PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Lohan "cited" for drunk driving.

RICHARD
05-26-2007, 09:04 PM
I just saw on the tube that 20 year old Lindsay Lohan was "cited" for DUI

Now, I think I remember that you have to be 21 to drink?

Like, this stupid see you next tuesday gets off because she is famous?

-----------------

I am not advocating or wishing ill will on her of any of her bimbette friends -what would be the reaction if a drunk driver killed brittney, lindset of paris?

There would be memorials, commercials, funds and lawsuits galore....

"(Fill In The Blank) left us too soon, she was a beautiful girl, 'fool' of life and beginning to live..." :rolleyes:

I would not shed a tear.

moosmom
05-27-2007, 09:15 AM
I have absolutely no sympathy for drunk drivers, famous or otherwise. I am SO sick of all the stupidity in Hollywood too. Goes to show you $$$$$ does make you stupid!

davidpizzica
05-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I have no sympathy for celebrity drunk drivers. They get pulled over and try to get out of it by saying "I'm famous" and get a little slap on the wrist or a brief sentence at a posh "jail". If it was the average person, a lot of "real" jail time, fines. and loss of their driver's license.

Alysser
05-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought she went to rehab?? Yeah, that really did her well. :rolleyes: I am so sick of hearing all this BS about these stupid girls. They really need to GROW UP! :mad:

sparks19
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
What really gets me going is that after they are found driving drunk or if they are killed driving drunk...... the lawsuits start flying anyway.

it's the BAR'S fault I drove drunk.... It's the roads fault I was driving drunk....

IT'S NO ONE'S FAULT BUT YOUR OWN.

moosmom
05-27-2007, 01:50 PM
AMEN Sparks19!

And yes, she went into rehab for a month. A whole 30 days! Shows you what good THAT did! :rolleyes:

The police found a white "substance" on her as well. Hmmm...it MUST be make-up :rolleyes: . Afterall, she went through rehab, right???

HORSEPUCKIES!!! :mad:

RICHARD
05-27-2007, 10:09 PM
lol,
I just heard that a paparazzo was following her and ran to the car to see if she was alright.

And the LAPD was going to test the substance found in her car...

--------

Well,
I see it this way....She'll blame the photog for the wreck.

And most cops carry the test kits for drugs.

Horse Puckey you say?

More like BS... :eek:

Catsnclay
05-28-2007, 04:22 PM
There was just something in our local paper about her celebrating her 21st birthday, and some VODKA company gave her the party.......what is wrong with that picture??!!

Yes, she just did get out of rehab, but apparently if you sell liquor it is perfectly alright to throw a party for some dumb, tipsy starlet, after all she can just go to rehab, again. :rolleyes:

I just cannot figure out Hollywood, they are like the NBA - rules apply only when necessary or if you are the 'star'.

elizabethann
05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Maybe she and Paris can share a cell?

Lady's Human
05-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes, she just did get out of rehab, but apparently if you sell liquor it is perfectly alright to throw a party for some dumb, tipsy starlet, after all she can just go to rehab, again.

I sincerely doubt anyone forced her to drink at gunpoint.

They are collectively just a bunch of overexposed spoiled bimbos.

Hellow
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM
They are a pile of idiots is what they are.

king2005
05-29-2007, 09:22 AM
I have NO sympathy for drunk drivers! I wish they would spend more time in a jail cell to rot in general public... I bet that'll put a nice dent in how many idots will be driving drunk.. sheesh...

Pawsitive Thinking
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Are prison outfits the next "must haves"

RICHARD
05-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I stand corrected...

The law enforcement agency involved is the Beverly Hills PD... :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
05-29-2007, 05:45 PM
There was just something in our local paper about her celebrating her 21st birthday, and some VODKA company gave her the party.......what is wrong with that picture??!!

Yes, she just did get out of rehab, but apparently if you sell liquor it is perfectly alright to throw a party for some dumb, tipsy starlet, after all she can just go to rehab, again. :rolleyes:

I just cannot figure out Hollywood, they are like the NBA - rules apply only when necessary or if you are the 'star'.
Apparently, these actors & actresses have never heard the term "designated drivers" I guess it's beneath them to have someone else drive them home.

cassiesmom
07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan turned herself in to face charges of driving under the influence in connection with the Memorial Day weekend hit-and-run crash that sent her into rehab.

Lohan was fingerprinted and photographed and released on her own recognizance.

Accompanied by her attorney, the 21-year-old actress surrendered at the Beverly Hills Police Department Thursday afternoon to be fingerprinted and photographed, Officer Brian Ballieweg said.

Lohan's blood-alcohol level at the time of the crash was above California's 0.08 percent legal limit, Ballieweg said. He wouldn't disclose how high it was. She also faces a misdemeanor charge of hit and run, he said.

Lohan was released on her recognizance. A court date was scheduled for August 24.

A message left early Friday with her publicist was not immediately returned.

Lohan and two other adults were in her 2005 Mercedes SL-65 convertible when she lost control and crashed into a curb and shrubs on Sunset Boulevard on May 26, police said.

Lohan got into a second car and was driven to a hospital in Century City for minor injuries, police said. The others in her car were not hurt.

Officers received a 911 call about the accident and traced her to the hospital.

Last week, Lohan checked out of a rehabilitation center after more than six weeks. It was her second stint in rehab this year. She said in January she had checked into rehab for substance abuse treatment.

The surrender was first reported by TV's "The Insider."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Pam
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Well this thread calls for a song. :) Here are the lyrics of Brad Paisley's song, Celebrity, which says it all! :rolleyes:

Someday I'm gonna be famous, do I have talent, well no
These days you don't really need it thanks to reality shows
Can't wait to date a supermodel, can't wait to sue my dad
Can't wait to wreck a Ferrari on my way to rehab

[1st Chorus]
'Cause when you're a celebrity
It's adios reality
You can act just like a fool
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV
I can throw a major fit
When my latte isn't just how I like it
When they say I've gone insane
I'll blame it on the fame
And the pressures that go with
Being a celebrity

I'll get to cry to Barbara Walters when things don't go my way
And I'll get community service no matter which law I break
I'll make the supermarket tabloids, they'll write some awful stuff
But the more they run my name down the more my price goes up

[2nd Chorus]
It's adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV
I can fall in and out of love
Have marriages that barely last a month
When they go down the drain
I'll blame it on the fame
And say it's just so tough
Being a celebrity

[Bridge]
So let's hitch up the wagons and head out west
To the land of the fun and the sun
We'll be real world bachelor jackass millionaires
Hey hey, Hollywood, here we come

[3rd Chorus]
It's adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV
Being a celebrity

Catty1
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
GUYS - this accident happened BEFORE her latest stint in rehab, if I read the above right.

And I recall it being in the news that after her rehab stint, she would be facing the criminal charges.

I'll go reread the first few posts, but suggest that people check the dates of these events.

cassiesmom
07-20-2007, 06:56 PM
The story on cnn.com was dated today ... updated 9:47 a.m. EDT, Fri July 20, 2007

Catty1
07-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes, and it is about her DUI in MAY - Memorial Day weekend.

Quote from CNN at 6:00 MT: BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan turned herself in to face charges of driving under the influence in connection with the Memorial Day weekend hit-and-run crash that sent her into rehab.

First to rehab, then to court. This is not resisting arrest - this is going to the next step in the process. Which was expected and which she did.

Edwina's Secretary
07-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think anyone suggested she resisted arrest?

It is just a little unusual to be booked July for a crime done in May... I think the usual process is crime/booked/rehab...

Not crime/rehab/booked.

Catty1
07-20-2007, 09:09 PM
It is just a little unusual to be booked July for a crime done in May... I think the usual process is crime/booked/rehab...

Not crime/rehab/booked.

Well, I went digging for earlier reports, and found this:

By DAVID K. LI
PrintEmailDigg ItRedditPermalinkStory Bottom

June 28, 2007 -- Troubled party girl Lindsay Lohan was stinking drunk and had taken cocaine shortly before crashing her car in Beverly Hills last month, cops said today.

Police found cocaine in Lohan’s smashed up car and it's being reported that toxicology exams show she had blow in her system.

Lohan also tested for "nearly twice the legal limit" of alcohol, according to web sites reporting on the bimbo's troubles.

A Beverly Hills police spokesman did not deny the report. Lohan’s spokeswoman and her parents could not be immediately reached for comment. Lohan, who turns 21 on Monday, checked herself into rehab several days after she slammed her 2005 Mercedes into a curb on Sunset Boulevard in the early morning of May 26.

The "Mean Girl" hit rock bottom 48 hours later when she capped off her wild Memorial Day weekend by passing out in a car outside Hollywood’s famed Roosevelt Hotel.

An embarrassing photograph of the passed out Lohan made front-page news around the world, and she checked into Promises drug and alcohol rehab in Malibu a day later.

Perhaps she needed to get to rehab ASAP, and an agreement was made that she would report for her booking after treatment? She went straight to hospital after that.

So I don't know. But she reported quietly to the police station with her attorney, and was released on her own recognizance.

Edwina's Secretary
07-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Perhpas an overnight stay in the drunk tank (as we ordinary mortals would have gotten) would have done her more good than being rushed to plush rehab!

lizbud
07-21-2007, 12:39 PM
I can't believe that "hit and run" is only a misdemeanor in California.
Is that true?

Edwina's Secretary
07-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Liz....as I understand (and it is not at the top of my list of stories I am follwing closely)....it was "hit and run" of property...not a person. She hit some bushes I think....

RICHARD
07-22-2007, 02:41 AM
She hit some bushes I think....

George and Laura are safe... :confused:

Pam
07-22-2007, 06:42 AM
George and Laura are safe... :confused:

LOL! LOL! :D

Marigold2
07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
If it was within my power I would sentence her to one year working in hospital rehap centers. She would have to work 10 hour days, 6 days a week treating people who were injured in car accidents. Feeding them, changing them, speaking to their family. Then she would have to spend a second year traveling to high schools across the county speaking about the dangers and showing pictures of the work she had done. No movie deals, no record deals, no money coming in for her whatever. Just two years of hard work, giving back to the public.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-22-2007, 12:06 PM
What I want to know is: why aren't the media making a really big deal of this like they did with Paris? I only saw this on the crawl at the bottom of the screen on CNN and not at all on FOX!

I mean she did just get out of rehab and was supposidly wearing one of those braclets that show if you are drunk. Maybe hers malfunctioned? :confused:

Pam
07-22-2007, 12:12 PM
If it was within my power I would sentence her to one year working in hospital rehap centers. She would have to work 10 hour days, 6 days a week treating people who were injured in car accidents. Feeding them, changing them, speaking to their family. Then she would have to spend a second year traveling to high schools across the county speaking about the dangers and showing pictures of the work she had done. No movie deals, no record deals, no money coming in for her whatever. Just two years of hard work, giving back to the public.

Excellent idea!! Too bad it is not within your power. I would love to see something like that become the penalty for these types of offenses.

RICHARD
07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Her mother planned her 21st bday to happen in Vegas.

When she got out, she ended up going-under the story that her assistant was having the party.

LOL,
'Stars' don't have parties for the hired help. The toss them a twenty and tell them to buy something nice.

wombat2u2004
07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
'Stars' don't have parties for the hired help. The toss them a twenty and tell them to buy something nice.

Damn....is that all I'm gonna get ???? :eek:
Wom

Catty1
07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Posted by MOFF:
What I want to know is: why aren't the media making a really big deal of this like they did with Paris?

Well, this is post #32 in this thread. The old thread on Paris being in the slammer had #41.

We can always compensate where the media slags!

Actually, the report I read said that Lindsay and her lawyer went to the police station alone. No paparazzi, no nothing. Maybe it's because Lindsay has, at times, revealed some real talent and ability? And nobody called the press?

Unlike what's-her-name?

wombat2u2004
07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Unlike what's-her-name?

The one who's very name is not to be mentioned ????

Catty1
07-22-2007, 07:52 PM
The one who's very name is not to be mentioned ????

Yeah....whoever... (we at 41 yet? :D )