PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Finals

sparks19
05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Well It's down to the wire.....

Ottawa senators and Anaheim Ducks.

If I didn't dislike some of the players for the Sens so much I might root for them.... but I REALLY REALLY dislike some of their guys lol.

Not to mention the Ducks have Corey Perry..... former London Knight (my hometown OHL team and played the year they won the memorial cup)

Go Ducks lol

The Cat Factory
05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I am rooting for the Senators. Go Sens Go!!:D

sparks19
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I am rooting for the Senators. Go Sens Go!!:D

I just can't root for Chris Neil who is nothing but a punk on the ice..... and I can't root for a man who should be in prison. and I'm not overly fond of Emery either lol

The Cat Factory
05-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't hate the Ducks, but I'm still bitter because the Ducks eliminated the Canucks. :o

sparks19
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't hate the Ducks, but I'm still bitter because the Ducks eliminated the Canucks. :o

LOL I can understand that :D

I'm not really a ducks fan either lol

Lilith Cherry
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
GO SENS GO!!! A win would cheer up all my children!

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Quack? :rolleyes: :confused:

RICHARD
05-31-2007, 03:53 AM
Dear Hockey God...

Please let the Senators kick some Duck arse.
The thought of the Cup in a warm weather city makes me ill.
Amen!

Blue_Frog
05-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Dear Hockey God...

Please let the Senators kick some Duck arse.
The thought of the Cup in a warm weather city makes me ill.
Amen!
I agree! I always thought that hockey should be played in places that get natural snow - it always makes me wonder, where you can't get tickets to a game up here, but the arenas are 3/4 empty in the southern states.

Too bad it might have to be the Sens tho. Aparently, they were trying to drum up support around Toronto, to get us to cheer for the Sens ... prolly not going to happen though -- we're all too bitter about how poorly the leafs have been doing for the last 30 years *lol* Regardless, I can't cheer for the ducks - any sports team named after a Disney movie, well... :rolleyes:

sparks19
05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
LOL the ducks are no longer affiliated with Disney :D thats why they are now JUST the Ducks not the mighty ducks lol.

and I also hate that southern teams keep winning the cup.... seems a little suspicious to me that the teams that are struggling financially are the teams winning the cup ;) FIXED

But There are just too many players on the Sens that I cannot stand.

wildfan
05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
The only reason to watch the finals this year is ummmmm.....

As a MN Wild Fan now living in suburban maryland outside of DC...my allegiance still lies with the west. But won't be upset if one or the other wins as long as it goes to a Game 7!!!!

sparks19
05-31-2007, 02:21 PM
The only reason to watch the finals this year is ummmmm.....

As a MN Wild Fan now living in suburban maryland outside of DC...my allegiance still lies with the west. But won't be upset if one or the other wins as long as it goes to a Game 7!!!!

LOL well Ottawa better get their butts in gear if it's gonna make it to 7.

RICHARD
06-11-2007, 02:49 AM
Ugh,

My brother went to the 'celebration' for the winners.

LOL, Anaheim is so effed up they don't have a main drag to hold a parade..they have to hold the celebration in the arena parking lot.

Plus, they had a photo op before the party, then promptly forgot to bring the Cup to the ceremony. So they brought the SC by helicopter, then took it to the stage...

-----------------

Now I have to put up with all the band wagon fans for a whole year.

NHL fans,

Please support your teams next year so the Stanley Cup can spend the off season where it belongs-in a cold weather town- where it will be cherished......Not in a town with a bunch of posers?

Amen? :)

sparks19
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Ugh,

My brother went to the 'celebration' for the winners.

LOL, Anaheim is so effed up they don't have a main drag to hold a parade..they have to hold the celebration in the arena parking lot.

Plus, they had a photo op before the party, then promptly forgot to bring the Cup to the ceremony. So they brought the SC by helicopter, then took it to the stage...

-----------------

Now I have to put up with all the band wagon fans for a whole year.

NHL fans,

Please support your teams next year so the Stanley Cup can spend the off season where it belongs-in a cold weather town- where it will be cherished......Not in a town with a bunch of posers?

Amen? :)

Support doesn't make a winning team lol....

If it did Montreal and Toronto would win every year lol. Toronto hasn't won in 40 years yet it is a sell out crowd every night. While Montreal is the winningest team in the NHL with 24 cups they haven't won since '93 but it is a sell out crowd every night.

The teams with the most dedicated fans aren't winning the cup.... but they don't have to win it to keep their fans either.

Look at Tampa Bay.... Stanley Cup Finals.... they couldn't sell out and they lowered ticket price to $10. i think it's all a conspiracy to promote the expansion teams lol.

Of course..... Take a look at the teams winning the cups lately.... how many of the players on those teams are actually Canadian :D