PDA

View Full Version : What are your phobias and habits

sparks19
05-30-2007, 11:22 AM
OK it has come to my attention that I have a lot of strange quirks lol. So I want to hear everyone else's

Of course I have my usual phobias.... SPIDERS!!!!

But I also have a wierd phobia with the shower. I can't stand to be in there and have to thouroughly rinse it out before I get in..... while in there I don't touch the walls.... I don't touch the curtain.... and I rinse off my shampoo bottles before I open them. When I get out I have to have a clean towel to step on and will NOT get off this towel until my feet are completely dry. it gives me the willies when hubby comes out of the bathroom with soaking wet feet after his shower and just walks around.... AH how can he stand it lol.

I am afraid of driving.... lol I can drive but I had a little "accident" while parking once and now am scarred for life lol.

I do NOT wear buttons on shirts.... lol I can't explain it but I have been this way since I was a baby according to my mom. I just can't stand them.

As for habits.....

I eat my sandwiches from the outside in. I have to eat the crust or the edges first and then I eat the inside.

I used to eat ONE thing at a time. I would eat all my corn and then turn my plate to the potatoes etc etc.... but since I have been pregnant that hasn't been an issue lol. There are also some dishes that I M"UST have mixed all together.

That's all I can think of for now but I know there are more.

Now tell me yours . :D

M&M's Mommy
05-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I, too, am afraid of spiders. A mere mention of the word is enough to send chills to my spine.

I hate puplic restrooms. I always make sure to use the restroom before I leave home, and hold until I come back.

I also eat sandwhiches/burgers from the outside in. I start with the outside, roll it around until I finish, then eat the middle part last.

When eating pizza, I must separate the toppings from the crust, then eat the crust first, toppings last.

When eating at the restaurant, I use a lot (I mean a lotsssss) of napkins. I can't stand to have my hands/mouth dirty, so I wipe them almost after every bite.

that's all I could think of right now. I'll add more later..

elizabethann
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
The one thing that comes to mind is I don't like my food touching other food.

Like this past Saturday night I was at Longhorn and ordered a steak & fries. I asked for the fries on a separate plate because I didn't want them touching my steak.

:D

sparks19
05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
I also eat sandwhiches/burgers from the outside in. I start with the outside, roll it around until I finish, then eat the middle part last.

finally someone else that does that. I get the strangest looks from my friends when I eat sandwiches or burgers in front of them haha.

M&M's Mommy
05-30-2007, 12:17 PM
finally someone else that does that. I get the strangest looks from my friends when I eat sandwiches or burgers in front of them haha.

If I eat the French Roll, I start from one end, until I get to about the middle, I switch to the other end. My last bite must be the middle part :)

When eating just about anything, I always save the best for last. As for sandwhiches, the middle part is always the best :)

critter crazy
05-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Hmmm...lets see.....I am afraid of the Dark!! I know such a baby, but I have had so many things happen to me in the dark, that I cannot stand it! I always have a Flashlight handy!:D

I CANNOT stand my food touching!! I have been this way since I was little, and my son is the same way! I will refuse to eat something if it has touched something else!! I get grossed out when Hubby mixes all his food up all together! Ewww...

I always eat each type of food seperately! I eat one thing at a time. For instance I will eat my meat, turn plate, eat my potatoes, turn plate, eat my veggies ect....

I cannot stand to have my feet touched, nor do I like to touch feet!! Gross!!!

I cannot and will not take a bath!! the mere thought of it grosses me out!!

My shoes Must be tied tightly, and Double knotted!! I cannot stand loose shoes(sneakers and such) I have to have them so tight, that they always leave an imprint! I cannot tie shoes without double knotting them, drives me nuts!! I hate seeing hubby walking around in Un-Tied shoes!

That is all I can think of for now!:D

mruffruff
05-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I am claustrophobic. I can go into small spaces, but I can't stay long. Elevators are OK, but under the house in the crawl space freaks me out.

And I can't stand heights! I try not to look out of second story or higher windows. But I like to look off a mountain into the distance.

I can't tolerate open doors or drawers. I'm forever closing the files at work.

I hate mis-matched clothes. My mother had a bad habit of wearing odd combinations. She also had a pair of PINK HIGH TOP TENNIS SHOES! So now I co-ordinate all of my clothes, including pajamas, to the nth degree.

My daughter says I'm a neatnik. By her standards I really, really am.

I'd say I'm normal, but who knows what THAT is?

cassiesmom
05-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Phobia: I have an irrational fear of traffic jams. This stems from a traffic snarl I once got in where all of the toll road lanes were closed due to an accident. I panicked because I couldn't get out of there. Finally found a hole in the fence, gunned the car through it and then had to figure out where the heck I was!

Strange habits: I like a side of mayonnaise with French fries. In my first job I worked with a woman who had grown up in Wyoming and she got me started on French fries with mayo. It's so unhealthy I hardly ever do it anymore.

When I leave the house in the morning I have to have my keys in hand, usually the left hand. Even if they're in my pocket I have to hold them in the pocket. I have no idea where that came from. I think it started after I locked myself out.

Edited to add: I don't see this as a particularly strange habit but others do. I take a paper towel to open the door of a public washroom with my just-washed hands. I know some women don't wash their hands well enough and others don't at all. I'm compulsive about hand-washing in the first place because I'm a nurse; I know that hand-washing fights infection; and it creeps me out to think about doors being opened by people's hands that have not been washed.

There was a poll on Pet Talk about how we put on our socks and shoes. I'm a mutant in that regard, too - right sock and shoe, then left sock and shoe. Most people answered that they do left and right sock, left and right shoe.

Maybe you guys have seen the "Monk" episode where he is at a hockey game - seated in the front row -and notices a spot on the Plexiglass barrier in front of him? Welcome to my world! And mruffruff, I know I'm not normal :)

Edited again to add (because the post about Weight Watchers made me think of this): I hate those "sport top" water bottles. More specifically, I don't like to watch people drink from them. Is it a sign of regression back to infancy? It looks (at least to me) like a bottle with a nipple; and i stopped using that a long, long time ago. It has to be opened and closed with a hand, and then raised to the mouth to drink. Some don't even put it in their mouth but just sort of squirt the water in. Either way, it makes me uneasy to watch people use them.

sandragonfly
05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
haha, eating sandwiches from outside...that is interesting! nah, don't worry sparks, I won't give you a strangest face - everyone is strange in their own ways. ;) I do remember I save the middle (corner) of pizza and the middle of cinnamon roll for last. :D

me, phobias? having no phobias! really, none. :p

habits?? biting nails ... but I'm muchmuch better! before I'd bite anytime but now only during exams when I'm not paying attention to anything else! :o not too odd I know.

and, I usually explain, do, or work things in order. like, if I start a cat picture thread, I gotta order them in sequence when I got them or post pictures chronically.

and, do bathroom, feeding, filling up waterbowls and clean litter during, sweep then feed myself. :D

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Phobias

.The dark
.Sharp things ie. Knives,scissors
.Being alone anywhere
.Fire
.Touching dead animals
.Going down escalators
.Bugs
.Old houses/Old farms
.Swimming in lakes where you can't see the bottom
.Drowning
.Walking alone

Habits

.No foods can't touch
.Not eating the ends of any meat products
(end as in the end I get to when I finish eating)
.Not eating deformed fries
.Putting chips saucy side on my tounge
.Can't walk around with jeans on without having socks on too
.Sleeping with a stuffed animal every night
.Sleeping with the comfortor in between one leg

I guess this one formed from fear and turned into a habit. I can't sleep if any part of my body is sticking out from the blankets except my head and sometimes arms.

My closet also has to be completley closed at night or I picture people/things peering in the places that are open.

Most of my fears are just because my imagination and I make up things and scare myself.

Edit: After reading through other peoples I remember some that are the same.

Almita
05-30-2007, 02:23 PM
For eating a pizza,I eat the toppings first, then the cheese, then the crust, then my favorite part the bread with the marinara sauce! :)

I HATE elevators i will never go in one, even if its going 10 stories up i'll use the stairs if i have to.

In the morening i do the same exact thing. I get up, make my bed, brush my teeth, take a shower (if i didn't at night), get ready.

When i put my make up on, it has to be put on my left eye first! for eyeliner and mascara.

I never wear the same colored socks. like right now i have an orange sock and the other a rainbow striped sock.

i HAVE to listen to music and i will be in a good mood i CANNOT stand the quiet. When i'm out in the woods or something will hum or something since i can't stand it.

There's much more just i can't think of them right now.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
My biggest phobia is the fear of something happening to one of my pets, Vixen especially. I know where it came from. It all started when we lost Lilith in 2005. We nor the vet knew there was anything wrong with her. Actually just a month before her passing she got a clean bill of health. She got a rabies shot for travel to Italy and we having what we thought was a reaction but was not. It was actually a cancer from FeLv and the shot dropped her system allowing the cancer to take over. From the day of the shot to the day of her death was 8 days. I guess you can see where that phobia would play through as Vixen is FeLv+ as well.

Habits...biting the skin on my fingers - habit from when I was a child.
....have to eat my pizza with a fork and knife
....have to always have a flashlight close by - habit learned from my
mom
....walking barefoot even though I am not suppose to because I'm
diabetic
....shower habit...have to wash my hair twice then condition before I
actually clean my body

I am sure there are others too.

Sevaede
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I have this HUGE fear of planes. I will not eat, sleep, sit still, or anything for days before a plane ride. I will also cry and worry.

I eat all the toppings off the pizza, first, saving my the bread and sauce for last. :D

If I'm at my own place of residence, I absolutely will not wear socks indoors. It drives me nuts.

Suki Wingy
05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I have just about the weirdest phobia ever and it's difficult. Numbers. Math class is living hell. If someone shoves a math sheet or chemistry equation in front of me I have to try very hard to hold back a panic attack and I then get a migrane.
It's not a fear, but I don't like monkeys. They creep me out.
I have a lot of weird habits but I'll edit them in later.

Kalei
05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a fear of spiders and I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this one, but I have a fear of touching hot things. Like when I'm cooking, I always try to get someone else to take the stuff out of the oven. Or when someone wants a cup of tea. I put a dish cloth around the handle and then carry it so that the hot cup doesn't get near my hands.

Habits:

Umm...I always make sure to put the most powdered part of a chip on my tongue first.
I've had a habit of biting the sides of my fingers right beside the nail for years.
I have to eat a chocolate bar very slowly.
And I have to take that little white thing off the yolk of the egg before i use the egg.

lol I guess I'm pretty weird.

sparks19
05-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh mayo in fries.... you are not as wierd as you think. I LOVE mayo and fries lol. It is so bad for me but GOD I love it.

Kittycats_delight..... I did not know that people with diabetes were not supposed to walk around barefoot. Why is that?

I guess I have a lot of habits lol. Maybe I am just a touch OCD. When I get up in the morning for work I do the exact same thing everyday. get up.... go to the bathroom.... go get dressed.... take the dogs out.... brush my teeth, put on deodorant, do my hair, do my make up. It never gets done in any other order lol.

when I come home the first thing I do is put my pj's on and my slippers.... but the slipper thing kinda goes back to my whole shower thing. I am afraid I am gonna step in something wet... I can't stand it. and with two drooly dogs who cant keep water in their mouths it is bound to happen lol. So I go through a couple pairs of slippers a year lol.

Zippy
05-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Ovens I will not take things out of the oven.
I also hate big crowds.

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Diabetics are known for having bad circulation especially in the legs and feet. For this reason it is required to wear a good sturdy shoe, sneaker or slipper all the time. My diabetologist told me NEVER walk on the bare floor barefoot. Hubby is forever giving me hell about it.

sparks19
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Diabetics are known for having bad circulation especially in the legs and feet. For this reason it is required to wear a good sturdy shoe, sneaker or slipper all the time. My diabetologist told me NEVER walk on the bare floor barefoot. Hubby is forever giving me hell about it.

wow you learn something new every day. I had no idea.

Donnaj4962
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
GREAT THREAD!!!

Fears..... grasshoppers. Yes, I am terrified of them (especially the flying ones) and I have been known to hyperventilate when more than one is close by. It comes from my childhood when one landed on my leg while I was riding my bike on a gravel path. I crashed and skinned my leg pretty bad. Years ago, I came home from work to find a WHOLE GROUP :eek: of grasshoppers hanging out at my front door (like it was a party place or something!) and I sat in my car for almost 1/2 an hour before I finally walked all the way around the building (of maybe 15 + apartments) and went in the back door! I can't stand to even see plastic ones in the stores, or real ones on TV. Freaks me out!

Habits.... I get up in the morning and go into the bathroom to turn the water in the sink on for the cats. They drink while I, well, you know! :rolleyes: Then we all 3 go downstairs and I feed the girls. Then I take my medicine and make my lunch (on work days). Then I go back upstairs and take my shower and finish getting ready for work.

Also, I always say the following before going to sleep at night: "Good night Tabitha. Good night Sasha. Everybody sleep well, sleep fast, sleep tight. And I will see you in the morning light." I even say it when I am NOT at my own home (silently of course!) :eek: :rolleyes:

petslover
05-30-2007, 04:33 PM
This is an interesting thread.

My Phobias:

Heights- I can't stand being high up.. My knees start shaking and everything.

Old, big Houses- I always picture a haunted movie made in one of these.

Wild Rats- If you want to get me out of a room, have one of these show up. I freak out.

Habits-

I always eat my sandwich outside from the in.

I always eat my pizza toppings first and then the crust.

I say "Oh, really" way to much.

If I think of more, I will come back to this thread..

davidpizzica
05-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I havre three phobias, two of which are weird. 1. thunder & lightning. I work on a golf course and even if I hear a car backfiring I try to find shelter. 2. Funeral homes. I CANNOT STAND to be in a funeral home!! It was very rough on me to be in there both times when my parents passed away. 3. I can't touch any dead animal. It scares the heck out of me. One habit I have is that I have to make my bed before I can sleep in it. If it's unmade, i can't sleep!

davidpizzica
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
This is so true. As a diabetic I wear special diabetic dress socks that promote circulation to the legs and feet.

M&M's Mommy
05-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I just think of something really weird (and probably unique) about me :)

I love looking at people bare ... feet!! Yep, feet. When looking at celebrities' pictures from a magazine, I always start from their feet up :). I remember my friends & families members not just by how their faces look, but their feet also.

For some reasons, I feel like I don't really know someone until I see their barefeet. I remember when my hubby (then boyfriend) came over for the first time, and I asked him to take off his socks, he gave me the most shocking look ever LOL :D. After marrying him for almost 6 years, I still love looking at his feet ;)

petslover
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
ohh. I can't stand touching a dead animal too. aghh! That scares me too. I think it has something to do with the eyes.

another habit is that I always take off the crust(brown part) of bread.. I never eat it.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I have a couple big fears. My biggest fear is of people I don't know or don't know well. I also have a fear of groups of people, big or small.

Another big fear I have is of doctors and hospitals.

I also have a fear of leaving the house and my pets for longer than a few hours. I've given up on overnight travel. I also hate driving ( or riding in the car) at night.

I eat my sandwiches from the outside in. I have to eat the crust or the edges first and then I eat the inside.
I do that too.

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Fears:

- I'm extremely afraid of spiders - especially when I find them in my bedroom.
- I can't leave my bedroom at night without Tango for some reason. I always feel like something is going to jump out and grab me...lol.
- Another fear I have is of something happening to my mom when she leaves the house, whether she's just going to work, the grocery store, wherever. I always get worried that something might happen to her.
- I check each lock in the doors in my house atleast 3 times before I go to bed. Have to make sure everything is safe and nobody can get in.

Weird things:

- I have to cut every fruit before I eat it, and I eat all of them with a fork. In fact, I won't eat any sort of food with my hands if I can help it.

- I can't stand weird textured things - ex. I love the taste of bananas, but the texture grosses me out, so I don't eat them.
- My constant need to wash (or atleast rinse) my hands after I'm done using the phone, touching the TV remote, opening the cupboard where the garbage can is, touching the counter tops, shower walls, etc. I'm not sure why really.
- I can't stand dirty (eye) glasses. I wash mine atleast twice a day, usually more.
- I hate when people touch me. Not really sure why.

critter crazy
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Just thought of another habit of mine, I do not eat Hotdogs, Hamburgers or Sausages on bread/Rolls. I have to cut them up, on a plate, and eat them with a fork!:D

Freedom
05-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I do not like spiders, although over the years I've gotten a bit better. I don't start yelling and screaming and run from the room anymore :rolleyes: ; I just scoot out, find Dad -- yes, even if he is already in bed asleep - and he has to get it.

I have a hard time in hospitals. For years, anyone in the family knew that, if I came in the hospital to see them, then they were dying. Mostly I would pass out 5 steps inside. That has gotten better, since with Dad now living with me, we spend more time in hospitals. I still get queasy almost every trip and need to take a break and step outside into fresh air.

Mayo on fries? I LOVE mayo, I need to try that!

sparks19:
When I get up in the morning for work I do the exact same thing everyday. get up.... go to the bathroom.... go get dressed.... take the dogs out....

HOW do you get to do anything BEFORE you let the dog out???? I would LOVE to be able to run to the bathroom First, never mind about getting dressed!!!!

Alysser
05-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a really weird phobia, of chewed gum. It just grosses me out SO much and I kind of freak out. I hate chewed gum because its all over the sidewalk, etc. IT'S gross. I also cannot use the restrooms at school, I HATE school bathrooms, I will go in them and only use them when I desperately need it or if I am super bored during a lesson. I am also VERY scared being alone in the dark. If someone is sleeping over, in a hotel, etc. I am fine but I cannot sleep with the lights off alone or without my door open.

Habits-I chew my nails, I hate it but can't help it. I cry anytime I see a dead animal, even just a picture. If I am on the bus or with a friend, I don't usually cry until later, I don't know why but when I get home the picture is still fresh in my mind and will last for hours. I hate it. :( I cannot sleep with socks on. I can't wear anything on my feet in the house for that matter! I always have to be listening to music when I am on the computer. Also, when I get dressed in the morning for school I always put my pants on, then socks, then shirt. I can't wear skirts or dresses EVER unless I am going somewhere fancy like a wedding, I always wear jeans or something. I HATE skirts, etc. This also just started recently, whenever I go to a amusement park, I look for the nearest Roller Coaster. Everytime I go to six flags, I have to go on AT least one..

Yes, I am very odd. :D

Laura's Babies
05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
This may sound real odd from someone who works on a boat but I get motion sickness. If I am in something moving, I HAVE to be able to see outside or I get sick. I can't ride a bus unless I sit up front where I can see, can't ride in a enclosed van and I found out last trip on the boat I work on, that if they cover the windows (to spray paint), I also get sick.

sparks19
05-30-2007, 09:25 PM
sparks19:

HOW do you get to do anything BEFORE you let the dog out???? I would LOVE to be able to run to the bathroom First, never mind about getting dressed!!!!

Well hubby gets up for work about 2 hours before me lol so he takes them out the first time in the morning. I just take them out before work to make sure it's all out of their system lol.

I am also afraid of storms. LOL we had a really bad one here the other night and we got hail..... and apparently hail is sometimes a precurser to a Tornado which is wht I am REALLY terrified of. I was almost ready to herd everyone into the basement. when I was a kid I always went to my moms room at night during a storm.... UNTIL they moved my room to the basement and I knew that I would be safe in the basement during a tornado. even though I have NEVER witnessed a tornado.

Also, I cannot sleep with a sheet (except for the fitted sheet that covers the mattress). I sleep with a comforter ONLY. Even when I go to a hotel the first thing I do is untuck the sheet and take it off the bed. and I CANNOT have the comforter tucked in at all.

dogzr#1
05-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Phobias- I have a slight phobia of drowning. I have had two close experiences as far as drowning goes so if I go to a waterpark, I am always really wary and stuff.

Weird Habbits- I have a really weird habbit of eating half of things. For example, if I have two enchiladas, I will eat half of both of them. I can't stand to eat a whole one.

I always lick and wipe off my lips. I always have a napkin or something on my person. I lick my lips and then I wipe the spit off with a napkin. I can't stand having dry lips but I also can't stand to have chapstick or anything like that on my lips.

Like others, no food can touch. If my parents would mix my food, I would refuse to eat it. I don't know why but I think it's gross.

I have to do my 'night ritual' before I go to bed. It's an order of how I get ready for bed- first I pee, brush teeth, wash face, change into PJs, brush hair, unmake bed, say goodnight to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING living in my house at least twice, bless myself with holy water, put cream on my hands and drink some water and THEN go to bed.

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Also, I cannot sleep with a sheet (except for the fitted sheet that covers the mattress). I sleep with a comforter ONLY. Even when I go to a hotel the first thing I do is untuck the sheet and take it off the bed. and I CANNOT have the comforter tucked in at all. Same I hate them, they seem pointless too they are so thin. I can sleep with 2 comfortors but not sheets. I also hate it being tucked in anywhere I like to bunch it all up with my body.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Phobias - I'm scared to death of chickens. It's a long story. I also really hate rats, mice (at least the non-pet kind), Willabeth. Don't even ask about Willabeth, I believe only Monica would understand that one :p.

Habits - I bite my nails constantly. My toenails too. :o I have to eat one food at a time, I hate my food touching. I also say lol too much when half the time I don't even mean it.

Edit: and on the sheets thing, I hate sheets. I'll sleep with them but they absolutely have to be untucked or I can't stand them whatsoever.

CagneyDog
05-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Phobias: I guess my biggest phobia is losing a family member/close friend. I get paranoid if my mom or dad doesn't answer their cell phone when I call because I think something might have happened. I also hate people touching my neck, I'm not sure why, but I absolutely can't stand it.

Habits: The first thing I do when I get home every day is turn on the computer. This is one bad habit :P

AdoreMyDogs
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
I have a weird phobia and a normal phobia. First of all, my weird phobia are the pillsbury biscuits that are in the canister things that you need to unwrap and "pop". I flip out. I can't even be around when they're popped. I don't know why. My hubby laughs at me every time I ask him to pop the biscuit can for me and then high-tail it out of the kitchen. I don't even LIKE to hear the POP from another room hehe.

Another fear (not sure if it's extreme enough to be a phobia) are bees, hypodermic needles, fish hooks, cockroaches and elevators. I'm also afraid of airplanes but I love traveling so I don't let it consume me.

Weird habits...well I'm kind of a germ-a-phob. I use hand sanitizer ALL the time. I know that it could make super-germs in the future, but I still have to use it. I also can't stand when there's so much as a speck on my monitor...my monitor must be crystal clear. If I or a cat happens to sneeze and a minute speck gets on my monitor, I must immediately wipe it with cleaner. Not only do I not want specks, but also don't want a single streak, so I turn the monitor off so I can make sure it's good and crystal-clear.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Habits: The first thing I do when I get home every day is turn on the computer. This is one bad habit :P
Yep, I have that habit too. :o

Marigold2
05-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh my gosh, I feel so normal all of a sudden reading everyones posts normal and well just ok. My only problem is I don't like spiders and ants, other then that I am good. I can be alone, in an elevator in the dark. LOL I am good with change and can adapt to just about anything, anywhere. I don't do well in hot weather however.

Twisterdog
05-30-2007, 11:13 PM
I hate ladders. I can go up, but I don't like to go down. And to go from a ladder to the roof, then back to the ladder? NEVER would I be able to do that!

I don't mind heights if there is a railing ... like a damn or an observation tower. But a cliff or a roof edge freaks me out. And I HATE it when people goof around on high places, like putting their leg over the railing or pretending they are going to jump. I SCREAM at people who do that.

As for weird habits ...

I always try to eat the middle of something last. I don't think that's weird at all, it's just saving the best for last.

I can't drink anything with sugar in it ... it makes my teeth feel funny and drives me crazy.

I MUST wear socks ALL the time. The only time I don't have socks on is in the shower, literally.

I MUST have lip balm and lotion on at all times.

I cannot sleep without a fan going, for the white noise. And I have to sleep with a pillow between my knees ... but I have a messed-up knee, so that's more medical then quirky, I guess.

K9karen
05-31-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm too perfect for my own good!!! :D :D :D :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Just kidding..I know I have my list here somewhere...I'll be back...

crow_noir
05-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Phobias:

Pigs

Primates and such. Especially monkeys.

Germs.

The unknown.

Quirks:

Stepping over the cracks in the sidewalk (I don't want it to collapse. LOL. It was just a game i used to play.)

I prefer even numbers. I had to break myself of this becoming obsessive when i was younger. It got to the point where i was even repeating myself so what i said would come out in even numbers! :eek:

Many of my other quirks can be blamed on a different sensory input. I feel things more than most people do. I tend to avoid water for as long as possible because i hate the feel of it. (I don't let that cause poor hygiene though.) I HAVE to wear footwear almost all the time and can't stand wrinkles in my sheets or socks. A bunch of other stuff i can't remember right now... just because it's a daily thing and who i am.

I LOVE the smell of skunks.

Freedom
05-31-2007, 07:13 AM
I remembered another one. I am terrified of being locked in a store when they close up. Ya know how they announce, "Shoppers, X-Mart will be closing in 15 minutes. Please take your items to the registers." Well, I drop everything on the floor and fly out the doors!

I used to do this when shopping with my Mom, drove her nuts. I mean, we'd spent an hour trying on clothes and figuring out which color, size, and all of a sudden, I was GONE! I'd wait out on the sidewalk for her to get through the register, panicking that SHE was going to get locked in.

Lately, I don't even go to stores that late, which is why I had to think a bit to remember this one.

kittycats_delight
05-31-2007, 07:58 AM
I don't mind heights if there is a railing ... like a damn or an observation tower. But a cliff or a roof edge freaks me out. And I HATE it when people goof around on high places, like putting their leg over the railing or pretending they are going to jump. I SCREAM at people who do that.

This is me all over. I absolutely freak when someone is goofing off in high places. I have been known to drag said person back from the edge all the while screaming and slapping them in the head!!!

can't stand wrinkles in my sheets or socks.

This one is so me to when it comes to the socks. If by chance a wrinkle develops in my sock while walking no matter where I am the shoe comes off so I can straigthen the wrinkle. Same thing goes for pebbles and they can be as tiny as a speck but they have to come out of my shoe or I will simply go mad!!

sandragonfly
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
quoted by delightkitty
..they have to come out of my shoe or I'll simply go mad!!

I feel you! totally! lol.

talking about even numbers, I remember I mentioned about it somewhere else.. I'll have to go and find it.. a thread of habits/tendencies?

edit ~ obsessions and loves too (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=112676) - different from this thread but I thought I'd put it in here for whoever had missed it, it's fun to read too!

Whisk_Luva
05-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Same

When eating just about anything, I always save the best for last.
Same

I always eat each type of food seperately! I eat one thing at a time. For instance I will eat my meat, turn plate, eat my potatoes, turn plate, eat my veggies ect....
Same

Phobias/Fears

I hate most birds! I can stand some like ducks and I like big birds like penguins, ostrichs and stuff like that but its the pigeons and crows and everything.... I dont like the wings when they flap. My dad is the same!

Habits

At night before I go to bed I must bellow 'NIGHT MUM!' (Mum will say night) 'NIGHT DAD!' (Dad will say night) 'NIGHT JONATHAN!' (Jonathan will grunt* night) *Jonathan is my 15 year old brother!

Miss Z
05-31-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a fear of falling. Not heights, as it's often confused with, as I can go up as high as I want and as long as my feet are on a firm surface then I'm fine. When I went up the Eiffel Tower in the glass lift I was fascinated by how high up we were, and I don't think I was helping those with fears of heights who were sharing the lift by exclaiming 'Ooo, we must be reaching about 600ft now, everything looks so small!' :p

Having said that, I could never bungee jump or skydive. I just hate the 'falling feeling', that sudden plummetting feeling in your stomach *shivers*.

Not really a phobia, but I've always disliked answering the phone. If the phone rings I'll wait until the very last ring before the answering machine kicks in, in the hope that someone else will get it! Heaven knows why. :D

I have a few weird habits, but one I've not really noticed until now is that I sit sideways when typing on my laptop. I think I do this because that way I can see Tia in her cage out of the corner of my eye. :)

petslover
05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
I am scared of skating!! I skated once and was like this is so not for me. Never done it again.

k9krazee
05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Hehe, Zara, I too have a fear of falling and a dislike of answering phones!

I'll try and think of more later.

KittyGurl
05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Fears:

-presenting a projecct in front of my class. (I had to do that yesterday for my science project. My legs wouldn't stop shaking)

-jellyfish

-spiders

-when the power goes out in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm!

Habits:

-I can only do choir in a group, I can't do a solo at all!

-I need a stuffed animal in a room with me when I go to bed

-I like to watch lightning at a window

-I can't have my cat and/or dog on my feet when sleeping

-my food can't be mixed together or touching

-I eat one thing of food at a time (first hot dog, then patatoes, etc.)

davidpizzica
05-31-2007, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=KittyGurl]Fears:

-presenting a projecct in front of my class. (I had to do that yesterday for my science project. My legs wouldn't stop shaking)

-jellyfish

-spiders

-when the power goes out in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm!

Habits:

-I can only do choir in a group, I can't do a solo at all!

-I need a stuffed animal in a room with me when I go to bed

-I like to watch lightning at a window

-I can't have my cat and/or dog on my feet when sleeping

-my food can't be mixed together or touching

-I eat one thing of food at a time (first hot dog, then patatoes, etc.)[/QUOTE Kittygurl, I know what you mean about the church choirs. I'm a tenor (the only tenor!) in my church choir and it would terrify me to stand and solo! I'd rather stay in the background and help rather than stand out!

BitsyNaceyDog
06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I have to do my 'night ritual' before I go to bed. It's an order of how I get ready for bed- first I pee, brush teeth, wash face, change into PJs, brush hair, unmake bed, say goodnight to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING living in my house at least twice, bless myself with holy water, put cream on my hands and drink some water and THEN go to bed.
I have to go to the bathroom RIGHT before I get into bed or into the shower. Even if I don't really have to go I still have to try.

Argranade
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Phobias.

- Bugs with long legs. (Mostly Spiders)

- Open water ... I don't like swimming in lakes ect ... freaks me out.

- Graveyards.

Habits.

- Your all clean with food lol, I almost always mix up my food LOL.

- I like to rip up things in my hands... I've even ripped up money lol.

- I won't eat alot of foods unless they have ketchup.

- I take very, very small bites when I eat and like to chew with my mouth closed.

- When I walk and I feel shy I usualy start playing with my fingers.

- I like to flip my hand on my hair so that it stays even.

- I always check my pants to make sure there not too high or low lol.

- Almost everytime I see a window/mirror I look at my self.

- I pick off the crust when I eat pizza, bread ect ....

- I like to dip peanut butter sandwiches in milk.

- I won't sleep unless I have a blanket rapped around me, even in hot summer nights.

Miss Z
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I thought of a few more habits since my last post:

- I brush my hair A LOT. I have long, very fine hair that tangles almost as soon as it hits the great outdoors. I can't stand it, so I always have a hairbrush with me. It's not unusual for me to brush my hair every half an hour, it drives my friends crazy, lol.

- When I'm talking to someone I don't know that well, I often look at my nails.

- I too hardly ever use a public loo (unless it's an emergency, lol). I actually don't go to the loo very much at all, twice a day does it for me. People that know me don't know how I do it. :p

- My accent changes when I talk to people with authority. If you were to speak to me normally, I would have my normal Lancastrian accent, but if I was then to speak with a teacher, my voice would become a little more proper and higher pitched. I don't really know why I do that, it may be because my mum didn't want me to turn out with a Lancastrian accent, so when I was small, taught me how to speak 'nicely'. I suppose it sort of worked. ;)

-My sarcastic face involves my head shrinking back a little with my chin dipped into my neck, my mouth slightly to the left, slightly smiling and closed, my tongue curled over my top left canine and my eyebrows slightly raised.

-When going out, I check myself in the mirror from all angles to make sure that I don't look stupid. It can take me up to 45 mins to do this properly. :p

There's loads more, but I'll have to think of them first!

IRescue452
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't have any true phobias, where you would have a panic attack at the mere thought of something you are afraid of.
But I am afraid of:
birds getting close to my face (I love bird watching and will even hold a bird if I'm in control)
bugs that fly
men
getting in a car with anybody else driving (including my own mother)
and a few other things.
Many fears I have are the result of PTSD.

I don't eat my food in any special way, it can touch (unless the combination makes a gross flavor) and I don't eat each thing seperately. I do wipe my mouth after just about every bite. I hate eating in public and always try to get a chair where my left side is protected by a wall as I can't see well to the left.

I don't take baths unless I shower first. I hate the idea of having your whole body together in a human soup. Its gross. I also don't swim in public pools as it is a big human soup with all sort of nasty people in the water with you. I sometimes swim in the river or lake, but more often just wade up to my knees. Natural water just isn't as gross to me.

Chilli
06-01-2007, 01:53 PM
I have a true, overwhelming fear of CO(Carbon Monoxide) poisoning. I get panic attacks and everything. Its terrible.

Habits:
-In the morning when I check on the birds, I always look at the bottom of the cage first. I started doing this when three of our birds died within the same week. :( I can't help it.

-I mix my food together when I eat. Though I am a very picky eater.

-The first thing I do in the morning is take Frisk to the bathroom with me while I wake up. Then I take him out to potty. If I take him out first, I get close to wetting myself from waiting. lol :D

I'm sure there is more, but I won't bother posting them.

Suki Wingy
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Zara, I hate phones too.

Phobias:

Pigs

Primates and such. Especially monkeys.

Germs.

The unknown.

Quirks:

Stepping over the cracks in the sidewalk (I don't want it to collapse. LOL. It was just a game i used to play.)

I prefer even numbers. I had to break myself of this becoming obsessive when i was younger. It got to the point where i was even repeating myself so what i said would come out in even numbers! :eek:

Many of my other quirks can be blamed on a different sensory input. I feel things more than most people do. I tend to avoid water for as long as possible because i hate the feel of it. (I don't let that cause poor hygiene though.) I HAVE to wear footwear almost all the time and can't stand wrinkles in my sheets or socks. A bunch of other stuff i can't remember right now... just because it's a daily thing and who i am.

I LOVE the smell of skunks.
We have a few things in common, but backwards! I have sensory issues too but I LOVE the feel of water, it's almost magic for me. Just thinking about tissue or wet fabric touching my tails gives me goosebumps and makes my teeth hurt! I always hated socks because of the annoying seams by the toes.

Anita Cholaine
06-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I know I have so many weird habits, but now that I have to think of them, I don't come upwith many.

I eat burgers from the outside in, and I leave the middle part of hot dogs for the end. I try not to do it in public, though.

I always feel the need to close the little window that pops up when someone on MSN gets online. It doesn't matter if I'm not on the computer, if I'm close to it and se that it appears, I need to go and close it.

Wherever there's a mirrow, I will always look at myself. It's not that I'm obsessed with my image or anything, I just can't help looking.

I can't sleep if I'm not hugging my pillow :p

And as for fears, I think one of my biggest ones is elevators. I use them when I don't have another option, but I start getting anxious when they get too long to open the door.

I'm also a bit afraid of swimming in the sea, it has to be really really calm for me to get into it.

I totally hate jellyfish, spiders and bees.

Zara, I also hate answering the phone.

animal_rescue
06-01-2007, 07:23 PM
I have a HUGE fear of tornadoes and storms. When we get a tornado watch i'm an absolute mess during them, I'm pacing and panting and basically hysterical.

I'm also very afraid of *get this* fish. I can't even eat them without freaking out. I know very weird but it's also a reason why I won't go into deep water, i'm too afraid that a fish will swim by me. I probably would end up drowning myself if one did. :rolleyes:

IRescue452
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
My girlfriemd and two of my good friends have true phobias of fish. It sucks because I'm an aquarium hobbyist. I have to throw towels over the fish tanks when my girlfriend's around.

Husky_mom
06-01-2007, 10:30 PM
we sure are a bunch of weirdos........LOL........

Ok.........hereīs my share..........

as for phobias i donīt think I have any but I sure can name a couple that just freak me out.........not scare me but freak me

I get this very unpleasant feeling whenever I see a roach dead or alive......I just canīt even pick it up nor squach it, if i get brave enough I canīt do it with my own shoes I have to do it with someone elses shoes :p
another thing that more that freak me grosses me out (thatīs better description to what i feel about roaches too) is.........well........ just to grosss to post here......... well you know what they say about green meaning life......well the life of your nose grosses me out!! big time........

about weird habits: (well actually not weird as Iīve seen so far here)

I also have the eat the "outlines" first
eat the side of chips with more spice first
I tend to eat in sections one bite of this one bite of that........
+

I know I have lotsa weird habits..... just have no tiem now gotta go....b back later with more....

IRescue452
06-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Another wierd one...which makes me the most femmy femme on the planet of femmes, I cannot walk outside after the rain unless I watch every step. I wouldn't want to risk stepping on a worm. The only time I make people take off their shoes before coming inside, is after it rains when there are worms everywhere. I couldn't stand the though of worm guts on the carpet.

I also don't like people sitting on my furniture. Sorry but, if your butt was there, you bet I'm gonna need to spray it with something before I touch that spot. I can't stand public furniture. In the computer labs at school, in waiting rooms, anywhere, I hate to sit down where hundreds of others have been.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-04-2007, 03:59 AM
If something I am trying to do fails after three attempts I see it as a sign that "its not to be". So 3 bids on ebay are my maximum.....3 attempts at sending an email.......3 goes at logging into a website.....3 attempts at making a telephone call.......that sort of thing