PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help this cat??

buttercup132
05-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I honestly don't get people. How can they be SO stupid!!!:mad:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-cats-kittens-for-sale-PREGNANT-PURE-BREED-SIAMESE-CAT-W0QQAdIdZ14354586

Hellow
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
If they cant keep the cat, just take it to a no-kill cat shelter or give it to a trustworthy friend!

Fuzzybuns
05-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm sorry, but what part of that makes them stupid?

What I read is that they took kitty for what was supposed to be a month, daughter was getting sick, cat went out (escaped perhaps??) and came back pregnant, needs to find a home.
The only preventable thing is that kitty should've been fixed...but again, it wasn't their kitty. Maybe they recently talked to owners who said to find her another home because they finally realized that the chances of getting her back are next to none...at least for awhile longer now.
I don't mean to sound demeaning, but your comment was way too harsh in my opinion.

mrspunkysmom
05-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, even though I lived in the Deep South, I emailed the people the URLs of some shelter pages in the Toronto area.

How hard was that?

I wished them luck and kept my opinions out of it.

We are pet people. Pets come first. Not everyone thinks that way. don;t be mad at them. That is a waste of your energy. They did fine keeping the animals for 5 months and not just the one. Their child is sick. SO the cat must go.

AS for the sick child, my mean side says, "must not be too sick or they wouldn't try to sell it." My nice side says, "minor allergies", but that is still a concern.

Anne

Hellow
05-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Im a child. I got bit by my Gerbil Little Bit and the wound got infected. Even if i got sick off of any of my pets i wouldent give them away or give them to a shelter. :confused:

Fuzzybuns
05-26-2007, 02:55 AM
AS for the sick child, my mean side says, "must not be too sick or they wouldn't try to sell it." My nice side says, "minor allergies", but that is still a concern.

Anne

That's kind of what I was thinking too except for I was thinking maybe asthma and not allergies. I'm allergic to my cats and I have asthma, neither which would cause me to find new homes for the fuzzybuns because I manage it well but I think it might be different if it were my child. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch my child struggle to breathe, it's scary enough when I can't!

The money thing did rub me the wrong way. I'm trying to think outside of that though...they say "to recover money" but maybe it's for having carpets cleaned and whatnot to better the situation for their daughter. Sometimes the things we say make a whole lot of sense to us but not to anybody else or we just don't get it out the way we planned to.

You're probably thinking I should take off my rose colored glasses now, lol, but it's just that I try not to think negative so much. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt when their story isn't so clear and obvious...you know what I mean?

Hellow
05-26-2007, 02:57 AM
I sort of have allergies to both of my pets, but i also have allergies when pollen is out...

Freedom
05-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm with Alicia on this one. The part that got me was:
" she got out for couple hours twice and we don't know how she got pregnant!"

Duh!!!

buttercup132
05-26-2007, 07:48 AM
The cat is such a BIG problem yet they are asking money for it?

They are asking money for their friends cat, they are asking money for food etc they they were supposed to supply while caring for it. Yah really seems like they want whats best for the cat..

They knew the cat was unfixed obviously but still let it out. Which is VERY irresponisble. There for going back to my original comment of they are so stupid. They let it get pregnent they let it out knowing that she could come back pregnent and opps now that she is giver her the boot.

Medusa
05-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Irresponsible or not, the cat needs a home and so do her kittens. I'm too far away to help but someone sent links to shelters so, hopefully, these people will do the right thing.

mrspunkysmom
05-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Not to drag this out, but I agree with fuzzybuns. Communication is so difficult even when language experts try. So you can imagine the misinterpretations that occurr when you are trying to get across a point in the fewest words possible and you are distracted. Most fail miserably. We get by because we keep trying.

So I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Many people do not know how different cats are from dogs, not should they. I'm a cat person. I want to know about cats. I have a friend that found an injured cat on one of her walks. She took pity, paid for the surgery, and brought her home. A few months after her broken hip healed, she went into heat. The friend asked what should she do. She had a male cat but had never experienced a female cat. I told her that she would go into heat every two weeks until she got pregnant or was spayed. She got her spayed. She wasn't uncaring, just un-educated about cats.

And Spunky has gotten out on me a few times. It happens.

I think that us pet people need to look at non-pet people in a different manner. Rather than think them stupid, think un-educated or un-informed. Consider yourself a missionary for animal causes, but keep in mind you won't convert everyone.

Anne, the someone

Hellow
05-26-2007, 10:20 AM
What is that family aginst no-kill animal shelters?

Medusa
05-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Well said, Anne.

Lilith Cherry
05-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Offering the cat "free to good home" is asking for trouble ( heard of vivisection :mad: ) Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they will find the home or get it to a no-kill shelter. At least they are trying and have not just dumped the cat outside to fend for herself.

catmandu
05-27-2007, 03:23 PM
It sounds as though they are trying to get what they can for the Cat as Animal Rescue in Toronto would pick up that Cat no questions asked as the Animal Welfare did here with Pouncette and Karina Angel.
Thats sad as you never know whos going to answer that ad, and it might be someone who will not take good care of that Momma Cat and her Babies.
We are praying that this story has a Happy Ending.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_cats101769.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=1180191576.pbw)