PDA

View Full Version : Shot: Arrow through his head!

Fuzzybuns
05-25-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=68207
There's a news video at the end.

Sickening and I hope they find who did it. Prayers for Lucky...

catmandu
05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
What a horrible thing to do to one of Gods Creatures.
We pray that these creeps are caught and puinshed.
We are sending prayers for Lucky and would send a Big Mouse if we knew where to send it.
We know that The Pet Angels are with Lucky now comforting him and brimging him a Kitty Bag of Treats.

Taz_Zoee
05-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I cannot believe people!! My guess would be kids. That is so sad. I hope he recovers completely. Poor Lucky. :(

kt_luvs_kitties
05-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Whomever decided this would be funny, to hurt this poor kitty, I hope they rott in hell :mad:

And I hope that this has taught the owners a lesson, if you want to keep your "beloved kitty" safe, PLEASE keep them indoors, or at the bare minimum, keep a close eye when they are outside!

KittyGurl
05-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Poor Lucky. People are so cruel to animals! Hopefully the police catch the people who shot the cat in the head with an arrow and they get punished. Poor Lucky...I feel so bad for the kitty :(

Laura's Babies
05-25-2007, 08:31 PM
This is a sad cruel thing, what did that sweet Lucky ever do to deserve that? You can bet somebody knows who did that....

Miss Z
05-26-2007, 05:16 AM
He is so fortunate to have survived such a horrific injury, that really is one 'Lucky' cat. I expect kids shot him too. Sad that kids nowadays have nothing better to do than hang around shooting whatever passes by, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Hellow
05-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes, it is.

columbine
05-26-2007, 08:14 AM
That's no arrow. It's a crossbow bolt. Some local cop's going to recognize it, and ask the hunting community "who around here has a crossbow?" and that idiot is going to land in jail or reform school!

Love, Columbine

moosmom
05-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Columbine,

That's no arrow. It's a crossbow bolt. Some local cop's going to recognize it, and ask the hunting community "who around here has a crossbow?" and that idiot is going to land in jail or reform school!

That's the way it SHOULD be!!!

Medusa
05-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Wow, Columbine, I'm glad you noticed that crossbow bolt. I didn't know the difference but, as you say, some cop might and this person is going to come to justice. When I saw this on TV, I became so worked up; I really have difficulty w/this kind of story because I struggle w/the cruelty that humans are capable of. I'm going to be watching for news that the animal abuser was caught and severely punished.

momcat
05-26-2007, 12:25 PM
It's amazing that poor Lucky even survived such unspeakable and obviously intentional abuse! I pray that those responsible for this atrocity are caught and get the maximum punishment available under the law!!! :mad: :mad:

A week ago or so I posted about a judge in Alabama who sentenced a woman to spend a night alone in the woods with nothing because she abandoned a kitty...if only THAT judge could hear this case when it gets to court! One can only imagine what sentence would be imposed!

columbine
05-26-2007, 12:28 PM
A week ago or so I posted about a judge in Alabama who sentenced a woman to spend a night alone in the woods with nothing because she abandoned a kitty...if only THAT judge could hear this case when it gets to court! One can only imagine what sentence would be imposed!I don't think an arrow through the head would make much difference in this particular case.

Medusa
05-26-2007, 12:30 PM
It's doubtful that anything would matter to a person who would shoot a harmless animal at point blank range. This was an intentional, deliberate act of cruelty. There's no reasoning w/such a person.

Fuzzybuns
05-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm going to be watching for news that the animal abuser was caught and severely punished.

Please let us know if you hear of anything! I can't imagine what Lucky and his family are going through.

I'm not a violent person but this makes me want to cave the face in of those responsible!

Pawla
05-27-2007, 10:26 AM
That is just sickening! I would physically hurt someone if they harmed my cat! :mad:

momcat
05-29-2007, 08:08 AM
That is just sickening! I would physically hurt someone if they harmed my cat! :mad:
As would I, Pawla be it your kitty, Groucho, or any other helpless animal. If I do harm some idiot and get arrested, would you send me snacks in jail?

orangemm
05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
That poor cat. Humans can be shameful sometimes; no wonder I love my animals more than most people.

I hope that sweetheart makes it. And I pray they find the monster who did this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pawla
05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I like my cat more than people. :p

Catty1
06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=68207

PARMA -- Lucky the cat is living up to his name.
The 8-year-old, black and white feline survived being shot in the head at close range with a bow and arrow. On Saturday afternoon, 16-year-old Kristin Slovensky was on her porch, when Lucky staggered home, with the arrow sticking out of his neck.

"It was just sickening, I couldn't believe he was still alive," Kristin said.

Kristin and her boyfriend rushed Lucky to the Animal Emergency Clinic in Brook Park. Dr. Jeni Hren operated on the cat.

"In my twenty years of taking care of animals, I've never seen anything like this," Dr. Hren said. "This cat was shot at close range."

Lucky is back home, but not out of danger yet. The risk of infection is very high, and he could suffer kidney damage.

Donna Slovensky is shocked that someone would do this to a harmless cat.

"He's fixed, he's gentle, he loves to walk through the neighborhood, everybody on this street knows Lucky, and loves him."

Police are investigating.