PDA

View Full Version : Snow is at the vets!! **update**

emilysgk
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Finally!!! She is going to be spayed. I been saving and saving. As it is I still may have to get $40 from my dad to help. I have the cost of a spay, but she may be pregnant, if so it costs a little more. I can't wait around in case she is. (I dont know if you remember the weekend I was gone and she got out and didnt return for several days, thought she was gone forever) But that was a few weeks ago and chances are high she was out finding the boys in that time. Now I have to work on saving for the other two girls. It takes me a minimum of a about 6 weeks to save enough for a spay. They are just 4 months... so someone may end up having a heat before I get enough for both. Though I am considering if maybe I should save and wait for them to be spayed together since they are so young and playful. That way they would both be down, instead of one frisky trying to get the other to play who just had surgery. I guess I will figure that out in time. They are stictly indoor, but do seem to have interest for the outdoors that I plan to fight them on.

krazyaboutkatz
05-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Snow is getting spayed. I hope that everthing will go smoothly and that she'll recover quickly.:)

Hopefully it won't take you as long as you think to save money for the kittens spays. I'd hate for them to get out and get pregnant. Maybe you should look into getting them spayed at a low cost clinic or shelter.

emilysgk
05-29-2007, 11:17 AM
There arent any around here unfortunately. I am pretty good at keeping cats in. (exceptwhen im not here of course... *sigh*) I go as far as when the kids are outsidethe door is locked so I let them in. They dont open the door either unless I say its ok. I also will put them in a bedroom at other times. I feel like all I do all day is answer the door. But I do what it takes. Accidents are bound to happen eventually though. Like Snow, she was aroud a year old and been through many heats before she got out. This time was different since she KNEW what was outside and was more desperate to get out. Now I wont have to worry about that with her. She also pee's in the house, particularly on clothes, coats, and backpacks, when she isnt allowed outside. So we been dealing with that battle. It took some time to figure out.

I will be going to get her tomorrow sometime. Im sure she will be mad for quite sometime also. She was in the bedroom when I brought the carrier in... the babes who know no better, I couldnt keep them out of it! lol So I went and fetched Snow and fought her into the carrier... always fun. Then she howls the entire 30minut drive. Then when she seen where we ended up... whooo mad cat for sure! Snow is one of the sweetest kitties... until. Hah

Vela
05-29-2007, 11:38 AM
That's great! I'm so glad for you are are being able to get that done so you don't have to worry about it anymore. I know it's hard sometimes to do what's best for our pets but it's great that you are putting forth the effort and working so hard for it!

Hopefully she will be home safe and sound soon!

phesina
05-29-2007, 02:35 PM
That's wonderful news. Great work, Emily!

Pat

Scooter's Mom
05-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Great work on being so responsible!!

I am sure Snow will thank you in a few more weeks :)

Medusa
05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes, good for you and good for Snow.

catmandu
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
The Pet Angel Momma Visitor Squad Will Be There For Snow To Comfort Her Through Her Operation And Comfort Her And Let Her Know That Things Will Be All Right.

emilysgk
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Well she is (un)happily home now. She wouldnt let me near her at first, but it warming up. She slept under the couch for awhile, and I just found her on the bed... top of bunk bed :eek: I dont have a room I can close her off in specifically, and all rooms have something in them she can get on. The carrier is much too small to keep her in. I like to think that to some degree she knows her limits. She did ok after the c-section, and this was smaller deal than that. She isnt a playful cat, so no worry there. She just always sleep up on the bunk. Now that the kids are out, I bet she will stay right where she is most of the day. I am considering closing the door to encourage her to stay put at least. She is sleeping with Cow baby. Its pretty hot in here today so they are all just lazing around anyways. Oh, she was pregnant too. Which I suspected. Thankfully not too far into it and we are done with them worries. Now to keep on saving for them babies....

Wanted to add about low cost spay.... though there are technically no places around here, I guess in a way my vet is one in its way. Upon looking even I found a place online where you can buy a certificate for around $60 and go to participating vets. As most are at minimum 75-80 it seems. Mine is $65. Snow ended up cost an extra 45 though. But the other two girls will only be 65 when i get them done. He has raised prices, in the past years he used to be about $50. He also does not require shots or do any blood work and what not. Pretty strait foreward.

Donnaj4962
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Welcome home Snow! I am glad she came through everything well, and that she is resting comfortably. Now Snow, you need to take it easy and not get too crazy. You need to get plenty of rest and cuddles from Meowmie!

CultureJunky
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Welcome home Snow, you've been a brave girl and everybody on pet talk are happy that you can now be safe and healthy and not have anymore babies!
Emily how much does it cost to get a cat spayed where you are?

Our local PDSA (People's Dispensary For Sick Animals) spay a female for £20.00 (about $40.00?) and a male for £10.00 ($20.00?)

Sometimes I am so thankful that I live in the UK as things in the US seem so expensive. The PDSA treat ill and injured animals for free and you give a donation of what you can afford.

catmandu
05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Welcome Home Snow and now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your life,
and never worry about those noisy Tom Cats who come and visit.

rg_girlca
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm happy to hear that Snow made it through her spay okay and that she is resting comfortably now. :)

Grace
05-31-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm happy to hear that Snow made it through her spay okay and that she is resting comfortably now. :)

So am I :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-31-2007, 11:41 AM
That goes for me too.:)

It sounds like your vet's spay fees aren't too bad. Maybe he could work with you and get you on a payment plan when the kittens are old enough to be spayed.:)