PDA

View Full Version : She did it again :(

angelbow20
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
My sisters dog Holly who has bit a guy at the apartment building she lived at a few months ago, She bit my uncle tonight pretty bad on his ankle :( He is actually the 5th person she bit because she bit 2 of my other uncles before when they were visiting us.. They might have to put her down or find her a home where somebody can keep her seperated from alot of people, Tonight my uncle had my son on his shoulders and my sister had Holly on her leash getting ready to go home and as he walked by she snapped and bit his leg for no reason, I understand that some border collies are very agressive at times to people they dont know and watch over there family but he didnt do anything to her and we are going to end up getting sued over this if she keeps doing this to people, she also bit a boy from across the street a few months ago when he came to our yard and tried to pet the dogs through our fence ( she ended up with his glove that he was wearing on his hand). But his family didnt do anything about it since he came into our yard. I wish there was something we could do to help her but it seems like nothing has worked with her and we cant afford to get sued over her agressive ways :(

luvofallhorses
05-27-2007, 08:53 PM
that is not good at all. where did they get her from? border collies can be very protective of their family and very timid as well. Do you know if she's a fear biter? has she been to a behaviorist? sorry for all the questions here.

angelbow20
05-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Well my sisters boyfriend got her at a local pet store :rolleyes: for her as a gift because she really wanted a border collie puppy and was looking around for one when he decided to suprise her with holly because he fell in love with her. They have talked to one but hasnt seen her in person everybody keeps telling my sister that she better do something with her dog because if the animal control or spca or even her vets found out she bit so many people she would have to be put down. :(

luvofallhorses
05-27-2007, 09:01 PM
she may have something mentally wrong with her since some dogs do that are from pet stores because I think most of them are taken way too young from their mothers. :(

Have they taken her to the vet to see if anything is medically wrong with her? and do you know what triggered all these bites or were they un-provoked? How old is she?

angelbow20
05-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Another thing is I know she isnt dominant in anyway, whenever she see's me she lays on her back and licks me and listens to me as well as my sister and family but once a guy or someone she isnt too sure about comes near she goes after them, today she even dug under our fence and tried to jump it on this one spot my dad was fixing to make higher just because she saw someone by our sidewalk.

angelbow20
05-27-2007, 09:04 PM
she may have something mentally wrong with her since some dogs do that are from pet stores because I think most of them are taken way too young from their mothers. :(

Have they taken her to the vet to see if anything is medically wrong with her? and do you know what triggered all these bites or were they un-provoked? How old is she?

Nobody has ever triggered her to go after them, right when they walk in our house or by her she sticks her hair up and dives at them, She has been to the vets but they never said anything about it, she had to go for a check up after she bit the one man but they never did anything else about it or checked her for anything other than rabies. she is alittle younger than 2 yrs old.... SHe had a sister with her at the pet shop I guess and they said she was 8 weeks if im correct I forget for sure my sister has papers from the petshop when she got her.

buttercup132
05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Don't Borders bite ankles as a herding trait?

angelbow20
05-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Don't Borders bite ankles as a herding trait?

They might do it to sheep to scare them but dont actually attack them lke she has been doing. She does it in a agressive way and her sticks up and she does it so fast that its hard to react right away. She mainly goes after males although she did snip at my mom friend who is a female but didnt actually bite her.

elizabethann
05-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Is the Border Collie getting enough exercise? BC's are very active breeds. They need an outlet to run off all of their energy.

angelbow20
05-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Is the Border Collie getting enough exercise? BC's are very active breeds. They need an outlet to run off all of their energy.

She has a big yard and she is free to use it whenever because they have a doggy door where they live as well as when she is here.. she is mixed with a spitz also and she is pretty small about 20 some pounds. She never seems to like to run around alot though, When the other dogs are all running and playing she is usaully just laying in the sun watching them.

LuckyNumber7
05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
It sounds like she might be trying to "protect" her family and her territory. Her owners need to let her know that this is completely unacceptable behavior, and maybe start putting her in a crate when she starts exhibiting any sort of aggressive behavior.