close. How many of those have you had already? :D

Must be Friday night with you already. Are you doing the barby for us today. Huh? Huh?
Well, yes, actually it is friday night. :D Of course being that marvellous time of the week, and actually having no work to do tonight, I saw it as just cause to 'knock the top of a couple' :D But a barby? :eek: It's 5deg C outside. The fires on and it's bangers & mash, with a cuddle up to a cheeky bottle of muscat. :D
I did have a flash on inspiration, and contemplated doing 'toad in the hole', but in the end decided a quick pan fry will suffice. (it was that bottle calling to me you see. Have to get dinner over quickly :D )

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2007, 04:21 AM
OK, bangers and mash will do. It's not really that warm today here either. I saw you being insulting about haggis on another thread. It's just not on, you know. :D

David, I have heard Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shining .... , but I'm not sure about that one you're singing.

Randi
06-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi everyone! I need to celebrate.... THE SCAFFOLD Is DOWN!! :D Oh, you should have seen Fister's eyes when they were walking around outside the windows. :eek:

One more of these pretty drinks for me, please! :)

Oggyflute
06-01-2007, 05:52 AM
OK, bangers and mash will do. It's not really that warm today here either. I saw you being insulting about haggis on another thread. It's just not on, you know. :D

:D I have tried haggis, but I'm afraid I'm no braveheart when it comes to eating it. Now a heart stew I can enjoy, liver with a thick bacon & onion gravy, is just to die for, but haggis no. Brains I just can't seem to get around, & kidney is definitely out. Tripe is just off the menu, and if I can just mention again that haggis, is I'm afraid out. It seems the only tummy I liked stuffed is my own. :)
However, I'm an enormous fan of that other most famous Scottish beverage. Royal Salute from Chivas, is just the ants pants. ;)

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
... but oatmeal is very very good for you!

Woohoo! Drinks all round, Randi's scafolding is down. That must have been a bit of a shock for poor Mister Fister, seeing people walking by his windows. :D

lbaker
06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
um, oh Twisted Sister... I just have to ask. Just what were you doing in a downtown hotel in the middle of the afternoon :eek: ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, I have the perfect band to listen to.The Moody Blues, one year at a concert one of the local ice cream places was serving Moody Blues ice cream at the concert, but for the life of me I can't remember which company it was. Who's up for some "Nights in White Satin"?

Nights in white satin never reaching the end
Letters I've written never meaning to send
Beauty I'd always missed with these eyes before
Just what the truth is I can't say any more
Cause I love you
Yes I love you
Oh how I love you
Gazing at pepple some hand in hand
Just what I'm going through they can't understand
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend
Just what you want to be you'll be in the end
And I love you
Yes I love you
Oh how I love you, oh

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?

davidpizzica
06-01-2007, 09:20 AM

David, I have heard Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shining .... , but I'm not sure about that one you're singing.
KK, Allegheny moon was a popular song in the mid 1950s and was a very big hit for Patti Page. The reason I remember it is because it was named after one of the three rivers in Pittsburgh. I live a half a mile fronm the Allegheny river!

lbaker
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
LOH, I really like the Moody Blues!! I know some don't (too "white bread"?) but I have almost every album of theirs. (there I go dating myself again, "album" :rolleyes: ). Bangers and mash and haggis for breakfast *turns green* no but thanks anyway ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I know, I still use the word "album" too. My Dad introduced me to the Moody Blues, that and Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin were what I listened to growing up. My Dad actually camped out for tickets to take me and my brother and sister to see Pink Floyd during their "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour and I took him to see them during Division Bell it was really cool. And of course, we've seen Moody Blues together.

Randi
06-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Aww, "Nights in white satin" can almost make me cry - it's just such a ??? song!

Pink Floyd... I was a fan immediately when I first heard them, I think it was "The piper at the gates of dawn", and I was probably 17. Oh, I wish I had known John back then, they came to visit in his Studio to have their pictures taken - when Syd Barrett was with them.

I still have the negatives, and also some old prints. Perhaps I'll scan them in if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Anyway, Fister has alreaday got used to the missing scaffold, and I have a much better view. :)

Drinks on me!

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I was on Olvera Street in downtown LA this week...a tour of where LA began. Big crowd around the window of one of the Mexican restaurants...tv cameras...all kinds of excitement... So I went over and asked who was in there..."A wrestler" was the thrilled answer....

Pass.....another margarita please...

lbaker
06-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Gee whiz Sara, it might have been Jessie "The Body" Ventura and he might have autographed your forehead or something if you had asked nicely :rolleyes: :p

cassiesmom
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Barkeep, what are you pouring? I am having a full-moon kind of day!

RedHedd
06-01-2007, 12:43 PM
OK, we were having a somewhat heated discussion at work today on the origin of Blue Moon, so we went to that venerable old source - Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

More than you ever wanted or needed to know .... :p

lvpets2002
06-01-2007, 12:50 PM
:) Oh Karen the BlueBerries are in season here now.. I must say how good they are right off the vine.. Richard how about a BlueBerry LIT & some cake please.. Oh my just look at Mario's purple Butt.. :p When Richard stated Blue Moon = he did not mean for you to Moon the BlueBerries & sit on them Mario.. :rolleyes: :D
Blueberry tea, of course, will cure what ails ye! Hot or iced, dear? And maybe some blueberry cake - I'm sure blueberries are in season somewhere ...

gini
06-01-2007, 12:57 PM
RH - have you just invented a new drink for Thursdays? HOT BLUE MOON?

Heated discussion here at Thursdays can only mean one thing...........a hot drink is being passed around.

smokey the elder
06-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Hmm...I wonder how it would taste if you mixed crushed blueberries with a mojito? Anyone want to join me in an experiment? :p :D

davidpizzica
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Hmm...I wonder how it would taste if you mixed crushed blueberries with a mojito? Anyone want to join me in an experiment? :p :D
Sounds interesting! I'll have one with you!

Lady's Human
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm game!

lvpets2002
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
;) Ok Mario & I will have one each please..
Sounds interesting! I'll have one with you!

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Where are these experimental mojitos???

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Where are these experimental mojitos???

I'll trade you an EM for an answer?

I saw a program where the host was eating cockles and whelks, neeps and tatties and something called "lever bread"?

DONE?

I have a family emergency, nothing super urgent and will be back to fill drink orders!

Lady's Human
06-01-2007, 05:35 PM
here you go, KK. One EM complete with blueberries!

Moody Blues on the juke box, and ...

Mario! That's not a football! It's a Haggis! Put that back!

lbaker
06-01-2007, 06:22 PM
This has to be one of the straaaangest menus we have offered at Thursdays :eek: I have no idea what half this stuff is but BRING ER ON ~ I've been known to try anything once. That's how I happened upon sushi, allimagator and some other stuff I can't remember the names of but now I eat just about anything! (except poison anchovies :rolleyes: ) Cook almost anything with garlic and butter and I'll try it! Take er easy RICHARD, we will be here, always...

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 07:33 PM
IT's called Laverbread!

LOL, I'll let everyone ponder that one!

LH, You can stand down now!

Relax. I'll pour!

LP2, David and STE... Refills? DONE!

G ini.... One HBM!

DONE!

CM,

Blue Hawaii's!

DONE!

ES,

What? You didn't get an autograph? LOL , you should know that in Mexico the wrestler has just as much, if not more, camera time than politicos and spoiled teen actresses!

One slushie? DONE!

Randi,

Good work with the PF trivia!

Poor Syd passed this past year.... :(

A drink and a toast to the 'crazy diamond'?

DONE!

LOH.
albums? I go back to 8 and 4 track players!

A drink? DONE!

Hey Oggy,

Two drinks and everything will be crystal clear!

DONE!

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Stop the presses!!!!!!!!!

I was an arm's length away from a celebertee and near as I can figure it was either Sting who performed in town last night (maybe tonight too but not sure) or AAAUUUUUUNNNNOOOLD who is also in town and met with the Vancouver Mayor today about greenhouse gas emissions.

**sigh** That's about as close to a celebertee as I'll ever get. Unless I make another trip down to LA and cruise the strip..... ;)

Oh llolololol,

I was in Hollyweird this morning and ended up by the "erotic museum"!

I laughed!

HI Karen.

Remember, At the Thursday Ice Cream Bar there is nothing harmful! :D

JNA,

Destress...Here's your drink!

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Richard I'll have one of those experimental mojitos, I can't say that I have personally had experience with those but my uncle had a reel-to-reel when I was growing up. I actually saw it and everything.

Is there any of that blueberry cake left I'm feeling a bit peckish. :D

RICHARD
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey Richard I'll have one of those experimental mojitos, I can't say that I have personally had experience with those but my uncle had a reel-to-reel when I was growing up. I actually saw it and everything.

Is there any of that blueberry cake left I'm feeling a bit peckish. :D

Blue Mojito and BB cake?? LOL, 4 tracks-they really did exixt! HONEST!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereo-Pak

DONE!

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2007, 03:02 AM
IT's called Laverbread!
I'm glad you figured that one out on your own because I would never have got it! I was in Wales last weekend too, but they didn't offer me any of that "traditional Welsh delicacy" with my breakfast. Cheek!

davidpizzica
06-02-2007, 07:43 AM
RICHARD,I can go for a BIG mug of coffee this morning! I started work at 5:30 this morning and mowed grass for three hours. Would you happen to have the soundtrack to the Blues Brothers movie in the juke box? I loved the dodge in that movie!

smokey the elder
06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I know "neeps" are root vegetables, but don't remember what "laverbread" is but have heard of it. If I were still active in the SCA I'd probably know all this stuff. :)

lbaker
06-02-2007, 10:44 AM
"I'll be brushing out a brood mares tail, while the sun is assending..and you'll be getting home with your reel-to-reel, no comprehending..." I'm just a prisoner...

RICHARD, I remember the Erotic Museum.... onion rings anyone? :p

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2007, 11:43 AM
ES,

What? You didn't get an autograph? LOL , you should know that in Mexico the wrestler has just as much, if not more, camera time than politicos and spoiled teen actresses!

He didn't have his mask on so I couldn't recognize him....

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
lbaker, I'll have some of those onion rings if you please. I've had onion rings on my mind lately. There's a place in Massachusetts called The Redwood, they have some of the best onion rings I've ever had. Yum!!! A Blue Hawaii for me please Mr. Bartender.

davidp:

Mrs. Murphy: Help you two?

Elwood: Do you have any white bread ma'am?

Mrs. Murphy: Yeah.

Elwood: I'll have some toasted white bread please.

Mrs. Murphy: You want butter or jam on that, honey?

Elwood: No ma'am, dry.

Jake: Do you have any fried chicken ma'am?

Mrs. Murphy: Best damned chicken in the state.

Jake: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.

Mrs. Murphy: You want chicken wings or chicken legs?

Jake: Four fried chickens and a Coke.

Elwood: And some dry white toast please.

Mrs. Murphy: Ya'all want anything to drink with that?

Elwood: No ma'am.

Jake: A Coke.

Mrs. Murphy: Be right back.

Kfamr
06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey, does the bar have any hot dogs? Having a major craving after visiting the thread in General.

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-02-2007, 03:51 PM
And here's a quote for LH, because he loves this movie:

"we're 106 miles from chicago, a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarretes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses!!"

Lady's Human
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Mrs Murphy:There's a couple of honkies out there dressed like hassidic diamond merchants. One of 'em wants four fried chickens and a coke!

Matt: Jake!

Mrs Murphy: The other one wants dry white toast

Matt: Elwood! It's the blues brothers!

lbaker
06-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Give a little bit.. just give a little bit R-E-S-P-E-C-T :D

cassiesmom
06-02-2007, 06:08 PM
"They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God." -- Elwood

I was in junior high when that was filmed all over Chicago ... it's such a hoot to see it now because Lake Shore Drive has had so much construction since then.

davidpizzica
06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Elwood: "it has cop tires, cop shocks, it's a model made before catylitic converters so it runs good on regular gas"

RICHARD
06-02-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm glad you figured that one out on your own because I would never have got it! I was in Wales last weekend too, but they didn't offer me any of that "traditional Welsh delicacy" with my breakfast. Cheek!

Shoulda asked to talk to the chef! :D

David, Coffee and gasoline?

DONE!

ES,

He wasn't a Mexican wrestler then...they all wear masks! :confused:

DONE?

STE,

Tatties are taters and Neeps are turnips.

Laverbread is puree'd kelp! :eek:

DONE?

LOH<

One BH and the director's cut of the Blues Bros.!

DONE!

KF,

One Hot Dog...fixings are in the Kitchen!

DONE!

LH,

I loved the chase scenes!

LB,
Some R E S P E C T!

DONE!

CM,
Some Nostalgia?

DONE!

lbaker
06-02-2007, 07:43 PM
8:30 something at night here, K&J have the car in Dover DE for NASCAR tomorrow, boys are both at work.. having a blissfully quiet day puttering about the yard w/ dogs and cats BUT ~ I have a craving for blueberry ice cream. Too late to get the bus. OH BOTHER... any ice cream left?

cyber-sibes
06-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi, anybody still here? As long as it's ok to be better late than never, I'll add our "Blue Moon" notes. we were driving to our new home in Rhode Island the night of the full blue Moon. Lots of songs like Blue Moon of Kentucky on the radio. Very auspicious, as Star's registered name is Blue Moon Star! I figure it's gotta be a good "sign" for our future adventures on the East coast. Any chance there's any of that blueberry tea left?

RICHARD
06-03-2007, 05:17 PM
8:30 something at night here, K&J have the car in Dover DE for NASCAR tomorrow, boys are both at work.. having a blissfully quiet day puttering about the yard w/ dogs and cats BUT ~ I have a craving for blueberry ice cream. Too late to get the bus. OH BOTHER... any ice cream left?

Blue ice cream?

DONE!

CS,
Blueberry Tea? DONE!

Has anyone caught the moonrise in the last few days?

Very nice!

cyber-sibes
06-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Has anyone caught the moonrise in the last few days?

Very nice!It actually scared me the other night, right before leaving Ohio. The full moon was RED, like blood-stained red. Really creeped me out. I think it was because we had a whopper of a thunderstorm later that night.

Lady'sOtherHuman
06-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Morning everyone! I made some homemade blueberry muffins for everyone. And some fresh coffee. Any takers?

davidpizzica
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
LOH, you're talking my language! Blueberry muffins and coffee really sound great this morning. I'll have a BIG mug of that coffee and some muffins!

cyber-sibes
06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I'll take a muffin & coffee too. Geesh, it's pouring down buckets of rain, has been all night. I had to open the box of winter clothes to get out a long-sleeve shirt this morning. :rolleyes: Where's all the sunshine?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd love a blueberry muffin and blueberry tea too!!!

I must be getting better my appetite is picking up. Now if my sense of taste just comes back and my left ear unstops!!! (guess I'm just hard to please these days) :D

slick
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
**knock knock**
Anyone around?? Is the bar still open??

I could sure use cold beer right about now. Only have another hour to go then it's out the door for me.

Have a good week everyone! :)