PDA

View Full Version : For Richard (and other book lovers!)

Freedom
05-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Recently you posted about seeing a lot of new text books in the dump. (I searched but I couldn't find the thread, boo hoo.)

Saw this in one of today's columnists' articles and thought of you:

I see that in addition to all the electronics and DVDs, Best Buy now has three small shelves of books, so there's hope.

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks!

I saw this story last night on the news..

A bookseller wanted to donate used books to a library and some other civic organizations. They didn't want they books so he set up a book burning in front of his store.

The FD came out an put the fire out becuase he didn't have a permit....so he's gonna get a permit and finish..

------------

Again, I wanted to cry. :(

crow_noir
05-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeash!!! That's horrible.

Maybe someone on BookCrossing could be notified. I bet BC members would come to the rescue!

Thanks!

I saw this story last night on the news..

A bookseller wanted to donate used books to a library and some other civic organizations. They didn't want they books so he set up a book burning in front of his store.

The FD came out an put the fire out becuase he didn't have a permit....so he's gonna get a permit and finish..

------------

Again, I wanted to cry. :(

joycenalex
05-30-2007, 01:21 PM
freecycle? craigs list? a mission? books being burned, a big time creeps me out :(

RICHARD
05-30-2007, 01:34 PM
freecycle? craigs list? a mission? books being burned big time creeps me out :(

One person's "creep' is another person's "cry".

I don't understand why no one would take those books. :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
How many books were they talking about? I can't believe a library didn't take them and hold a book sale to raise money. It happens around here all the time. I'm thinking if it was a large amount of books it may have been a storage problem.