PDA

View Full Version : menu foods/tainted dog & cat food

steel
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
the latest death toll thanks to sleezy,greedy menu foods is 2200 dogs dead & 1900 cats dead.its ashame the deceased animals cant return to life & pay the ceo of menu foods & all the scum involved in this horrible siuation a not so friendly visit.now that would be total revenge.the death toll is still climbing.e-mail menu [email protected] may all the dogs & cats RIP.

Ginger's Mom
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Could you post a link to where you got this information, please?

steel
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
read the signatures & comments. http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?menupay

Lady's Human
06-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Online petitions are useless wastes of bandwidth.

JenBKR
06-19-2007, 03:08 PM

Is the information you got on this link? I couldn't seem to find it, and I would also like to see where you got this information.

Lady's Human
06-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I asked him in another thread on the same topic to post a link to the info and he never replied.

Don't hold your breath.

steel
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
heres the link & proof. http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9929.html

Karen
06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes, but James? Online petitions do absolutely no good, as there's no way to verify the identity of the people who sign them, among other problems.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

steel
06-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, but James? Online petitions do absolutely no good, as there's no way to verify the identity of the people who sign them, among other problems.

i just wanted people to see the comments the people wrote about losing their beloved pets thanks to menu foods in canada.

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Please explain your opinion.

Online petitions are useless wastes of bandwidth.

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I actually find that statement to be false.

While not all online petition sites are created equal i do know of one where they collect all the information to make your signature legal and the information they collect IS verifiable.

And i have seen a few petitions i sign make a difference. I have seem them mentioned in news articles about the issue i was fighting for or against. (It was like only three times i've seen the petitions mentioned in an article but i have seen it.)

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM

http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=2200+dogs+dead+cats+recall&n=40&y=Search&vd=m3&rd=adv&meta=fl%3D1%26vl%3Den&fr=sfp&u=www.petconnection.com/recall/&w=2200+dogs+dead+cats+recall+recalls&d=Y8ywDOrnO-eC&icp=1&.intl=us

The VIN (Veterinary Information Network) estimated between 2000, to 7000 deaths.

wombat2u2004
06-20-2007, 01:33 AM
http://216.109.125.130/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=2200+dogs+dead+cats+recall&n=40&y=Search&vd=m3&rd=adv&meta=fl%3D1%26vl%3Den&fr=sfp&u=www.petconnection.com/recall/&w=2200+dogs+dead+cats+recall+recalls&d=Y8ywDOrnO-eC&icp=1&.intl=us

The VIN (Veterinary Information Network) estimated between 2000, to 7000 deaths.

I haven't been reading much about this pet food recall etc etc, as it doesn't affect us here downunder. So let me get this right. This tainted food came from China ???? Am I right ???? And is there any follow up involved here ??? Like.....is anyone or any company in particular, liable ????
Wom

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Yes, it came from China.

Look for threads about the recall in "General."

Also, there is a LOT of great info over at petconnection.com.

Yes there was a company involved over there. Their equivalent of the FDA was also involved. The head of it was also beheaded or something like that for his negligence and misdeeds. No I'm not kidding.

I haven't been reading much about this pet food recall etc etc, as it doesn't affect us here downunder. So let me get this right. This tainted food came from China ???? Am I right ???? And is there any follow up involved here ??? Like.....is anyone or any company in particular, liable ????
Wom

wombat2u2004
06-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Yes, it came from China.

Look for threads about the recall in "General."

Also, there is a LOT of great info over at petconnection.com.

Yes there was a company involved over there. Their equivalent of the FDA was also involved. The head of it was also beheaded or something like that for his negligence and misdeeds. No I'm not kidding.

He was beheaded ???? Jeez !!!!

Lady's Human
06-20-2007, 08:11 AM
The simple explanation for why online petitions are a waste of bandwidth?

No way to tell whether the petition signatures are real or just a bunch of kids playing games.

They have no legal standing at all, unlike a petition you actually sign in person for a ballot initiative.

IP addresses, MAC addresses, route traces can all be spoofed. If you put more security on your site to avoid it, hackers just view it as a new challenge. This results in no way to tell whether the petitioner's collection of signatures is genuine.

steel
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
the chinese death sentence is carried out quite swiftly.the wheat gluten in china was purchased by menu foods in canada cause it was cheaper.menu foods has lost millions of dollars since march.06 & i was hoping the fda would shut them down.thousands of cats & dogs have died & its hearbreaking. http://menufoods.com

IRescue452
06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't blame menu foods, they didn't think to test for everything because its a general part of our society to buy from China. ALL major corps buy from China. Look what else has gone undetected until recently: lead paint on children's toys made in China, and antifreeze in toothpaste made in China. Menu foods made the choice to save money and go with China, yes, but so has everybody else in the United States for the past two decades.

steel
06-20-2007, 12:07 PM
the ceo of menu foods did not notify the public until 1 month after menu foods received complaints from retailers that cats and dogs were ill and dying.so i do blame menu foods.read for yourself.
http://forums.petlovers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24396&highlight=menu+foods

wombat2u2004
06-20-2007, 06:06 PM
the chinese death sentence is carried out quite swiftly. http://menufoods.com
So no Chinese water torture first ???? They just chopped off his head ...right ???
Wom

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I will agree that a majority of petition site out there are pretty much wastes of bandwidth.

Please also see my reply to Karen.

What people really need to beware of though are the email petitions. :rolleyes: They should know NOT to sign any supposed petition that comes through the email. A link to one is one thing, but if it asks you to add your name and forward it to others do NOT do so!!!

Thank you for a calm diplomatic response! I really appreciate it greatly.

The one good petition site that i know of off the top of my head is thepetitionsite.com A good author will keep a watchful eye on the signatures and confirm them. Yes, not all petitions on here are held to quality standards; however there are many serious authors too. Care2 has the fields available to make these petitions legal and verifiable. (I haven't seen that on any other site in a long time.) For privacy reasons all the fields aren't shown until you go to sign the petition, then only the author and who it's directed to get to see the personal information. (I'm saying don't judge it by going there and just taking a quick peek. There are other fields that aren't on display.)

The simple explanation for why online petitions are a waste of bandwidth?

No way to tell whether the petition signatures are real or just a bunch of kids playing games.

They have no legal standing at all, unlike a petition you actually sign in person for a ballot initiative.

IP addresses, MAC addresses, route traces can all be spoofed. If you put more security on your site to avoid it, hackers just view it as a new challenge. This results in no way to tell whether the petitioner's collection of signatures is genuine.

steel
06-21-2007, 02:37 PM
read this info.more cats & dogs deceased then first expected.menu foods fed the tainted cat food to 18 cats & they all died.this was done after they knew the food was tainted.so YES.....i do blame menu foods as well as the chinese that sold them them the food.thousands of cats & dogs died.
Address:http://www.petconnection.com/recall/

smokey the elder
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Email petitions can also be disguised phishing schemes to steal identity.

cassiesmom
06-21-2007, 09:01 PM
My family lost a pet to contaminated food. It remains to be seen what the courts will do. Online petitions are not effective because they cannot be verified. So - for those of you who would sign and/or forward one: Save your energy. Spend that time with your pets instead.

Denyce
06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I will agree that a majority of petition site out there are pretty much wastes of bandwidth.

Please also see my reply to Karen.

What people really need to beware of though are the email petitions. :rolleyes: They should know NOT to sign any supposed petition that comes through the email. A link to one is one thing, but if it asks you to add your name and forward it to others do NOT do so!!!

Thank you for a calm diplomatic response! I really appreciate it greatly.

The one good petition site that i know of off the top of my head is thepetitionsite.com A good author will keep a watchful eye on the signatures and confirm them. Yes, not all petitions on here are held to quality standards; however there are many serious authors too. Care2 has the fields available to make these petitions legal and verifiable. (I haven't seen that on any other site in a long time.) For privacy reasons all the fields aren't shown until you go to sign the petition, then only the author and who it's directed to get to see the personal information. (I'm saying don't judge it by going there and just taking a quick peek. There are other fields that aren't on display.)

Even though this is technically off topic because this is about Menu foods and not online petitions I do have to agree with Crow Noir and disagree with those of you who feel online petitions are a total waste of time or bandwidth.

While they may not have any legal standing in a court of law we had a petition on thepetitionsite for a while and it was very helpful in a pet abuse situation. The manager of our local SPCA was a total abuser. The director in Philadelphia was protecting him. A petition was started and we collected almost 1000 signitures in a very short period of time. The originator was able to verify signitures and while some yes were from out of state or unverifiable over 800 of those signitures were from local people here in Centre Co. That petition gave us some information as in stories and name of people to contact in the area of abuses that were committed by John the shelter manager. When this was taken to the board in Philly a compromise was effected. A watchdog group was formed and for almost 2 years things went well. But John got complacent. The director in Philly "retired" :rolleyes: and John was just recently fired. So now a new management is in charge and things are looking up at the Centre Co. SPCA. But without that petition we didn't have enough "ammo" to take to the board.

So while it wasn't in a court of law that petition was NOT a TOTAL WASTE of bandwidth or time and the time spent away from my pets went to helping to decrease the suffering of many other pets.

There are ALWAYS exceptions.

Denyce