PDA

View Full Version : Where Have They Gone??

sandragonfly
05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I was searching for the missing members and couldn't find it back.

recently someone made me a "bulletin board" signature and made me thought of oggyflute.. then the others..

foxgal - jesse3 - clairebear - multicat - bosbci - mandamoo - buckner - cookieluver - cagnedog - shutterbug - christa - camcampup - neko - buddy blazer lover - swimma253 - esster - bigyummydog - samanthapuppy - calliesmom - mommyofthree .... ??

I'm sure there's more I miss on bottom of my mind .. plus, a few of actived members don't stop by as much as before. :( and some haven't been not corresponding like we used to .. this place just isn't the same as before.

I hope it wasn't something I said and mostly - I hope everyone is okay. :( I just miss talking to or see them! I now regret for not keeping in touch when I was gone for a while.

does anyone or have anyone last heard from anyone?

Laura's Babies
05-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I have noticed a lot of the real oldies are gone too. I miss them a lot too. I guess people just get busy with their lives or burned out on computers after awhile.

Aspen and Misty
05-29-2007, 10:15 PM
It's always at the beginning of the summer when we start missing our old members that left their "paw prints" on pet talk. Soon we will be swamped with "young teens" as the summer time picks up and a few oldies may slowly fade out. Times change, pet talk change and I believe we all have someone we miss who used to be a regular member. Hopefully they will pop there friendly faces in and drop a message.

Ashley

buttercup132
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I recently remembered Poofy is gone too, has been for a while. Cangey dog I've been wondering about too and have thought about pming Kay for a while to see if she knows what happened. Yummydog noone has heard from her in a loong time, there was someone who kept in contact with her threw e mail and one day she just stopped replying. Jess3,Buckner and Mandamoo all stop in every so often.

I wish everyone would just check in and say how they are doing. I hate how people just up and leave pt.

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2007, 10:27 PM
buckner is good. She's on myspace and I just talked to her the other day actually :).

and mandamoo, I saw her on MSN the other day but didn't talk to her.

The others, I really have no clue :/

Karen
05-29-2007, 11:44 PM
It's always better to PM someone you are missing than to post about her or him. A PM gets an email notification sent to that person, so they will know you are missing them, otherwise, they may never see it!

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 05:44 AM
I would be one of those active members that don't post much or correspond like I used to. I have no real excuse but do forgive me. There are several members here that mean the world to me including you Gina and for some reason I cannot explain I rarely PM them or email or anything. I wish I could explain why.

I know that when it comes to posting I get tired of repeating myself. There seems to be the same issues over and over and always a fight and I just don't have the energy to get into them anymore. It gets real old real quick and it seems they are only posted to get the fights or reactions for their own pleasure and I feel that is so sad.

As for PMing, IMing or emailing my PT friends I need a good kick in the butt. There is simply no excuse at all. I hope they all know including you Gina that I think of you guys all the time and you all still have a special place in my heart. I love you guys and really need to make a better effort on keeping in touch. I'm sorry.

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

sandragonfly
05-30-2007, 09:57 AM
oh yeah, poofy too. and thanks roxy.

karen, I've seen you say that in all of missing threads - my title wasn't really a question. as said, some have not responded and just wanted to say I miss them. :) I know I asked in end of my original post, I thought it might'd help.

it's possibly is because of summer too but this has been like this since I came back; two months ago?

michelle, thank you for your post, I appreciate it greatly. let me PM you the rest later (if I can lol), but please don't feel bad and I understand. really. I was like that a couple of months before, just the bad timing we're through I guess. I've had a worst day yesterday - probably the first one ever since my friend killed herself (in february) - and my friends couldn't be there to talk with. this site is only my line of friends, I do have some out of this site but we don't share the love of animals. and they're not more understandingable.

this site and people are just so different now, especially when I left the last time. three of my friends here whose had their pet died and I just feel bad. for everyone too - all of the deaths, fights and judgements and those good people are now gone. maybe I should leave too and move on.

my understanding, it wouldn't be one drastic change if one person leave at a time lol. I just wish things would rewinded back to the same or fastforward to get better. anyway, I miss how pet talk used to be. :) :(

buckner
05-30-2007, 10:17 AM
hey guys! *waves*

I'm here all of the time, lurking instead of posting. All is well on my end, especially Daisy getting to chase the cats around and keeping them in line. :) I've been at school this past year and my "free" time to read the boards was mostly at night, and I couldn't type all that much because of my roommate trying to sleep. But, I'm back for the summer and hopefully I'll start posting again.

Like Briana said, I'm on myspace. I'm also on facebook and AIM a lot. Anyone who wants to talk, even if I haven't talked to you much before, don't hesitate to drop me a line!

Jadapit
05-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I know where shutterbug (Judy) is! :D She got married quite awhile back. The guy she married has a little boy also Judy is expecting a baby! She is real busy with life.

sandragonfly
05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
*waves* buckner! :D and you, jadapit! thank you for the update. :) wow, certainly busy, glad to hear all well is with her.

those are busy with their lives - almost are not around, I'm happy for them. those actived members who now post not as much as before make me sad. for how this site have changed. heck, I know I need to try to understand and accept. :D

I just pray that all of them are okay and doing good.. hope a few more can check/pop in soon!

boris91
05-30-2007, 11:19 AM
my sister left because of buttercup 132!

kittycats_delight
05-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I forgot to mention. I hear from furrykidsmother Amanda on a fairly regular basis. She is extremely busy with life. A lot of things going on. But she has said several times she misses PT. All her kits are doing well as well as her and her husband. I will send her an email to ask her just to say hi and give her the link directly to this thread. :)

And Gina if you can please do PM or email me. I would love to catch up and I am always there to listen or for a shoulder to lean on. :)

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Kfamr
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Things like this are normal for a growing community... I don't think it means Pet Talk is different or bad, just growing and changing like every community. :)

That's so great to hear Judy has her own little family now! How exciting. Please tell her congrats from me.

Comments like these are exactly why some members leave and they are incredibly uncalled for. Please use a little tact next time.

sandragonfly
05-30-2007, 11:54 AM
no, this site isn't bad - that is why I'm still here. ;) it's just that people deal with or see this differently - some people leave and some don't. it seems to me, this site is disappearing.

quoted by boris91

oh boy.. maybe I should go before I get my head chopped off for starting this thread. just like the last time. :rolleyes:

I wish I could say whatever or share pictures without dreading some kind of posts like I used to. I hope this won't turn ugly again.

thanks michelle, I will talk, I promise. :)

buttercup132
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
my sister left because of buttercup 132!If you have a problem with me then pm me. You don't need to go around the boards saying that and being immature.

CagneyDog
05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm still here! I'm just more of a lurker now! Maybe I'll start posting a bit more :)

Ginger's Mom
05-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Good to hear from you, Lindsey, I've been wondering how you were doing (and Cagney too, of course).

Wow, Judy is pregnant. :) How exciting for her. Tell her she needs to keep us updated on the new little Pet Talker. Hope all is going well with her. :)

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
just some more popped in mind on the road...

lightning supercat .. loud lou .. dorothy39 .. rubymutt .. gracesmommy .. furrykidsmother .. anna .. rosethecopycat .. parnone .. auggie .. lizzie .. jazzcat .. crazycatlady .. JABL .. molucass .. G535 .. robilee .. lobodeb .. sara luvs tinky .. jods .. some have kids! :D

and of course, corinna. I could have met her on this trip as it's in better in climate. :(

dukedogsmom
06-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I talked to fox_gal a while back. She's just a very private person and doesn't stay on the computer much any more.

Catty1
06-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Many people responded to Gary's memorial thread for poor Roca. :( I saw a couple of the 'missing' names there, so I am sure anyone is welcome to PM them. :)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128277

sandragonfly
06-09-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah, much less now eh?

my title is - where HAVE they gone, not WHERE have they gone. :)

everyone who used to be online or less than usual are in my thoughts! hope all is well.

G535
06-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I've been lurking but not saying much for awhile after Finnigan's passing, not just here but at all other forums, I just lost interest for a time. I will be looking for a new cat (or two or three) next week.

Catty1
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
G535...you never know - they might find you!

Good to hear from you. :)

Hellow
06-10-2007, 12:03 AM
i have saw jazzycat lurking around on here yesterday.