PDA

View Full Version : GRRRR AT&T commercial

sparks19
05-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Has anyone seen this commercial?

It's a mother and young daughter arguing over text messaging.

and the daughter speaks in nothing but letters like you would find in her text messages and just has this attitude going on.

THAT commercial grates on my nerves like nothing else lol. I can't stand it and they play it ALL THE TIME.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH lol

Twisterdog
05-29-2007, 12:31 AM
I've only seen it once, because I don't watch TV much.

But, it cracked me up, actually. I thought it was hilarious.

finn's mom
05-29-2007, 12:54 AM
It's certainly accurate. I have only seen it once, but I did laugh. :)

Jessika
05-29-2007, 01:52 AM
It made me laugh at first, but only because it reminds me of the girl I dress at work. She literally has the fastest fingers in the west, but oddly enough she doesn't use lingo like that. But the commercial makes me think of her every time.

It is sad though that kids "talk" like that. And now studies have shown that kids who DO "type" or "text" using chatspeak or whatever you want to call it has a better chance of having a higher literacy level??? How does that work??? LOL

The only thing that annoys me about that commercial is that the girl is obviously very young and has that attitude with her mother. My (future) kids WILL NOT own cellphones until they are old enough to buy their own, or buy the pay-as-you-go phones with their own money. I think they're unnecessary for kids unless they're going out with friends, in which case they can borrow mine for emergencies!

Pam
05-29-2007, 03:37 AM
We were just talking about it at work the other day. I found it to be very funny and so did my co-workers. Of course after I've seen it 100 times I will probably feel otherwise. :p

dogzr#1
05-29-2007, 06:49 AM
I find this commercial very funny, however after about 10 times seeing it, I get annoyed with it. The bad thing is I could understand her without the subtitles on :o

But the thing that bugs me, is that they stereotype and say that kids who text or IM a lot will all talk like that. I am on the computer IMing all the time, but in real life conversations I don't talk like that at all.

Whisk_Luva
05-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Those who havent seen it, it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkfqhl1IJMw

catnapper
05-29-2007, 07:16 AM
I saw it a hundred times... which is odd because I don't watch that much TV. It was funny the first dozen times. Now it also grates my nerves. Maybe because we're currently dealiing with a teenager who texts more than she speaks. Maybe her dad and I can get through to her more if we texted her too? Hmmm... not a bad idea ;)

dukedogsmom
05-29-2007, 07:42 AM
I think it's hilarious! I first heard it on the radio. It makes me laugh.

Freedom
05-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Seen it thousands of times. The actor playing the mom, she has it down pat on her last line, stumbling over the "S - N - F!" (so not fair.) The first few times I couldn't even figure out what they were saying (I don't have any children) so it really got me, he he.

sparks19
05-29-2007, 08:24 AM
The only thing that annoys me about that commercial is that the girl is obviously very young and has that attitude with her mother. My (future) kids WILL NOT own cellphones until they are old enough to buy their own, or buy the pay-as-you-go phones with their own money. I think they're unnecessary for kids unless they're going out with friends, in which case they can borrow mine for emergencies!

LOL that's what gets me.... that attitude just drives me nuts lol I don't know if I could control myself from giving her a smack upside the head to snap her brain back in place lol.

and I definately agree that no phone until THEY can pay for it. I don't think that is unreasonable.

although I see now that disney has these phones out that you can completely control. You control what numbers they can and can't call and when they can and can't call them. it even has a little tracker on it so you can see where your child is lol. I might break down and get one of those one day but the only number that can be called is ME lol.

caseysmom
05-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Sparks...your amazement will fade when you have a teenager :D

sparks19
05-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Sparks...your amazement will fade when you have a teenager :D

LOL I shouldn't be amazed.... it hasn't been THAT long since I was a teen and I know I put my mom through some grief lol. I can handle the trouble making.... but the attitude drives me nuts hahaha

Hellow
05-29-2007, 12:08 PM
LOL that's what gets me.... that attitude just drives me nuts lol I don't know if I could control myself from giving her a smack upside the head to snap her brain back in place lol.

and I definately agree that no phone until THEY can pay for it. I don't think that is unreasonable.

although I see now that disney has these phones out that you can completely control. You control what numbers they can and can't call and when they can and can't call them. it even has a little tracker on it so you can see where your child is lol. I might break down and get one of those one day but the only number that can be called is ME lol.

You know, i would always find a way around that stuff. It is soooo easy.

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
First VIDIOTS!

Next INTERNUTS!

Now? ABBREVI-A-HOLES!

----------------

Honey,

Why did you fail English this semester?

Wll, D spllng tsts wre so hrd! :rolleyes: :D

sparks19
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
You know, i would always find a way around that stuff. It is soooo easy.

and in that case I would KNOW it was the child that disobeyed the rules and messed with the phone and they would face consequences for that :D