PDA

View Full Version : Zero to 60 in one second

gini
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Over the holiday weekend I had some guests. We were sitting out on my deck and enjoying the good weather.

Rascal KNOWS he is not allowed outside. But we decided to go into the computer room for a minute to look at a video and the sliding door was opened.

ZERO TO 60 - so fast he wasn't even an orange blur - Rascal was out the door.
Then he proceeded to go under the fence - go next door where he always gets into trouble with a good fight that results in very high emergency vet bills.

My friends were so patient because we were supposed to leave to go to dinner.
I called Rascal and he saw me, but gave me that look that said "are you nuts, I am not coming home!" "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity."

So next door I went - into the backyard from hell - and I was amazed that he didn't run - just let me scoop him up - holding him by the scruff of his neck
and bring him home. He was not pleased, but I was not amused.

And my reward for that little interlude? I found fleas today!

Ever hear of Advantage Rascal? I know you hate it - but guess what.........
zero to 60 I will have some of that on your precious little neck.

Randi
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh, that naughty little Rascal! But I'm glad you managed to grab him and re-introduce him to HOME! Sorry about the flees though. :( I have no doubt that you'll be able to pour "little" droplets of advantage on him - ohh, is he gonna LOVE that! Popular mom for sure! :rolleyes: :D ;)

Gini, there are just certain times a day (dusk!) you DON'T open the door, with a cat in an exploring mood around - I learned the hard way, and has numerous times had to go down in the middle of night to get Fister back in.

Good luck with the Advantage treatment!

Killearn Kitties
05-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh Rascal, you naughty boy, you! I'm afraid you will deserve all the treatments and/or grounding that are coming your way sweetie!

catmandu
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats why I enclosed the front porch as the Kitten Trio and Joseph were always running out and after Pouncierge got out and was rescued by Tubby 2 I had the work done.
Now for the Back Porch completely enclosed.
I wish I could buy a Sun Room, a two story one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/th_cats101609.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/?action=view&current=1180448637.pbw)

slick
05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Well, he certainly tried, didn't he?? Good thing you were able to retrieve the little fella before he got into trouble. Sorry about the flea treatment Rascal, but that's what you get for being nawty.

So do tell....was it Mr. P's back yard??? ;) :D :p

Edwina's Secretary
05-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Dear Rascal,

No good every comes from the great outdoors. It is better to stay inside. Trust us.

Eddie and Edwina.

RICHARD
05-30-2007, 02:26 AM
Dearest Gini.

I still like you even tho you have fleas.

lololololol

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Oh my, you were a naughty boy, Rascal !! I am glad that your meowmie found you back so fast!!
He he, our cats are not different from us humans: we all think the grass is greener elsewhere :rolleyes: :D ;)

Freedom
05-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Gini, there are just certain times a day (dusk!) you DON'T open the door, with a cat in an exploring mood around - I learned the hard way, and has numerous times had to go down in the middle of night to get Fister back in.

And if you feed at or just before that hour, then they have full bellies and get sleepy so they aren't as active. Feeding at or before dawn is NOT in my list of things to do, however!

Glad you got him back so easily!

rg_girlca
05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm glad that you were able to get your naughty Rascal back in the house so fast.

Loved your comment about the advantage. :D