PDA

View Full Version : My baby boy has a cold :(

luckies4me
05-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Poor Kai. He is only a week and two days old and is already having to suffer through a cold. It's not that bad. Just coughing and a little congestion on the right side of his nose. No running or anything and no fever. We took him to the docs tonight and they said everything looks fine. His ears are great, which was a big worry of mine. If he gets a fever we are to bring him to the emergency room as the pediatrician said fever in babies under two months is considered a medical emergency. Poor guy, he had to be violated. :o

But get this! They weighed him three days ago when he had his jaundice rechecked and he was 8 lbs 9 ounces. Today he was 9 lbs 1 ounce! :eek: :D He's growing so fast! I knew he was growing cuz he eats like a pig. :rolleyes:

Anywho, prayers for a fast recovery would be appreciated. I don't like seeing my precious little one sick, even though I know it was going to happen sooner or later. I just wasn't prepared for sooner.

boris91
05-30-2007, 05:06 AM
prayers for a speedy recovery poor little guy!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-30-2007, 06:05 AM
awww poor sick wee little baby!

Prayers on the way !! hope he is feeling better real soon!

AdoreMyDogs
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm so sorry your little one is sick. When we came home from the hospital with Quinn, my hubby picked up a cold and of course, Quinn with no immune system, picked it up from daddy. We put her in her room with a cool mist humidifier, per recomendation from her ped, and it was AMAZING how fast her congestion cleared up. Cool mist humidifier if you wern't doing it already, it works miracles!

Feel better little man.

luckies4me
05-30-2007, 05:11 PM
It's amazing what a great baby I have. He almost never fusses, and you would think that him having a cold would make him grouchy, but nope, he's still his sweet little self. He's still sick, so I'm going to look into a humidifier. The ped said I should get one too. Glad to hear they work. Hopefully this will speed things along a little so my little guy can start feeling better soon.

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Aww get better soon little guy. Glad he's not being cranky.

Reachoutrescue
05-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I sure hope your baby gets better soon. Please keep us posted.

luckies4me
05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the prayers everyone. :)

I suctioned out so much mucous from his wittle nose today, poor thing. I really hope this is the worst of it and tomorrow he will feel better.

luckies4me
05-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Now he has diarrhea. :( I'm going to call the clinic and see if I should take him in. :(

AdoreMyDogs
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh dear :( I hope he's ok.

luckies4me
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
No diarrhea, just wet poopies I guess. :o

He seems much better this morning. Still stuffy but not eating as much. He had 11 wet diapers yesterday and seemed to be eating non stop. Today he has calmed down some. I think he was trying to nurse his way through his sickness to rid his body of the infection. I haven't had to suction any buggers out for awhile so hopefully this means my little one is getting over it. :)

Logan
05-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Cass, I do hope he is getting better. We worry, anyway, but when they are so small, we worry more!

Logan

luckies4me
06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
He's still sick but getting better. Today he started making his cute breast feeding noises again which he didn't do yesterday. I can't wait til he is 100% again.