PDA

View Full Version : Scarred?

RICHARD
05-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I was tripping thru the channels and saw a promo for that show.

HOLY CRAP!

I laughed, I screamed, I almost puked!

-------------

It's a show about people who wreck while they are doing stunts on skates, skateboards, motorcycles and while doing other sports.

I love youth and bravery, Alone the are cool. Together they make some pretty good arguements on why people shouldn't do stupid human tricks and wear safety gear...

No wonder insurance rates are so high!

-------------

I gave the show 5 stars....especially the interviews with the victims....I have to say victims because a real athlete wouldn't be stupid enough to try some of those stunts! :eek:

Check it out!

sirrahved
05-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Dh has too much of a weak stomach to watch it, so I like to "sneak" it in when he's not home.

Icky medical stuff is my passion... as long as it's on TV! If I see it in real life I tend to get light headed.

zoey
05-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Richard, got a link?

eek watching that stuff trips me out.

i was one of those stupid kid w/ a skateboard and no protective gear.
we just don't learn until we've wiped out 100 times or until we have serious injury. that's why moms and dads should be a little more invoved w/ kids. um notice if they have chronic bruises and scraped bones. duh! thanks for sharing!

RICHARD
05-28-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/scarred/series.jhtml
Remember, I warned you! :eek:

dukedogsmom
05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I love that show! I try to catch it when it's on. I got a kick out of one guy saying "I'm much more careful now" after screwing up his arm. Yet no helmet or pads worn. Yeah, he learned a lot.

buttercup132
05-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I watched 5 hours of that yesterday, it made me feel so sick. There was a guy I know on there too.

CathyBogart
05-28-2007, 02:00 PM
In the motorcycle community (at least in my area) we call people like that squid, both because they go "SPLAT" like a squid when they hit the ground and because it's an acronym for "Super Quick Until I Die".

The squid have been out en masse since it started getting warm out. Sometimes I wish I was as invincible as they seem to think they are, it IS hot and uncomfortable wearing leather in 80+ degree weather. Too bad its more uncomfortable to leave skin on the asphalt. :rolleyes:

Hellow
05-28-2007, 02:13 PM
U should see me when i wrek on my skateboard. Like when i was trying to do a 360 Kickflip to 5-0 it got bloody.

Toby's my baby
05-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I love that show! I do have a hard time watching the nasty ones when they show it over and over again though.. gross! :p

A lot of my friends like to skate board, nothing as extreme as on Scarred, but I think about that show everytime I'm around them.. I hope nothing happens to anyone I know!

I wish I would have gotten my accident while riding horse on video tape, that would have been a pretty good one.. but o well. :p