PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow...

moosmom
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
The wait seemed like 4-EVER!!! Finally, I'll get some answers as to what my options are for my knee pain. I'm tired of being on pills all the time. They make me loopy (as you know) :p.

I won't be able to go to Charles' party tomorrow night :( . I really don't have the money. It'd be pushing it with just $50 to my name till the 3rd of the month.

Wish me luck guys!! I just hope I don't have to have knee replacement surgery.

Needle in my knee?? :confused: GULP. *starts to sweat* I'll probably pass out cold.

caseysmom
05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Prayers are on the way Donna I hope you find some relief without the knee replacement.

I got my MRI back on my neck and something is causing the vertabrae to push on my spinal cord....I am scared to death :( I am waiting to a referral to someone that knows necks.

joycenalex
05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
donna i had 2 cortisone injections in my right knee last spring, one in april, one in late may (after being a blasted fool and jumping up and down on a shovel while gardening, i deserved that dope smack). it smarted a bit, on a 1-10 scale for me it was a 6, the relief was immense and i was able to wait till july for my meniscal repair surgery. i kept looking the other way and talking to the ortho guy. my elderly mom got her first knee injection 2 weeks ago, she told me she wishes she'd done it 15 years ago.

DrKym
05-24-2007, 09:57 PM
see I knew you would get some relief.......................whiner LOL

Love you Babe! glad we talked before you went in, and in a few weeks I will be there. Hugs and kisses.

Jas says better be ready to dance..........

Karen
05-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Isn't it better to know what your options are? I'd be looking forward to that. Good luck tomorrow, Donna!

Freedom
05-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Donna - when I saw the OS in February about my knees, he talked with me about injections of hylauric - joint fluid. He suggested that as afirst step BEFORE starting with cortisone injections. So you may hear about that as well.

Like you, I think I'll faint away with a knee injection; I can't even think about it without my stomach turning over and over and over . . . .

It's always good to learn about the options. No need to rush into decisions.

lvpets2002
05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
:( Needle in the knee OUCH!! That part I would be dreading.. Hey best of luck & hope they can releive your pain..

moosmom
05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
They x-rayed both knees. I have the early stages of arthritis in my right knee. He showed me my knee and the cartlidge under it. He said it was good. There was a small spur next to my knee, and when the arthritis that's in there gets inflammed, rubs against it. He recommended PT ( both :p :p ) 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks, hot/cold packs and Aleve for the pain. If it doesn't help, I'm to call him. He said I'm far from knee replacement (*sigh*). Cortisone is only just another temporary thing.

So, no needles or weeks of knee recovery!! WOOHOO!!!

davidpizzica
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Oh, sweetheart! I'm SO GLAD you don't have to go the knee replacement route! (I've been there!) What you have to do with your knees will be tough enough. Donna, I'll keep you in my thoughts as you go through this. {{{{HUGS!}}}}

Freedom
05-25-2007, 11:34 AM
That is such good news for you!

I have double knee replacements to look forward to; OS wants me to stick it out for 3 more years.